Russian WW II aircraft wish list - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian WW II aircraft wish list

all russian ww2 related airplanes made by the above mentioned Yak-3 modeller:

Yakovlev Yak-1
    Yakovlev Yak-3
    Yakovlev Yak-6
    Yakovlev Yak-9
    Kharkiv R-10 (KhAI-5)
    Yermolaev
    EP-2 (DB-240)

+ the postwar Yakovlev Yak-15 jet

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    The Yak-3 was the one aircraft that the best pilots wanted to fly. Light and nimble and at altitude one of the best fighters in WWII. There are cosmetic differences between the 3 and 9,(wing design, air inlets and several other features that are different along with flight dynamics), a accurate model is this and spot on for the Yak-3. A great aircraft to add to CFS3 along with the Il-2 and Pe-2/3. We have the need for more things Russian including armor and vehicles .As far as fighters the Yak-3 and 9 are most needed and are different enough to warrant the work.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; March 15th, 2017 at 17:08.

the Yak-3 model from SketchFab is available with open landing gear, still from my small tests it pretty fits with the bay shape. that is good for gmax animations. the texture uv-mapping is bit way from CFS3 standards, means without re-uv map no .mos damage profile. also only the tail rudder can be animated, without further wing part related (re)work.

well, these are minor issues, but things doesnt need to be made superperfect, regarding what for horrid things is available at the CFS3 Warbirds library... oh mate, having a bumpy skin what some people dared to upload there by past... eeek!

to avoid from some AVH permission problems I personally would rather produce the Yak-3 with some of the stock CFS3 virtual cockpits. just like the MiG-15bis.
    btw, I took the stock CFS3 P-51 model as the Yak-3 add-on template.

a decent CFS3 conversion of the SketchFab Yak-3 model, means an ariplane with a retractable gear, working weapons and a spinable propeller would take one two afternoons max. but I am stuck with a lot of other stuff.

anyway, I may share what I have at home, in case of some interest. maybe the Yak-3 could be your first modding learning stuff, Scott

note: the SketchFab Yak-9 model is produced witthout landing gear. even no such related under wing cutouts, thast a shame. but everything is doable...

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have several sets of Eastern front Missions for MAW uploaded to SOH, several use Vehicles (driveable) and aircraft (Beta) models included.

Eastern Front missions package part I MAW
    This is the MAW Eastern Front package ..Part I.. Both parts are needed to fly this package( Part I and PartII)
    There are 12 standalone aircraft included, and several downloads will be needed.
    All needed download links are included in the Read Me's.. You Must check the read me's closely..Follow the instructions in each..
    The are set in the crimea, and Near Mossow(what-if)..

Eastern Front Package Part II MAW
    This is the MAW Eastern Front package ..Part II. Both parts are needed to fly this package( Part I and PartII)
    There are 12 standalone aircraft included, and several downloads will be needed.
    All needed download links are included in the Read Me's.. You Must check the read me's closely..Follow the instructions in each..
    The are set in the crimea, and Near Mossow(what-if).

MAW Urals EF# 2 Mission Package HH 200-300 finals

Ths is part two of the "Mini-Expansion" for the Eastern front MAW..
    In this package you receive Three standalone aircraft (1) Il-2 Beta by StumpJumper (a work in progess).
    w/ work on the IL-2 by Major Magee ( VC cockpit) and Slip Stream..( airfiles and XDP)..

(2) La-5 by Jaycee with skin By Lewis11777..

(3) Pe-2 by Nidicki
    These package also use the ( Flyable) Russian Armor here at SOH By The Masters at Regs Hanger..
    With work by Slip Stream and Major Magee..

There are 30 missions (24) Aircraft and (6) Armor..
    This is dedicated to all the men who have made this possible with their efforts and kind support in the project..
    There are several different types of Missions and types of Aircraft used in the package..

Blog Entries
    Read about this some time ago but never searched it out. Thanks HouseHobbit for your work and reminding us.Will give it a try. Into Il-2 '46 BAT so much don't have time to spare installing mods. Get my Russian fix there also. Would be nice for CFS3 to progress in the Eastern Front but i'm not getting hopeful after all this time.It is what it is. Still enjoy CFS3 and all that's been done over the many years.At least we have a good number of expansions and a fair number of aircraft,armor,ships,scenery and much more. More fun today than ever before. Looking forward to the future with CFS3. Still ,no matter what,CFS3 ends up being my go to sim. The new stuff can't compare to the good'ol CFS3 and Il-2 '46 and how far they have come over the years.Never knew they would last this long ,yet they flourished all these years. Amazing!!!

shame to read CFS3 ends up being your go to sim. then a few threads here losts its sence in fact, because who another else is asking there for new Russian add-on stuff, for example

a poor interest may kill a lot of current wip projects.

There are probably only about 100 of us left doing anything with CFS3, but it's still the place I spend all of my computer hobby time.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Maybe only less than 100 actually post anything,that being said,i still come here several times a day and always am learning new things. The people that do post are great. The few post that this thread has had showed that there is not a lot of interest in the Eastern Front in which you are correct,sad to say,(over 1700 views though). At least i have "another" sim that takes care of that. Still a few more Russian aircraft would be most welcome.imo Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Maybe only less than 100 actually post anything
    there is a typo, you mean 10, right?

Blog Entries
    Hehehehe! Sad to say but closer to the truth.

Blog Entries
    There are probably only about 100 of us left doing anything with CFS3,
    Looking at the number of downloads of recent beautiful models like the Tempest and Black Widow that figure is about right Andy, sad to say.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Looking at the number of downloads of recent beautiful models like the Tempest and Black Widow that figure is about right Andy, sad to say.
    There's a lot of CFS3 videos on YouTube and a lot are posted within the last few months. I think if we invite people from YouTube over to SOH, our hobby may grow again.
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Blog Entries
    You misunderstood me BorekS. I mean that CFS3 is tops for me. No matter what sim i get into i mostly can find one of my CFS3 installs covers it. I'm pretty new with Il-2 '46 and it has some interesting features but the sense of being there and good flight modeling CFS3 has it in spades. Just wishful thinking on the Russian aircraft i guess.Still hopeful that we'll see some much needed aircraft for Russia and Japan. CFS3 is close in covering WWII more than any sim out there. Nice to see some new aircraft come out recently . Things are progressing nicely thank to these wonderful modders here at SOH. Thanks Guys !!

Blog Entries
    Is there anyone here working on a Russian aircraft ? Gave some links at the beginning of this thread.Would be nice to have the venerable Il-2 and Pe-2/4 along with the Yak-3 and La-7. Most needed aircraft to me. Hopeful these might be tackled some time in the future. Maybe by then i'll know how to make them myself. Thanks for the heads-up Hobbit will get the package downloaded and installed. Sounds like fun ! Regards,Scott ps It seems like i'm the only one interested in the Great Patriotic War. Any others???

I like the idea, but there's not really anywhere to play. If we ever get a map to play on I think interest would go up. That said, the MAW and stock maps did see some of the eastern front action in 1945, so aircraft involved in that time frame could be properly put to use.

Members who have read this thread: 1