Milviz Huey Redux Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Huey Redux Released!

Finally figured out the spec map and the location of the rotor textures. The Army ones are ready, nice and drab:

The HAF SAR version is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    WIP Hellenic Army Paints:

The second is from the Bosnia detachment in the 90's. The rotors and details need to be done and maybe also the shine reduced. I will also do a Hellenic Air Force SAR version.
    Nice! Probably Kosovo and not Bosnia judging from the KFOR little on the door and probably after 2000 (NATO entered Kosovo in the summer of 1999). The NATO forces in Bosnia used first the IFOR and later SFOR acronym.

Been there got the T-shirt :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

You're right Jens. It's Kosovo and the Hueys were mobilized in 2003. Thanks for that!

I had a nice trip down to Thessaloniki when I was there :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Just uploaded three repaints of the Milviz UH-1H Huey Redux in the colors of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Navy NAS Fallon and CalFire

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

One more picture I was unable to put in the previous post. This is the CalFire Milviz Huey Redux helicopter.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Great looking paints Tom!

Meanwhile, I'm almost ready with the basic painting of the Hellenic Air Force SAR version (now replaced by Super Pumas, but still serving when I was serving). I need to work on details and some dirt touchups.

Great looking paints Tom!

Meanwhile, I'm almost ready with the basic painting of the Hellenic Air Force SAR version (now replaced by Super Pumas, but still serving when I was serving). I need to work on details and some dirt touchups.

Great work!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thanks Zsolt!

I finally managed to locate all those little spots like antennae, light housings etc that needed painting and also added a light layer of dirt, as the HAF kept them quite clean. Finally I added a black panel. There are many differences with the AB205 SAR version both externally and internally (hoist, flotation bags, wire cutters, antennae, engine area gills etc.) but this is the best Huey there is...

I'll do some final checks before packing up and uploading, probably tomorrow.

Check out this dancing act at Elefsis, with the VIP 212 in 2008 (photo by Dinos Krassas):

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5126412569_312bd4a919_b.jpg  

For the huey redux

The Greek paints have been uploaded to the library as a pack.

Fantastic paints gentlemen... and ya have to love that teethy easyrider

this was a Air America done for Areosofts Huey... would love to see something like her on the Milviz one

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N205AA.jpg  

Is there a clean c model included in the pack?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Is there a clean c model included in the pack?
    Yes! C/H

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

The weapons are selectable Jens. You can configure stuff like weapons, doors on or off, hoist and crew members at various locations.

The Greek paints have been uploaded to the library as a pack.
    Great looking repaints Dimus!

Great job Matt, one of my favs, love teeth!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

That Air America repaint would be great. Note, from pictures I have gathered, there seemd to be a few variants. The older paint schemes were blue and white, on some later model Hueys later in the confict they seemed to have omitted the white paint and left the former white part in a natural aluminum finish. Like the PC6 Turbo porter. I think we will have to wait until the new paint kit comes out to make use of the spec maps.

Some images I have collected of AA Hueys are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6gndqiq6h...pQSO5lFja?dl=0

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Great looking paints for that old workhorse of a chopper!
    When I was at Yuma with VMFAT-401, I was working on a Kfir next to the taxiway leading from our flightline, as well as the SAR hangar, when I heard the SAR chopper fire up. A Huey that had been at Yuma, seemingly forever. They got going, lifted, and came down the Taxiway towords the runway. Apparently, and we discovered later the story, this was a for-real rescue mission. Anyway, instead of a nice, sedate, hover-taxi to the runway for take-off, he gave it the gun as soon as he lifted, and came down the taxiway at many knots per, nose way low, the blades looking like they were only a couple feet off the concrete. Right towords ME! Scared the heck outta me. I thought for sure I was going to get a blade tip in the neck. I jumped off the wing I was working up on, and rolled under the bird as fast as I could. The SAR bird roared by, turned onto the runway, and started climbing, still going full bore.
    I just laid there and shook for a while. We found out the story later. Nasty bit of business. F/A-18 with VMFA-333 ran his wingtip through his wingy's canopy, and took his head off...
    ANYWAY. The whole point is, I got a real good look at the bottom of the SAR bird as it went by, and I noticed something you seem to have left off your two Navy SAR birds. Apparently, and once I thought about it, I seem to recall all the Navy birds of that era had it, on the bottom of the bird were big, block letters saying ABANDON CHUTE. A gentle reminder to pilots in the water they were going after, I guess
    I didn't see that on you repaints, so I thought I might say something. Other than that, they look really good. Especially the faded paint on the ol' reliable SAR birds.
    Keep em coming
    Pat☺

PhantomTweak, you are correct, station SAR birds like the Yuma or Fallon HH-1N's would have that on the belly. The repaint depicts training squadron (HT) colors for B/C models that were used prior to the JetRanger (TH-57) coming along.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    For the huey redux

Have been checking OZx site daily for this one Jeansy... I hope "Easy Rider" is still going to be avilable

Im Sorry another paint I forgot about

download link> http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...hc-easy-rider/

Oh ya... a favorite for me

Thank you jeansy for this one

DC

Hi,

i finally got it as a xmas present to myself :-) really a superb model. Has there been released a paintkit? I cannot find one.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Hi,

i finally got it as a xmas present to myself :-) really a superb model. Has there been released a paintkit? I cannot find one.
    no there hasnt been a paintkit release for the new version

Members who have read this thread: 0