RAAF Base Pearce (YPEA) Western Australia

Thread: RAAF Base Pearce (YPEA) Western Australia

RAAF Base Pearce (YPEA) Western Australia

Hi,

I just downloaded this scenery the other day, and had a quick look tonight. It looks like a really well done scenery. It's by the same designer as the 2016 version of RAAF Base Williamtown (V2), Lawrence Nichols.

Available at Flightsim.com.

Filename is "raaf_base_pearce_wa.zip"

Alternatively just use the search function and search for "Lawrence Nichols".

The pics below are taken in P3D V3:

Cheers,

Larry is excellent. Not sure but I think he did Amberley also. Really nice guy, he tried to show me how he does the texturing, but it was a bit over my head.

I think he might be moving on to Edinburg AB next. Hope so, I love his work.

Found this about the same time too. Very nice in P3D v3.35, especially with MAIW/ADFAI traffic. Just wish it had Tacan instead of just DME.

Does Williamtown work in P3D? I have his FSX version, but all the buildings/sheds are invisible (.bmp textures). Is the V2 you quote different?

If he is moving on to other bases, thats very good news.

Edit - found Williamtown post lower down!!

Hello,

I did do Amberley

Currently doing Busselton, RAAF bases, Wagga Wagga, Edinburgh and Gingin, if you can think of any others that need doing let me know or if you have images I can use on any AB send them to me and I'll add you to the credits

I can be contacted at flightsimdev@bigpond.com, or via flightsim.com

Cheers for now

Lawrence

PS not Larry

SOH-CM-2020

Great stuff mate - how does "Laurie" sound - where is Amberley to be found please?

Thank you very much for these scenery's Lawrence.

I for one would like to see RAAF base Richmond done someday? I grew up on that base and if you are interested in doing it, I am sure I could help you out with photo's and the such?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimdev View Post
    Hello,

I did do Amberley

Currently doing Busselton, RAAF bases, Wagga Wagga, Edinburgh and Gingin, if you can think of any others that need doing let me know or if you have images I can use on any AB send them to me and I'll add you to the credits

I can be contacted at flightsimdev@bigpond.com, or via flightsim.com

Cheers for now

Lawrence

PS not Larry

Fantastic to hear from you Lawrence.

I had just downloaded some satellite imagery for Wagga Wagga myself, as I was planning on doing a version, but decided against it for the moment due to limited imagery of the overall base (and time for scenery design) . Even though I was just there a few weeks ago for my sister's pass out parade, I obviously wasn't allowed to take pictures apart from on the parade ground and out the front, where by the way they were adding and shifting around a few gate guards (aircraft). There was a Canberra, a Meteor, and an F-86. There were some guys adding some markings to the F-86 at the time.

Really looking forward to your versions of Wagga Wagga and Edinburgh especially.

I would be happy to help out if I can, perhaps with some minor details or photos, or even beta testing.

Thanks for your current releases also, they are some of the best RAAF bases we currently have in the sim.

Cheers,

Hello,

Cheers for now

Lawrence

PS not Larry

Apologies. No disrespect.

Thank you again.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ORBX already has a great freeware Bussleton.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Great stuff mate - how does "Laurie" sound - where is Amberley to be found please?
    I removed Amberley off flightsim.com, it's getting better photo real, more buildings and being converted to a seasonal airport, if you have Pearce and saw how I did the taxiways and effects at night then you'll see what changes are expected for Amberley V2

Lets just say it's getting a face lift

And Laurie or Loz is just fine thanks

If you want a copy of the one that was on FS.com, use the link below it's on my cloud, and not speed limited

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiBgPVcIl5Uugt4Lr5Row5vjiiFYkw
    Last edited by flightsimdev; November 13th, 2016 at 23:07. Reason: Additional information

For some reason I am getting quite loud wind noises at these RAAF bases (Pearce and Williamtown)???

Even if I choose "Clear Skies" which has no wind at all...I get a loud wind noise like its blowing a gale!?!

