Milviz Huey Redux Released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Milviz Huey Redux Released!

Found the old paintkit to the Nemeth release and it works without problems.

This is a premium model and I was very amazed to see the choice of crew figures.. The pilot itself looks ok, but the co-pilot and soldiers back in the rear carry modern equipment (5.11 MOLLE plate carrier with a M9 Berretta side arm and chemlights all over the chest) None of these items were in service during the Vietnam war (chemlights were not "invented" before the mid 70's) and the Berreta did not enter US service before 1990! For a package with textures which are from the Vietnam time period, this is sort of a big deal for me when you look at the model.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I have been reading about the US Navy naval special warfare helicopter squadrons and there are a lot of interesting history with the lineage from Helicopter Attack (light) Squadron 3 in Vietnam and its descendants. When reading about HCS-4 and 5 I was a bit amazed to find out that both units when they were called HA(L)-4/5 probably were the last units in the US military to fly the short cabin Bell UH-1 into 1990 as gunships (possible NG units flying the UH-1M at this time, but not in an active role to my knowledge).

Both units were activated in 1976/77 after the US Navy first had disbanded HA(L)-3 of Vietnam fame just a few years earlier and used the Navy specific HH-1K Huey (Charlie with more power and different avionics.
    Albeit officially reserve units they had a rather active role supporting the SEALS and other units worldwide. Even cold Norway was visited by HA(L)-4 in 1989 for the NATO “Cold winter” exercise (most likely supporting SEAL teams out of Evenes).

The HH-1K’s got a new matt dark green paint scheme and had low visible black decals all over (some typical navy decals as the “jet intake” warning and rescue arrow on the door), even the rotors were painted matt. They had the full M21 armament system with both LAU-68 pods and miniguns+ flexible M60s. Pictures shows that fast-roping was done from the hoist, even with the full M21 kit. The Milviz C-model fits the HH-1K very well, really only the door guns which are missing.

HH-1K, 157194 “207” of HA(L)-4, 1989.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    The Milviz UH-1H Huey in the colors of the California Department of Forestry's Cal Fire.

Stovall was this paint ever released? Just picked up this fine helicopter

tankerguy72, you can download HERE!!!! Enjoy.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

@ Dimus : Do you think a Hellenic Navy repaint would be viable (AB 205 Navy) also ?...

This is a Knox class frigate (from SOH library) and not a Standard frigate like F-461 is, but there are many similarities.

Hoist cable works fine with the Huey and is really hard to use it properly...

My Military Flight Videos :

Nice video and action there xpelekis! The actual hoist is different in the HAF SAR 205s but anyway, if it works.

I'm afraid that the Hellenic Navy birds are twin engined 212s so a lot of differences from the 205. I don't think I'll venture a repaint.

Air America

Did someone make an Air America repaint?

Have to ask, which dev has the better version of the Huey, Neimeth or Milviz?
    I see Neimeth makes one. but looks to be for just FSX. I use P3d V 3.4

Nemeth and milivz made the original huey in a partnership, when nemeth folded in 2014, milviz bought back complete ownership

the first one was designed and model by milviz then nemeth did the fde, and is somewhat basic,

the redux version is a complete overhaul of the huey

May I add that it is also TacPacked and can fire rockets and miniguns.

This Package was recently updated to support P3Dv4 and there were a couple of items from the MV support forum that were rectified at the same time.

Best CJ

Members who have read this thread: 0