In the works - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In the works

These are going to be great!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I do like how you're getting the hang of bump mapping. Most impressive.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks Tom, regards bump mapping, yea some ideas work some don't, I'll keep pushing it!

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020

Ranging using the MGs only on the Beaufighter

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Seems if I read correctly that the merlin engined planes were nasty during takeoff with significant prop torque. I will try to model this. It was stated that conversion to mossies from the beau - the veteran mossie folks were quoted saying if the merlin beau pilots can live using that plane they are ready to fly the mossie. We will see what I can do.
    Gidday, In terms of the beaufighters, I was thinking that they might be a useful aircraft to use the "FireGunsOnly" option that is available. (eg in the xca files, the keycommands, etc)

I read somewhere that heavy fighters like this sometimes used their MGs as a kind of "ranging" technique before opening up on their target with the cannons.

To be able to use the "FireGunsOnly" command, is there anything needed in the way the model is set up, or in the way gunstations are compiled in the xdp, to be able to execute this command?

I find the "FireCannonsOnly" a useful button on my joystick, but I would happily assign "FireGunsOnly" to another button on the joystick.

love the looks of these birds

Fire Guns = Shift + Spacebar
    Fire Cannons = Ctrl + Spacebar
    Fire Both = Spacebar

The assigned weapons just need to have the correct designation for them to fire separately.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks, MajorMagee, I just wanted to check that the guns would be set up separately but sounds like its not an issue.

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    I believe in the dark the Beaus just opened up so's to take advantage of the limited time they had before their muzzle flash gave away their position... (?)
    Also whaddya s'pose the main reason for Beaus bein' slower'n Mossies wuz?

Probably their heavier structural weight and less powerful version of the Merlin Engines.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0