Milviz Huey Redux Released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Huey Redux Released!

So you are not going to reply about the eagerly awaitd Beaver then!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    So you are not going to reply about the eagerly awaitd Beaver then!!!!!!

Cheers Chris
    See their Facebook page for a full list of updates. 20 projects status in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    See their Facebook page for a full list of updates. 20 projects status in one post.
    What H said or visit the developer's forums where they make their official statements instead of hoping for 3rd party community forum to inform you on updates

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    Thank you Storm. After looking carefully at this, we don't believe there is anything wrong with the rotor animation in the model.
    But there are 3 different people's videos and all of them show the bad rotor animation. So all 3 different persons computers are the reason for the stutters. Ahh I see but I don't understand.

So why not post a video from your own computer with a number of external shots of 10 seconds and longer and if there is no stuttering I will buy, but I am pretty sure that will show up even in a video you or chuck make

So please convince me it is people's computers that is not up to scratch to handle animations and not a model problem.

It really does not have to be edited. Just a quick video to show animation is 100%

You need to keep in mind that stuff looks very different in FS than on a captured film from FS. A great bunch of factors which can make animations looks awful. FSX is designed for sim flying and not to look good in a video captured by a 3rd party program..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I have the original Huey and just did a quick video test using Microsoft Expressions/Encoder. Rotation in the Sim was smooth, very easy to see that there was nothing out of the ordinary as far as hesitations, stutters or anything that resulted in a less than normal rotor animation. I ran a 20sec video, encoded it for normal default video viewing and the result was very similar to the video that SW has a problem with. The rotor animation showed the same effect as that seen in the offending video by Storm. Granted I don't have the redux version, but the fact that the recording process had a very similar effect on what was a very normal appearing animation seems to lend credence to the fact that it is very probably just something in the video recording process.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just to clarify, I use FRAPS and record direct during the flight and do not use FSX replay (or any other method) to feed the recording loop. Also, my FRAPS settings are for 60FPS, Loop Buffer Length: 30 Seconds and Split movie every 4 GB. I have my suspicions that there's an issue with the settings which is causing the issue and it seems to have been made a bit worse during my editing of the raw video files. I'm still researching what the culprit is behind the issue but in my regular flights, everything with the Huey looks fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What H said or visit the developer's forums where they make their official statements instead of hoping for 3rd party community forum to inform you on updates

Jeansy.

I thank you for your advice over the Milviz Beaver,however at the age of 78, I do not have facebook, social media does not figure large with a single ex serviceman of my age.
    I have indeed been on the website, but the beaver does not even show as one of their products,and the last question on the forum was" is the beaver in beta yet" and that never received a reply,so I gave up.
    As milviz has announced their Redux Huey here on SOH I was hoping for a reply to my query.I thought a forum was a group of like thinking people trying to help one another.I was obviously wrong.
    Cheers Chris

Jeansy.

I thank you for your advice over the Milviz Beaver,however at the age of 78, I do not have facebook, social media does not figure large with a single ex serviceman of my age.
    I have indeed been on the website, but the beaver does not even show as one of their products,and the last question on the forum was" is the beaver in beta yet" and that never received a reply,so I gave up.
    As milviz has announced their Redux Huey here on SOH I was hoping for a reply to my query.I thought a forum was a group of like thinking people trying to help one another.I was obviously wrong.
    Cheers Chris
    I have a real love/hate relationship with Facebook. Therefore I only do aviation and sim related posts, shares, and friends. No politics or even family drama. Lots of good uses for Facebook. My 87 year old mother-in-law uses it to keep up with family.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Just to clarify, I use FRAPS and record direct during the flight and do not use FSX replay (or any other method) to feed the recording loop. Also, my FRAPS settings are for 60FPS, Loop Buffer Length: 30 Seconds and Split movie every 4 GB. I have my suspicions that there's an issue with the settings which is causing the issue and it seems to have been made a bit worse during my editing of the raw video files. I'm still researching what the culprit is behind the issue but in my regular flights, everything with the Huey looks fine.
    All good, but why does other helicopter's videos then not show these terrible stutters. I can only presume that the redux version is not that frame rate friendly then. Still for me it is funny that other people's videos also show stuttering of rotor animation badly. So I am not dishing your video, equipment or methods for creating videos, but it seem consistent over many other peoples videos, surely not all making the same video recording error.

