Help! When all became blurry...

Thread: Help! When all became blurry...

Help! When all became blurry...

My HDD 1TB was going to die, so I quickly installed a new one:SSD 480GB.
    I copied all Steam\steamapps\common\FSX and was necessary uninstall some big software as REX and other BIG games to save some space - The new drive have same name as the lost one

Also I deleted the C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\ Shaders, and tryed a new C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

But nothing changed to not have this: Blurry scenery and ugly water

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-10-23_17-43-23-427.jpg   2016-10-23_11-32-10-976.jpg  

Did you start over with the fsx.cfg or at least removed some added tweaks from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Did you start over with the fsx.cfg or at least removed some added tweaks from it?
    I removed all fsx.cfg added only [GRAPHICS] + [Trusted] entrance after rebuild

I don't know if I can be of any help, but the land textures look like FTX Global textures. If so, have you gone into FTX Central yet and let the "apply area" function run? If that doesn't work, you could try downloading the latest Orbx library file and install that. You could also try going into the FSX scenery library, clicking the "OK" button, waiting a few minutes, and letting that rebuild. If none of these work, and assuming those are FTX Global textures, then you might need to ask at the Orbx forums.

For the water textures, the easiest might be to just re-install REX if you haven't already done so. REX doesn't need to be on the same drive as FSX, you can put REX wherever is convenient, and point it towards the FSX.exe when you configure it.

Thanks - RobM

Yeah if you have ORBX scenery it may be an issue with the Migration process. There were a lot of complaints about blurry scenery after the migration process which intended to make all ORBX regions interact, and get rid of the need to switch between regions. The change of HD may have impacted it somehow.

I would suggest the following.

First, backup, then delete the entire FSX.cfg, Scenery.cfg, Shaders (and anything else that you know will be rebuilt).

Test it out like that.

If it seems fine test with the backed up Scenery.cfg (don't use the backed up FSX.cfg or shaders)

Run the Migration Troubleshooter found in your Sim/ORBX/Troubleshooter folder.

If there are any errors, reinstall products showing errors.

Also try the Force Migration feature in FTXCentral 2/Settings/Troubleshooting

Add your scenery back slowly once blurries have been eliminated.

Cheers,

Remove Your shaders.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for helps but nothing worked very well
    After testings also with default scenery/textures not working smoothly but with delay and strange stops, so I decided to take the long way: A clean installation

Members who have read this thread: 0