Massive cyber attach today!

Thread: Massive cyber attach today!

Exclamation Massive cyber attach today!

^ attack (fumbling fingers)?

All over the news today.

http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    How can I respond to this without sounding...errrrr....political?

Golly......what a surprise!

Gosh...what incredible timing!

And...what an incredible coincidence that my TOR Browser mysteriously disappeared from my OS...today...of all days! Wowwwwieeee!!!

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

With the use of electronic voting machines and transmitting the vote data by internet, it could very easily have political implications.

Other serious implications would be DoS attacks on financial institutions, government facilities, and public utilities. The internet is a wonderful tool and just like all other tools, it can be used for good or evil, it is up to the user to decide on how to use it.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    A Murdoch owned newspaper in Australia, "The Australian" is claiming it was instigated by WikiLeaks in revenge for cutting the internet to Julian Assange.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    I'll go give that one a read Pat. I'll assume all News Corp publications will run the same data.

I'll bet a dollar the blame will be put on Wikileaks and Putin.

Wikileaks is only a nexus point where hackers submit data. I doubt that they instigate cyberattacks, and I've seen no evidence yet that Assange is alive after the incident three days ago.

I'm sure Putin knows all about the cyberattack, but so does NSA and every other intelligence agency on the planet.
    Last edited by gman5250; October 22nd, 2016 at 08:59.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    They were all probably behind it or had prior knowledge of it.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    They were all probably behind it or had prior knowledge of it.
    Definitely a "fog of war" situation. It could be anyone...Anonymous, NSA, Gucifer2 (group)...anyone.
    I don't see it coming from Putin camp. Would invite the cyberattack that Biden threatened. That wouldn't make any sense. IMO

I always start with "Que Bono", but this one is still too muddy to get any real data.

There is one obvious camp with a motive...I'll keep that one to myself. Don't want to incite a riot. lol

Life certainly is not boring....
    Thomas Jefferson

This is exactly what Anonymous was threatening to do. They urged all other hackers to join in to bring down the "establishment" until Nov. 5.
    Matt

Blog Entries
    If they only went after these scum buds and give them life in prison it would stop
    .Instead they give them a job makin' 10 times what you and I make.
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumbaflappy View Post
    Wikileaks... not Wikipedia
    That's what happens when I post after (only) two hours of sleep...
    Of course, I meant WL.

Yesterday, WL sent out a Twitter asking their supporters to stop.
    https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Thomas Jefferson

I couldn't do a reply here yesterday.... maybe because of it. Said server was busy try again later. I say the DNC/Clinton did it to fire up Trump.

Other than that we had no problems in my part of Delaware.... internet comes out of Philly.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Members who have read this thread: 0