Still would like to buy this, but I am so in two minds.

Jeansy.

Cheers Chris
    Dont feel alone. I am youngster compared to your age and I also do not use facebook. Some of us just are not into the social media thing.
    and I will never be forced to create facebook account just to get news from developers. There are enough other places to get news and updates, and yes you are correct this is supposed to be a gathering place of like minded people and any question can be asked and people need to be considerate to think before answering.

Here is the Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the Navy Rescue Trainer.

The Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the SAR NAS Fallon

Last edited by stovall; November 5th, 2016 at 10:19. Reason: Add Picture
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    ...I will never be forced to create facebook account just to get news from developers.
    You don't need a Facebook account "...to get news from developers."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

anyone have the GTN 750 in the VC...?
    A screen shot would be nice also Please

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    All good, but why does other helicopter's videos then not show these terrible stutters. I can only presume that the redux version is not that frame rate friendly then. Still for me it is funny that other people's videos also show stuttering of rotor animation badly. So I am not dishing your video, equipment or methods for creating videos, but it seem consistent over many other peoples videos, surely not all making the same video recording error.

Still would like to buy this, but I am so in two minds.
    Again, the issue seems to be related to the use of recording & editing software. For me the model runs super smooth in sim and I get a solid locked 32 FPS with no issues or stuttering. Believe me when I say this, the issue with recording stutters is being looked into and will hopefully be isolated and solved in due time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Again, the issue seems to be related to the use of recording & editing software. For me the model runs super smooth in sim and I get a solid locked 32 FPS with no issues or stuttering. Believe me when I say this, the issue with recording stutters is being looked into and will hopefully be isolated and solved in due time.
    Exactly, don't you think SW that if the animation looked as bad in the Sim as it did in some of the videos, that people would be screaming about it here? What it looks like in someones video shouldn't even be an issue. I believe the developers or those directly involved in this venture have stated that it looks very normal in the Sim. It's your choice to buy or not of course. . .it's your money, but if it doesn't suit you, get a refund.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I made (and soon after deleted) an extensive post explaining that it seems the culprit of the rotor animation jumping issue emanated from MS Movie Maker editing as both the raw and compressed FRAPS video clips are clean of the animation jumping issue. However, when I uploaded one of the compressed video file segments to Youtube to show the difference between the original upload (which the later was edited in MS Movie Maker), after about 3 or 4 plays of the video, the same issue appeared again after undergoing Youtube's upload process. I'm stumped! I have a feeling that there's something with both the MS Movie Maker and Youtube that doesn't like some variations of animated 3D software.

I can assure that the sim experience with the Huey is fine but I'm at a loss on what's causing the issue in processed/edited video files.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking at rendered animations on a video card and video as much the same thing on screen helps to visualize what's going on behind the scene, a series of still images are run in succession at a given rate of speed .

In order to compress a video the rate of speed is also reduced and is no longer running the same sequence at its original speed , IE if recorded at 25 fps and compressed to 18 there will be artefacts in the rendering where the compressed file is going to jump over a frame or two and create a situation where the image sequence lines up the rendered elements and you see a static image of the moving part.

The Beaver is having its sound set completed this week , the FDE was delivered and the cockpit is animated and all working , Night lighting and additional radio options are next , it should see Beta testing begin by months end .

Best CJ

Great news.Thank you.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Here is the Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the Navy Rescue Trainer.

The Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the SAR NAS Fallon
    Now you got my attention.

The Milviz UH-1H Huey in the colors of the California Department of Forestry's Cal Fire.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

So....did anyone figure out if the $50 thing was the "intro" sale price or if that was just set up on the website as what it is?

Reason I ask is because some people will buy it now, rather than later. (including me and at least one buddy I fly with, if the $50 thing is not the sale price).

I am trying to get my helo buddies to fly something other than the 530 or 407. But, if I can give clarification, they may bite on the Huey.

Hi Tom,
    Are there any download links to those 2 paints ?

Colin

WIP Hellenic Army Paints:

The second is from the Bosnia detachment in the 90's. The rotors and details need to be done and maybe also the shine reduced. I will also do a Hellenic Air Force SAR version.

Members who have read this thread: 0