Milviz Huey Redux Released!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Huey Redux Released!

Milviz Huey Redux Released!

The Huey is available now at http://www.milviz.com - and is on sale (for a limited time) for direct purchasers!

This is a complete rebuild from the ground up of the original 2009 Milviz/ND version. Models and textures updated to modern standards. All new and authentic systems, flight dynamics, sound, and the C model is tacpack ready with 7.62 miniguns and 7.25 rockets.

Here's a video (I had posted this link earlier with the head's up post): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0wlMvpvZ4

You can hear the realistic sound set and see some of the features...accurate auto-rotation and VRS, weapons, and more.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Thanks!
    Dutch

Good job Dutch! CRG.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. I always like this movie:

I used in this addon (Nam'68) old MV/ND model but the new will work also.
    I saw refreshed missions for P3D too.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Be nice if those of us who bought the Milviz/Nemeth Huey got a discount on the redux.
    Sue

Matt..

Is that one of your old paints on the new model or a new paint? Wondering if the old paints will fit

ATB
    DaveB

No dave its a new one I did last month for the release package

old paints for the H will fit however the paint cfg and texture names will have to be changed to suit new model and the C paints require modification as its different modeling

Thanks for that mate

ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Be nice if those of us who bought the Milviz/Nemeth Huey got a discount on the redux.
    Sue
    Hear, hear!

Does this use the same start programming as their MD-530?

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    IMO, it's more refined, very straightforward/painless.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ready to fly option is also included for those not liking start procedures, but also C&D for those who do. I must say that the most I enjoy with this one are the autorotations. Lots of fun when they are not real ones...

I will be making some Greek repaints soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Sue
    From his FB:
    "There's an upgrade path for those who bought the old one direct from us. For others, sorry but there's no way for us to prove you did buy it and keep it legal. Sorry."

It's a shame but that counts me out. I can't afford to throw $49.99 at another version of the same Huey model I already own. Don't want to be derogatory about the screenshots but it 'looks' little different to the ND/MV release and that's a lot of money for a more refined flight model with TacPack.

I can, however, wait until it eventually appears in a sale. Wonder if I'll be tempted though..
    ATB
    DaveB

No, the start procedure on this Huey is precisely the authentic start procedure used in every single-engine Huey in the world. Nothing to do with the 530 or any other Helicopter, except by coincidence.

There's an option so that you can come into it 'ready to fly' but if that's not checked, you do it the way it's really done.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post

All this new stuff from Milviz but no news on the looong awaited Beaver!!!!

Cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    and is on sale (for a limited time) for direct purchasers!
    I just took a look and it is listed as $49.99 USD with no mention of a sale. Did I miss it?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

If you did, I did too. I even added to basket earlier to see if the basket price was reduced but it remained at $49.99. Looks like this IS the sale price

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If you did, I did too. I even added to basket earlier to see if the basket price was reduced but it remained at $49.99. Looks like this IS the sale price
    ATB
    DaveB
    Yea, for that I stayed with my original. I tend to simply fly Heli's and not wring them out. The original is just fine for my taste.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Video of me having fun with the new Huey:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Mqh8OJLKk
    Geesh what is going on with the rotor animations. from 1:50 onwards.. that looks pretty disfunctional

obviously a new chapter in excellence.

edit -
    searched more to see if it is stormILM's computer related, but so far it seems to be heli related
    Even in this other video the rotor animation can be seen as dreadful. look at 10:50 on-wards it quickly show external shot also.
    there is no way it deserve as $49 price tag. Flight dynamics might have been improved, but I have seen freeware rotor animation being done wayyyy better.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQpwfdW64c

even here it look like having the hickups
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSbEHu_OScQ

I see that. We'll get the rotor animation looked at post- haste. Thanks for reporting that.

Dutch

After having seen the video’s in Snow Whites less than spotless assessment of the animations I noted that in any and all instances the screen seems to freeze , road traffic and all background stops being updated , this look like “ Stutter “ and is not an animation issue with the Heli .

Milviz has always offered clients their moneys worth or their money back , if you personally see this in game you have an issue and good reason to complain but as its a video artefact and framerate related I cant see the issue here testing this , one of the Vids was the Bell 407 and not even the Huey .

Best CJ

Somewhere during the video recording/processing, the rotor animation ending up looking far different from what it normally does (very smooth and normal) in the Sim on my PC. IMO there's nothing serious amiss with the rotor animation but perhaps there's an issue when recording/playback? I have seen this issue with other models when trying to record and I'm not completely sure if its an issue with certain model's and their animations having a glitch/conflict with the recording/processing software or not while other models record/playback just fine.

(Edit) I just flew the Huey again without any other software running an no stutters, no issues with the rotor animation. I also ran FSX without shutting down programs/processes which I normally do to ensure more smoothness/less stutters. Even with extra processes running, rotor animation and general fluidity was excellent with the Huey. I need to test/research why the issue occurred and hopefully isolate it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Storm. After looking carefully at this, we don't believe there is anything wrong with the rotor animation in the model.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Somewhere during the video recording/processing, the rotor animation ending up looking far different from what it normally does (very smooth and normal) in the Sim on my PC. IMO there's nothing serious amiss with the rotor animation but perhaps there's an issue when recording/playback? I have seen this issue with other models when trying to record and I'm not completely sure if its an issue with certain model's and their animations having a glitch/conflict with the recording/processing software or not while other models record/playback just fine.

(Edit) I just flew the Huey again without any other software running an no stutters, no issues with the rotor animation. I also ran FSX without shutting down programs/processes which I normally do to ensure more smoothness/less stutters. Even with extra processes running, rotor animation and general fluidity was excellent with the Huey. I need to test/research why the issue occurred and hopefully isolate it.

Members who have read this thread: 0