FTX Central 3 and new website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTX Central 3 and new website

FTX Central 3 and new website

FTX has a new website and Today/Tomorrow they will release FTX Central 3 (You need just loging here, not for FSS store)

https://orbxdirect.com/

Manual:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...by-step-guide/
    FAQ: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...3-offical-faq/

The old installer will be supported but for limited period.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Take your time and follow instructions and
    no problems.I like it.

Anthin...

This right here sucks:

Q20 For whatever reason (PC crash, new version of P3D, new PC build, OS re-install), I am re-installing all or some of my Orbx addons. Will I need to re-download them all from OrbxDirect using FTXCv3, or can I use my backed up old-style FSS installers again? A20 If you have NOT yet transferred your FSS licenses to Orbx, you can still use your archived FSS installers. If you HAVE transferred your licenses the FSS installers will no longer work and you will need to re-download all the Orbx products from our CDN or direct server again.

I really despise these 'automatic' installers. And I am not happy with the consolidated approach that they have implemented. I use multiple scenery.cfg files that only activate the areas that I will be flying in. Even now, every time I use FTX Central it re-enters into the current scenery.cfg file ALL the FTX stuff I have installed. I then have to go through and either disable or delete all the entries that do not apply to my current flight(s). If I am flying in Europe I disable all the AU and NA entries. Flying in the US, all EU and AU entries are disabled. having to do this each time I run FTX Central is a royal PITA!

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Hello Paul,

It seems that you would find simulator configuration software very useful.
    The Scenery Config Editor would let you save and load scenery library configurations.
    There are payware solutions also, SimStarter seems to be a popular one which allows
    you to save other settings as profiles also.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBaron View Post
    This right here sucks:

Q20 For whatever reason (PC crash, new version of P3D, new PC build, OS re-install), I am re-installing all or some of my Orbx addons. Will I need to re-download them all from OrbxDirect using FTXCv3, or can I use my backed up old-style FSS installers again? A20 If you have NOT yet transferred your FSS licenses to Orbx, you can still use your archived FSS installers. If you HAVE transferred your licenses the FSS installers will no longer work and you will need to re-download all the Orbx products from our CDN or direct server again.
    Oh my! I have quite a few FSS purchases and will fall into this category. So, the FSS installers will eventually no longer work, if I understand the above correctly or is is just an optional change to streamline? Sorry, I would have just gone on fat, dumb and happy without ever knowing about the above. Since I see Nick is already replying, apologies in advance for the confused look on my virtual face but just want to ensure I know the way ahead.

@Paul, thanks for posting. I rarely go the the Orbx website unless something new is released that tackles my interest.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

You have two choices, as I understand it.

You can simply leave everything alone.
    Good point is that if you need to re-install any locally archived FSS installers on your PC will work.
    Bad point, product updates will not be available and you can't buy any more Orbx products from the FSS.

If you elect to transfer your licences to Orbx Direct, your locally archived installers will still work
    unless you have removed their registry entries, for example by a clean re-install of your operating system.
    If you have removed the registry entries, then you will have to download and re-install the products via FTX Central v3.

However, all product updates will be available to you and will automatically be applied via FTX Central v3.
    You can also buy any more Orbx products whenever you wish to.
    Regards,
    Nick

