Repaint Request for Tim Conrad Skyraider

Thread: Repaint Request for Tim Conrad Skyraider

Repaint Request for Tim Conrad Skyraider

Joe Kunzler here. Say I've got a repaint request to make of all of you and there's no rush, but I'd like to know by Friday night if you need additional pictures of this Skyraider...

It's Heritage Flight Museum in Skagit County's AD-4NA/A-1D Skyraider. I encourage you to browse through https://www.flickr.com/photos/avgeekjoe/albums/72157646532056079 which is my Flickr album of photos of this beaut. Warning: Some were made in "Kodachrome II" presets to look 1960s-1970s.

I really think it's a sad shame that this particular warbird isn't in FSX yet, now 10 years old. But then again... I'm a Raider kinda guy.

A Pin Sharp Skyraider Against the Blue Sky... by Joe A. Kunzler, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Joe Kunzler here. Say I've got a repaint request to make of all of you and there's no rush, but I'd like to know by Friday night if you need additional pictures of this Skyraider...

I really think it's a sad shame that this particular warbird isn't in FSX yet, now 10 years old. But then again... I'm a Raider kinda guy.

Tim's Skyraider IS "in FSX" ...

Works just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Tim's Skyraider IS "in FSX" ...
    Works just fine...
    Yes it is and looks beautiful. Also works perfectly in all versions of P3D.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Indeed it is converted to native FSX format. It also have a beautiful photorealistic repaint

I bet AvgeekJoe means the repaint, not the model as such ( -> now 10 years old.. )

I meant the repaint, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I bet AvgeekJoe means the repaint, not the model as such ( -> now 10 years old.. )
    I meant the repaint of the actual "The Proud American". The real particular Skyraider has quite a following and should be on FSX, right up there with Puget Sound P-51s Upapa Epops and Val-Halla.

My apologies if I wasn't clear.

I was pretty sure this repaint already existed, but a dive in the library showed I was wrong. However there are quite a few very nice repaints available for this model.

The one I had in mind was the "Midnight Cowboy" (by HenryW) instead of the Proud American.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I was pretty sure this repaint already existed, but a dive in the library showed I was wrong. However there are quite a few very nice repaints available for this model.

The one I had in mind was the "Midnight Cowboy" (by HenryW) instead of the Proud American.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Right, I just ask that "The Proud American" make it into our flight sim world. Please.

WHO CAN'T LOVE a Skyraider, Simply something about them, not only carrier but carrier of allsorts , that real warring look, I do like the adage "They simply did not make enough of them"

Indeed. I'd love it if one day please all the surviving Skyraiders had repaints for the Tim Conrad FSX/P3D model!

Love them 'Raiders!

Joe, I have done an extensive search on the web and all of the FS websites ... no joy! I think Jens Ole would be the most qualified as he did many SEA skins/liveries for this beautiful aircraft. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Joe, I have done an extensive search on the web and all of the FS websites ... no joy! I think Jens Ole would be the most qualified as he did many SEA skins/liveries for this beautiful aircraft. Mike
    Thanks, I've done a full search. I hope Jens Ole can please help.

Hi,

Yup I'm a great Skyraider maniac! A bit busy with other stuff right now. I can see if I can send you the paintfiles if you would like to make a go for it. Just as an accuracy note, so is the "Proud American" as seen on the warbird circuit really an ex navy and then French AF AD-4NA Skyraider, not the same as the real "Proud American" and not the same model as made by Tim. My recommendation would be to research the real bird, which should be either an AD-6 or 7 (1H/J) and paint that one.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 1