Windows 10 issue with CFS2

Thread: Windows 10 issue with CFS2

Windows 10 issue with CFS2

Okay, fellows. I'm getting back into flight simulation after a long layoff. I really haven't been away; I dropped in nearly every day to keep up with my downloads, but I had other more pressing concerns keeping my from FS. My FSX install gets along very well with my last set of updates from Microsoft, and I haven't tried my CFS3 install yet, but CFS2 definitely has a problem. So far it works well in terms of performance, but I get no picture in the aircraft selection window, only black. I haven't the slightest idea why this is happening. Did anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do to solve it? I've already begun to read through that initial Windows 10 update thread, but I haven't come across a fix for this particular issue yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Windowed mode, Alt and Enter.

Can always switch back after you hit fly.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Windowed mode, Alt and Enter.

Can always switch back after you hit fly.
    Thanks for answering, Jamie. I tried it, but it didn't work. I'm continuing to plow through the Windows 10 thread.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Hi,
    Try starting in window mode,
    once you are in window mode restart the game.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Robert John View Post
    Hi,
    Try starting in window mode,
    once you are in window mode restart the game.

RJ
    Thank you for answering, RJ. My apologies for taking so long to respond. This does work, provided I stay in window mode. If I go into full screen, the same problem re-emerges. even if I switch back to the window. It takes a restart in window mode for the issue to clear up. When I have more time I'll delve more deeply into the issue. Thanks again for your help.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0