Having a real problem with the ftx3 installer. Got it to work, after norton antivirus initially kept removing it as a virus. Showed it to be a new file, low users and a virus. Found a way to "trust" the installer file, and it did download, ran the program, installed ver 3, accepted license transfer, license transfer complete, shows up in ftx central 3, downloaded new libraries, complete, rebooted computer, re-initialiized nortorn anti virus and all was well, until I tried to run ftx central 3, program started, and then froze, windows dialog box said program would not run and windows would let me know if a solution was found. Tried deleting installer and addional files, rebooted program will not run. Any thoughts?
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Thanks Nick. I will certainly look at converting the licenses from FSS to Orbx, for sake of being all in one spot. Luckily I have great download speeds here.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Guess I'm lucky in that I have a bare minimum of Orbx products (4 regions_not installed, 4 airports_not installed and then FTX Global, Vector LC, EU_LC and Canada/Alaska LC_all installed). Installation for FTX Central 3 took all of about 30 seconds including migration. Back in business. All my Orbx products are from FSS but I don't see it as much of a problem. . .happy with what's installed, probably won't go any further with additional products.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Got the Central V3 sorted out, Norton was removing it as a part of a virus. Once that was fixed program installed and transferred licenses as per instructions. I am not so sure about the combined lc as now most of my aircraft are put on the grass just before the runway. Have to check more, but these are not saved flights. They are new flights, also wondered if this new lc replaces all the very detailed lc from other software installs.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker

I have OpenLC NA and OpenLC Alaska in FSS. But only OpenLC NA migrated to my OrbxDirect Account and LC Alaska didn´t show up in FTX Central V3 (All other packages migrated ok). I imagine that LC Alaska is included in LC NA, correct? Can you guys that had both this packages in FSS check if only LC NA migrated to the new interface too? Thanks in advance
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Yes, it's incuded in whole LC of NA now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks YoYo
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Having a real problem with the ftx3 installer. Got it to work, after norton antivirus initially kept removing it as a virus. Showed it to be a new file, low users and a virus. Found a way to "trust" the installer file, and it did download, ran the program, installed ver 3, accepted license transfer, license transfer complete, shows up in ftx central 3, downloaded new libraries, complete, rebooted computer, re-initialiized nortorn anti virus and all was well, until I tried to run ftx central 3, program started, and then froze, windows dialog box said program would not run and windows would let me know if a solution was found. Tried deleting installer and addional files, rebooted program will not run. Any thoughts?
    I have the exact same problem from the same installation fail and work around the anti-virus software. "FTX Central has stopped working" Working through their support forum to get it resolved. So far nothing has fixed the problem. A new installation of FTX Central 3 will not run.

Of course, FTX Central v2 will not launch.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Got the Central V3 sorted out, Norton was removing it as a part of a virus. Once that was fixed program installed and transferred licenses as per instructions. I am not so sure about the combined lc as now most of my aircraft are put on the grass just before the runway. Have to check more, but these are not saved flights. They are new flights, also wondered if this new lc replaces all the very detailed lc from other software installs.
    Hello dharris, what did you change in Norton that fixed the install? I am wondering if there is something in Norton I am not turning off that's preventing the installation.

thx,

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

On the Orbx forum's they told me to exclude the whole %localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral directory, I did that and was able to install, but auto protect came on after reboot and removed the files, again. Went into Norton and checked security history, found the file it said was a virus, clicked on options for that file and clicked on restore and exclude this file. Norton restored the files and put it in the exclude, so it won't "see" it anymore. Sent the "problem" file to norton to validate, maybe they will update their insight program. For now everything is working, except on starting a file at the beginning of a runway, it puts the aircraft back about twenty feet in the grass. Other than that it is working and migrated my licenses and upgrade any files, like library files and some scenery files. So far so good, if you have more problems log on to Orbx forum, they were very helpful, but you may need to do a little troubleshooting on your own. In all the year I have been using norton this was the first time it ever gave me a problem. Not bad for twenty some years. Good Luck
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

You need to adjust your insertion points, that is where FTX stuff is in the scenery library. It should be under everyone elses scenery; ie Aerosoft or Misty moorings etc. Open FTX Central click on settings ( the little gear bottom left ), and adjust where the FTX stuff is.
    Sue

I upgraded to FTX Central 3 with no issues. Installation was done in seconds, and even the migration went smooth and fast.

Updating some airports now, which seems to go a bit slow, but maybe it is downloading the complete scenery file.

