Monty's C-47 (1948) wip! - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Monty's C-47 (1948) wip!

Metal Reflection Test (scratches)

Testing metal scratches/buffing on the cowling as the sun reflects on the metal.

Before shot with no scratches on the cowling.

Video shows sun reflecting cowl scratches as it moves.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Man, I wish I had so much time and patience to make such textures. Most of my efforts don't go further than noise, motion blur and some levels editing and grayscale copies of the diffuse texture for a spec map.

^ Mostly learning the ins and outs of Photoshop which taking most of my time. When time permits... working continues on Monty's bird.

This particular fuel cap is on a German C-47.

Examples:
    Last edited by TuFun; April 16th, 2017 at 16:37.

Finished all the inner panels, next is to raise (bumps) them just a bit since they overlap somewhat. Refine the artwork on the radials too.

Oh come on, I haven't even finished counting the rivets in the other pictures yet!

Terriffic work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Oh come on, I haven't even finished counting the rivets in the other pictures yet!

Terriffic work!
    Oh! Flip it over... lots more there! Anyways stuff I did many months ago was crap. Can't believe I've been setting on PS for years and never really use it's potential. It was part of the software package used in college at that time interesting enough.

Well I'm not this good yet, hang out at the developers blog gives one pause though.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/352916-development-a-26b-51-the-king-of-attack-planes/

http://warthunder.com/en/news/4356-devblog-lockheed-b-34-hudson-s-bigger-brother-en/

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.p...racing-bomber/
    Last edited by TuFun; April 18th, 2017 at 19:33.

Went to a auto show with aircraft as a backdrop... heaven!!! As in the 7th Heaven C-47 and one bad a$$ Camaro!

Black on Black... nice! Not a Cobra...

Superb example... drove one like this two years for Del Monte.

Ted-

I an amazed by the quality of modeling in the forum you pointed to- wow! Being presently committed to the P3D ecosystem, I appreciate your ongoing work on Monty's bird.

I work in CS 6.5 and firmly believe most (including myself) do not begin to scratch the surface of possibilities with that suite.

Thank-you!

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Ted-

I an amazed by the quality of modeling in the forum you pointed to- wow! Being presently committed to the P3D ecosystem, I appreciate your ongoing work on Monty's bird.

I work in CS 6.5 and firmly believe most (including myself) do not begin to scratch the surface of possibilities with that suite.

Thank-you!

Carl
    There's one artist there that produces textures that are exactly what is shown in historical pictures right down to the dents and scratches. Truly amazing stuff!

Some day, but way down the road for now. As such I've been working on the outer wings today.

Just alignment stuff, further changes needed.

I thought I would study up on how to use the pin tool with paths to make the doors look 3d, especially the round corners... those path antennas took some time to get use to.

Ted-

I check this thread regularly.... vey impressed... looking forward to flying this one ver much!

Brilliant work (pun intended)

C

Ted-

I check this thread regularly.... vey impressed... looking forward to flying this one ver much!

Brilliant work (pun intended)

C
    Thank you, look at this mirror! Look at all those reinforcement plate rivets, I'm missing a few... jeez!!!

Another area I'm looking at as how fuel/oil has affect on paint, like bleaching, fading, etc.

Example...

Paint by fjpdll at War Thunder
    Last edited by TuFun; April 27th, 2017 at 15:05.

Big Chrome

Ted,

Not to hijack your post but are you planning on using any GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome in your WIP? I'm using a 6th Gen Nvidia 660 GPU and in a couple months getting Nvidia 10th Gen GTX 1060.

This is what a Y-U-G-E GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds (96 Mb) file will do with chrome:

Chrome Contd

The beta model still uses GlobalEnv file which I'm using Banana Bobs version. The alphas are on the light side on Monty.

How did you get grass on the runway? Just kidding. I did test a beta MDL file that had P3Dv.3 Dynamic Reflection turn on. Reflection of the actual surrounding are seen in the skin. So no need for GlobalEnv. I know Jan just switched to P3D so I guessing he's going to want DF as an option.

Just curious in one of your pics the H-stab is not polished (no chrome effect). Also Hani's American Airlines has an alternate GlobalEnv file that looks good to. You got Miss Virginia looking pretty hot!

Here's a few shots of Dynamic Reflection enabled for P3Dv.3. Few testers have P3D on the team.

You can actually see the runway, trees, and clouds in the reflection. Even the prop tip show actual reflection.

Last edited by TuFun; April 27th, 2017 at 19:17.

That is AWESOME!!!!!! WOW
    Rob Schreiber

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    The beta model still uses GlobalEnv file which I'm using Banana Bobs version. The alphas are on the light side on Monty.

How did you get grass on the runway? Just kidding. I did test a beta MDL file that had P3Dv.3 Dynamic Reflection turn on. Reflection of the actual surrounding are seen in the skin. So no need for GlobalEnv. I know Jan just switched to P3D so I guessing he's going to want DF as an option.

Just curious in one of your pics the H-stab is not polished (no chrome effect). Also Hani's American Airlines has an alternate GlobalEnv file that looks good to. You got Miss Virginia looking pretty hot!

Here's a few shots of Dynamic Reflection enabled for P3Dv.3. Few testers have P3D on the team.

You can actually see the runway, trees, and clouds in the reflection. Even the prop tip show actual reflection.

I'm happy and glad to of switched to P3d V3.4 - I still have FSX on another drive. I am still in learning curve with what is has to offer but things like Dynamic reflection and the other abilities is has
    is really amazing. I can boot the DR slider to the right and pull up other chrome skinned planes and it sure make a difference. Thought I would take a FPS hit using it but haven't notice too much of a drop. Trying to tweak it for
    "That perfect image setting" I guess is subjective to the eye of the user. So many sliders in the "Lighting" dept. to adjust and experiment with. + anxiously awaiting Nvidia GTX 1060 DX-12 capable but only Win 10 supports DX-12.

3d Fuel drains added, and spent time working on the rear area of the wing fairing.

Last edited by TuFun; April 29th, 2017 at 18:13.

Ted-

I keep thinking she can't get better, and you keep proving me WRONG!

Bravo!

C

Ted-

I keep thinking she can't get better, and you keep proving me WRONG!

Bravo!

C
    Thanks! Magic is in the bumps! Just the right amount here and there. Stencils give it a nice touch.

Wow, Ted, it's looking fantastic! A truly outstanding job.
    I can only hope you will share the final results in a paintkit, if only to force me to revisit all my old paints..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Dave over Pacific Dakota Restorations is looking over it and will advise me on alterations and updates that need to be done.

Model: model.shiny is used.

Little piece under the antenna was missing... so...

Dave introducing the Dakota.

https://www.facebook.com/pacificdako...type=2&theater
    Last edited by TuFun; May 2nd, 2017 at 21:10.

Ted-

How's the old gal coming along?

Best- Carl

Manfred is having difficulties getting gmax to work under Windows 10 (new replacement computer).

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Manfred is having difficulties getting gmax to work under Windows 10 (new replacement computer).
    Ick! Very happy I built my latest sim rig with W7 Pro x64. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

C

Members who have read this thread: 0