More MotoGP action!

Thread: More MotoGP action!

More MotoGP action!

I'm off to Philip Island next weekend, well actually that would be Wednesday afternoon.
    Might ride the KTM or maybe (just maybe) the modern day Triton Cafe Racer..........................

And FWIW, we have a new MotoGP World Champion as of today, a well earned title if ever there was one.

Out-Bloody-Standing!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firefox 2016-10-16 17-37-50-29.jpg  
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I had hoped to finish out my military career by being stationed in Germany and just spending every weekend at either a GP or WSBK race, but that's going to happen. Who owns the Triton?

Congrats to 93, really wanted the championship to come down to the very last race to finish an already crazy 2016 season.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Go there in style wombat on one of these,lol Has 470 hp, I mean what could go wrong!?!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motor...azy/ar-AAiQRi5

Eddie, I can't think off anything that could not go wrong! Bloody Hell, what were they thinking??

It's not a 'Real Triton', just my idea of what I would have liked to own back when I was very young!
    But it does have Triumph 'Triple' power sat in a 'Rickman' frame and all the nice little touches that make it into (IMHO) a 'Modern Classic'.
    If I was so inclined I could sell at least a dozen......but I'm not really interested.

However, I will probably ride this instead, despite the very high pucker factor.
    It tends to piss off the Ducati Owners Club lot (I'm a member BTW) when I park a 'foreigner' in the official bike parking bay.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Nice looking rides! I think the only place you would want to ride that bike with the Maserati engine in it would be the Bonnieville Salt Flats!!

I'm a DOC member and would be cool with a RC8 parked next to me, rare bike in these parts.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Had a 850 commando back in the day, sure wish I had it now. Traded it for a R90S...

I should explain how I (and my three old mates) get out hands on our 'interesting bikes'.
    Insurance companies write off bikes for the slightest amount of damage, especially if they are Italian!!
    We discovered that they are put up for auction and go for incredibly low money, so several years ago we bought up a few and used our combined skills to rebuild them.
    For example, an MV write off cost us around A$6000.00, after a few months of patient work and around AS4000.00 in parts (some sourced OS, some made up here) it fetched A$20,000.00.
    The Chinese can supply a huge array of parts at low prices, while a fairing for example will take more work to fit to say a Fireblade, than the 'Honda' OEM part, we get any style we want at around 70% less.
    It helps to have some idea of how to sell for the best price, I rode a rebuilt 'Casey Stoner' Fireblade special to Philip Island for Casey's last AGP, parked it in the 'Expo' tent, and had to hitch a ride home, albeit with a wad of $$$$!
    After I threw my RSV down (final turn at PI, front end lose!) it was great having our 'Hobby' resources to sew it back to good health.

JFTR, I did buy the KTM new, ostensibly as a 'Track Day Bike'.......... much to my partner's annoyance.
    I'll dig around for some photos of our rebuilds as a matter of interest.

Man has to have a hobby.

PS: We do the odd Porsche rebuild as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0