Will do some flying n the morning to see some actual in flight results
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    You need to adjust your insertion points, that is where FTX stuff is in the scenery library. It should be under everyone elses scenery; ie Aerosoft or Misty moorings etc. Open FTX Central click on settings ( the little gear bottom left ), and adjust where the FTX stuff is.
    Sue
    Just tried this, and none of the other sceneries from other vendors show up, only the default fsx sceneries. I chose addon scenery, will try flights later and see if it works.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

What I'm finding really irritating right now is downloading my regional purchases (and some airports) from FSS only to find that when I go to unzip them either the executable or one of the related files has a bad CRC and the whole thing has to be downloaded over again. If these were small files it wouldn't be as bad, but a gig or more. . .ughh.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Trying different insertion points in Central, flights start where they are supposed to. I am finding custom airports, my favorite being the one by LCSims for Martinsburg W.V. with w>V. 10 M mesh. That airport no longer shows up, just the crappy stock one. I am going to check other custom locations, but I want to know if there is a way to suspend the effects of Central v3 without uninstalling all orbx scenery. This is getting aggravating. If it is a case of deleting orbx so I can keep all the lcsims products, which there are many fine airports and fine mesh or going with crapy default airports, then there is not much choice. Can all this be rolled back or would I have to restore a back up of the whole fsx system?
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

I don't know if rolling back to Central 2 is now possible, especially if you've already transferred your Orbx licences from FSS to Orbxdirect.

But I have lots of third party airports and scenery, and there's been no change that I can see from Central2. It sounds like you haven't moved
    all the third party items you want to show above your selected insertion point in your scenery library.

Check in your scenery library to make sure your Orbx and OpenLC sceneries are inserting where you told them to, and not at the top of the
    scenery library. Then if there's any third party sceneries still below Orbx and OpemLC in your library that you don't want Orbx and OpenLC to
    overwrite, you're going to have to manually move them up over that chosen insertion point.

One new thing I like about Central 3 is that opening it no longer re-ticks any unticked Orbx scenery in the scenery library. So now I don't
    have to reset my FS Scenery Config Editor every time I open Central 3 to see if there's any new updates.

Hope that helps - Rob

default airports still in view. On insertion points, I have the following listed in central 3 top of the scenery library,addon scenery, then FTX and after that all the default scenery. I tried choosing addon scenery, no change, tried ftx no joy. Going into scenery library from fsx, when it first opens addon scenery is listed and then all the ftx scenery and then default. If I clik on addon scenery then all the custom scenery opens. I had to do a restore on scenery cfg. as the one in the fsx directory was changed to the original file. This looks hosed to me
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

The only thing I can think of trying that's relatively simple, pick one of the third party sceneries or airports that's not working,
    go into your scenery library, make sure the scenery is above the Orbx entries, then untick that item's box in the scenery library,
    click the OK button at the bottom of the library, and let it build (might take some minutes). Once that's done, retick the box again,
    click the OK button again, and let the scenery library rebuild again. Then start FSX, take a flight to that scenery, and see if that
    unticking/reticking the boxes in the scenery library has manged to rebuild the missing scenery.

If things are still messed up, you might have to re-install that missing third party scenery, or wait and see if someone else here
    has another suggestion.

I'm just suggesting one scenery for now, since I don't know if this will have any effect.

Hope that helps - Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The only thing I can think of trying that's relatively simple, pick one of the third party sceneries or airports that's not working,
    go into your scenery library, make sure the scenery is above the Orbx entries, then untick that item's box in the scenery library,
    click the OK button at the bottom of the library, and let it build (might take some minutes). Once that's done, retick the box again,
    click the OK button again, and let the scenery library rebuild again. Then start FSX, take a flight to that scenery, and see if that
    unticking/reticking the boxes in the scenery library has manged to rebuild the missing scenery.

If things are still messed up, you might have to re-install that missing third party scenery, or wait and see if someone else here
    has another suggestion.

I'm just suggesting one scenery for now, since I don't know if this will have any effect.

Hope that helps - Rob
    I am sure glad this new ORBX program is supposed to make everything easier to install.

So far for me it has been a pain in the rear. Support is also very slow due to the number of people having problems.

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0