Wilco Harrier VTOL problem in P3D

Thread: Wilco Harrier VTOL problem in P3D

Wilco Harrier VTOL problem in P3D

Hi,

Just installed the the wilco harrier in P3D, FSUIPC is installed and working, pitch axis assigned and nozzles moving, Robs latest harrier VTOL update, but no VTOL even with almost empty tanks. Nozzles are moving and exhaust are moving with it.

Any ideas?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Potential Issue

I had problems with the VTOL also until I disabled TacPack. I don't know if your issue is associated with TacPack but mine definitely is.

I saw that in a forum as well and just tested it out. It cures it for me as well.

thanks!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Ran it though MCX and it was quite an easy task to remove the (almost) never used A2A refueling probe. This model has a lot of stuff going for it, but the model errors are just unbelievable for a payware model..Strange that they have not used at least a little time for checking the smaller details. Antennas, textures. Just look at the Sidewinders, even FS98 models had better looking Aim-9s...

But it is the only game in town for a Sea Harrier and with some texture work I believe it is possible to transform it into a more convincing looking model.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hi,

I don't have either Tacpac or P3D, so I cannot pinpoint the problem.
    But if disabling TacPac solves the problem of not being able to do VTOL even with almost empty tanks:
    It sounds like the aircraft is over-weighted.
    Because I know Tacpac manipulates the weight of the aircraft, via the payload stations.

What I would like to know, if VTOL doesn't work with Tacpac enabled: what is the total weight of the aircraft then ?
    You can check this in the menu, or use the tooltip in the top-left red/green led button in the VTOLdisplay gauge.
    If total weight is more then 21000 lbs, you can't do a vertical takeoff.

Rob

Members who have read this thread: 2