Can anyone confirm this please?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post

I had just downloaded some satellite imagery for Wagga Wagga myself, as I was planning on doing a version, but decided against it for the moment due to limited imagery of the overall base (and time for scenery design) . Even though I was just there a few weeks ago for my sister's pass out parade, I obviously wasn't allowed to take pictures apart from on the parade ground and out the front, where by the way they were adding and shifting around a few gate guards (aircraft). There was a Canberra, a Meteor, and an F-86. There were some guys adding some markings to the F-86 at the time.

Really looking forward to your versions of Wagga Wagga and Edinburgh especially.

I would be happy to help out if I can, perhaps with some minor details or photos, or even beta testing.

Thanks for your current releases also, they are some of the best RAAF bases we currently have in the sim.

Cheers,

This is the photoreal I will be using for WaggaWagga

I used SbuilderX for a couple of year but it can't handle large images, and you get that google all over it, I don't use it now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WaggaWagga.jpg  

I live about 10 miles from Pearce/Bullsbrook - this scenery seems to capture the field and surrounds very well. Well done.

SOH-CM-2020
    I removed Amberley off flightsim.com, it's getting better photo real, more buildings and being converted to a seasonal airport, if you have Pearce and saw how I did the taxiways and effects at night then you'll see what changes are expected for Amberley V2

Lets just say it's getting a face lift

And Laurie or Loz is just fine thanks

If you want a copy of the one that was on FS.com, use the link below it's on my cloud, and not speed limited

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiBgPVcIl5Uugt4Lr5Row5vjiiFYkw
    Thank you very much Laurie, great DL speed and I now have all your excellent airports installed. Look forward to YAMB V2 in due course.

@Tim I don't have those wind noises you describe in my FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Thank you very much Laurie, great DL speed and I now have all your excellent airports installed. Look forward to YAMB V2 in due course.

@Tim I don't have those wind noises you describe in my FSX.
    Thank you Terry for looking into that for me. I will have to do some more investigating...!?!?

Lukim you behind,
    Tim.

Icon27

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post

Cheers,

Always looking for beta testers.

Just email me, and we can work something out, I'm hard to work with, just warning you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Thank you very much for these scenery's Lawrence.

I for one would like to see RAAF base Richmond done someday? I grew up on that base and if you are interested in doing it, I am sure I could help you out with photo's and the such?

Cheers,
    Tim.

I have good photo real for Richmond now which I grabbed about 2 years ago, was planning on doing it pre Pearce, but someone said "Pearce would be easier" 12 months later I can tell ya it wasn't

Hi Lawrence

Thank you for the wonderful RAAF airbases that you have done , very much appreciated .

A special thanks for RAAF Amberley (YAMB) , I've had it installed for a while now , it's absolutely magnificent .
    Looking forward to the V2 version .

I had been after a Amberley scenery for many years , fortunately I stumbled across your release , and when
    I installed it I was far more than pleased .
    I had done a F-111 AI activity boost package based out of YAMB , also I use YAMB frequently to test and calibrate
    instruments that I create for my 'F-111 Pig HUD' panel .

Again my sincere thanks .

Cheers
    Karol

Quote Originally Posted by COBS View Post
    Hi Lawrence

Thank you for the wonderful RAAF airbases that you have done , very much appreciated .

A special thanks for RAAF Amberley (YAMB) , I've had it installed for a while now , it's absolutely magnificent .
    Looking forward to the V2 version .

I had been after a Amberley scenery for many years , fortunately I stumbled across your release , and when
    I installed it I was far more than pleased .
    I had done a F-111 AI activity boost package based out of YAMB , also I use YAMB frequently to test and calibrate
    instruments that I create for my 'F-111 Pig HUD' panel .

Again my sincere thanks .

Cheers
    Karol

You're quite welcome, don't know why I get stuck doing Military airports!

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    I live about 10 miles from Pearce/Bullsbrook - this scenery seems to capture the field and surrounds very well. Well done.

If you have any photo's or part photo's of any buildings please send them to me, not much online that I can find, and don't wish to watch hour's and hours of You-tube videos of the base to get (like Pearce) 4 buildings lol.

Here is a look at how Wagga photo real is coming along
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wagga02.jpg   Wagga05.jpg   Wagga04.jpg   Wagga03.jpg  

I know I am replying to a Very old Thread, but is there any update on your Beautiful RAAF Bases? I am Especially interested in the Amberley V2!

-Woog

Members who have read this thread: 0