Rob Richardson Hawker Sea Hawk

Thread: Rob Richardson Hawker Sea Hawk

Rob Richardson Hawker Sea Hawk

Just downloaded this and wow this is as good as it gets especially as some one has given their time for free!
    Much appreciated Rob and let me say your models get better and better.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Just downloaded this and wow this is as good as it gets especially as some one has given their time for free!
    Much appreciated Rob and let me say your models get better and better.
    Mike
    How do you keep it from overspeeding at 350 kts?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    How do you keep it from overspeeding at 350 kts?
    Reduce throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Reduce throttle.
    Duh. My point is what is the max speed that this airplane should exceed threshold?

Same question. Posted top speed is 600 mph, about 520 knots. "Overspeed" comes on way too early.

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Same question. Posted top speed is 600 mph, about 520 knots. "Overspeed" comes on way too early.
    Do you mess up INDICATED (KIAS) with TRUE (KTAS) air speed? 520 KIAS (air drag speed) would rip apart every airframe. See the aircraft.cfg for reference speeds. "max_indicated_speed" indicates Vno, the INDICATED air speed (KIAS) on your ASI upon which the overspeed alarm will sound as the frame gets overstressed and WILL eventually fail.

Best, Christian

I think Rob has got the speeds about right. If you go up to altitudes of 20 - 30000 you see the airspeed warning figure getting higher as you climb. As the last post said 600 mph at sea level would pull the wings off!

The F-1 had a maximum speed of 599 mph "at sea Level". And, yes, I do have a vague understanding of TAS versus IAS.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    I think Rob has got the speeds about right. If you go up to altitudes of 20 - 30000 you see the airspeed warning figure getting higher as you climb. As the last post said 600 mph at sea level would pull the wings off!
    it will overspeed at 350 kts indicated at 3500 ft. Slower than a P-51.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    it will overspeed at 350 kts indicated at 3500 ft. Slower than a P-51.
    I think ( widely guess )that WW combat figures are closer to borders then peacetime-as it makes planes life longer if you do not stress it that much-and also thst the RR Nene would not want that too ( actually I think that is the limit )

my 2 cts

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by paulopp View Post
    Do you mess up INDICATED (KIAS) with TRUE (KTAS) air speed? 520 KIAS (air drag speed) would rip apart every airframe. See the aircraft.cfg for reference speeds. "max_indicated_speed" indicates Vno, the INDICATED air speed (KIAS) on your ASI upon which the overspeed alarm will sound as the frame gets overstressed and WILL eventually fail.

Best, Christian
    If you watch the daily motion video in the other seahawk thread, the pilot mentions flying this bird at 540 mph, which is approx 469 knots per hour. on that basis, I think this bird overspeeds way to early in P3D at least.

Members who have read this thread: 0