Rockwell Aero Commander 500S - R.A. "Bob" Hoover.zip

Thread: Rockwell Aero Commander 500S - R.A. "Bob" Hoover.zip

Rockwell Aero Commander 500S - R.A. "Bob" Hoover.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian prop skins

Description: This is a repaint of the Carenado Aero Commander AC500S in the paint scheme of legendary Robert "Bob" Hoover's Aero Commander. There were several iterations of sponsor markings used while Bob flew the plane. I used the last markings that were on it when it was displayed in the Udvar-Hazy Aerospace Museum near Dulles Airport. The file includes an aircraft config entry. Just paste it in your aircraft config file at the end of the last entry and update the sequence number.

This was not an easy bird to paint, but with the passage of Bobo Hoover, I knew I had to try and paint this. I was lucky enough to see him perform twice when I was young.

This paint is used in Prepar3D, but should work just fine in FSX.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Rockwell Aero Commander 500S - R.A. "Bob" Hoover.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

This was not an easy bird to paint
    You can say that again! Bravo mate! I looked at it a few times and chickened out!

Great work. I was fortunate enough to see him several times when I was younger in southern California. He will be missed.
    Windows 10 64bit v1703 Build15063.138
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i5 2500K
    G-Skill 16GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    XFX HD Radeon 7870DD 256bit 2GBGDDR5 (Crimson 17.4.3)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    WD 1TB SATA3 (OS)
    WD 1TB SATA3 (P3D)
    Hitachi 1TB SATA3 (Steam)
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Antec 650w PSU

Members who have read this thread: 1