the thread Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac for FSX and P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the thread Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac for FSX and P3D

Really impressed with this aircraft. Not had a lot of time with it as I am without a joystick at the moment (MadCatz RMA gone horribly wrong due to Saitek buyout by Logitech) but been enjoying messing about with it using my 360 pad as a poor mans substitute.

I found the flaps noise a bit annoying but copied the default cessna flap sound across to combat that.

One thing I cant find though is what range this thing will do? Once I get another stick I was contemplating some kind of world tour so it would be handy to know. Its probably in the documentation and Im blind as a bat. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I can confirm that the floats sit way too deep even on calm water. As far as the ground contact points I haven't paid much attention but I'll have a look. Also, the airplane does seem to want to run away after starting, but it seems to be hit and miss but in every case the throttles are at idle.
    I find that when starting on water it will always accelerate at idle, I have to cycle the throttles in order to gain control...very strange,

Work of TiAr & the Team (preview) - new, more rounded wheels (and as You see - yes it's a matt now!), good job!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This new skin for U206G is finished.
    I agree too, float version needs a little tweaks of behavior on the water (perhaps center of gravity problem and too more power on IDLE, she starts to swim when you turn on the engine) but it looks very well!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Typical SOH plane..a bug filled plane but it has 100s of repaints Do you guys even fly these planes?

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Typical SOH plane..a bug filled plane but it has 100s of repaints Do you guys even fly these planes?
    First and foremost this is not a 'Typical SOH Plane', it happens to be a private venture by a member of SOH and more to the point it is free, gratis, no cost.
    It would seem that many of the crew do fly and enjoy the constructors efforts.
    You might show some respect for the time and effort that has gone into this free aircraft, you might even show us what gems you yourself have produced..........or not.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Typical SOH plane..a bug filled plane

Do it better and finish insult authors of models from SOH or the others.
    It's a shame for you...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    This new skin for U206G is finished.
    I agree too, float version needs a little tweaks of behavior on the water (perhaps center of gravity problem and too more power on IDLE, she starts to swim when you turn on the engine) but it looks very well!
    Thank you looks great!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Trolling are we?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

As of 10-15-2016, I don't see a single repaint for this plane, maybe you would be kind enough to show us where those hundreds of repaints are.
    Your other comment is that it is a bug filed plane, I don't feel that way, and as you know, there is an update coming.
    Both your comments are way off, I look forward to your new plane that will show us just how good you are.

Never wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it, and you get dirty.

@Thomas- we are grateful, and look forward to your update sir.

C

Cessna U206G Soloy t is outstandingurbine

I love flying the Cessna U206G. She handles well. With all new planes, there is a few bugs to work out . for his first plane I think he did an outstanding U206G. and he is working on a update as we speak. I know I don't have what it takes to build one for fsx.

The Soloys are a pleasure to fly. Sure there may be some issues to work out but they aren't deal breakers by any means. Especially since it's a freeware release. I look forward to the update and commend Thomas for an excellent job.

For those that have hardware controlling the mixture on their set ups, try using the mixture as a condition lever, reducing the mixture to a ground idle point. With my setup at least, having mixture to an axis negates the ground /flight idle switch on the panel and reducing the mixture makes the engine go to a ground idle speed. That solves the runaway float problems and makes taxiing the wheeled versions much easier.

Please let me know if you need a P3D tester!

I love this plane so much its now my default GA airplane. Just great stuff.

My (only) complaint, and I think this is FSX vs P3D is that the night cockpit lighting could be better. Some working backlighting on the gauges would be great.

Blog Entries
    Thomas you built a fine aircraft...yes it has some bugs but the best way to find bugs is to put it out in population! Most all of the folks on here will give you constructive information for dealing with bugs. Ignore those who can only criticize...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by foolinjection View Post
    Really impressed with this aircraft. Not had a lot of time with it as I am without a joystick at the moment (MadCatz RMA gone horribly wrong due to Saitek buyout by Logitech) but been enjoying messing about with it using my 360 pad as a poor mans substitute.

I found the flaps noise a bit annoying but copied the default cessna flap sound across to combat that.

One thing I cant find though is what range this thing will do? Once I get another stick I was contemplating some kind of world tour so it would be handy to know. Its probably in the documentation and Im blind as a bat. lol.
    Thats a good tip. I did the same thing and am now happy with the flap sound.

I do get an error when I start the sim up as it faults on trying to load the U206G sound ini file. It instead loads the default dsd sound ini file.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    . . . . .I do get an error when I start the sim up as it faults on trying to load the U206G sound ini file. It instead loads the default dsd sound ini file.
    If you placed the 206 in a folder other than the default folder, then you have to change the location in the 206sound config file which is located in the panel folder. I have about 6 different folders based on type and have the 206 in the "Bush" folder. I got the same error and just changed the location and all was fine.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

As I know the new version (v2.0) of U206G incoming very soon. Thomas will add the news.

New Soloy skin SE-KRD (improved version with alphas, better matched lines with real plane and colours, rounded and matt wheels):

Last edited by YoYo; October 16th, 2016 at 02:32.

YoYo Looking great mate

John

Any UK-registered repaints (real or fictious) on the way?

That's a great repaint YoYo!

Look forward to the new and improved models too TiAr
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

I just got it, Yoyo´s really great repaints are inside V2, but documentation isn´t finished.

Fixes V1:

refexions are controlled with alpha of textures
    yoke´s movement
    turn coodinator
    new high-poli tires
    lubber display on Bendix-King Ki 525
    glide-slope display on Bendix-King Ki 525
    gyro-sound inside model, but sounds again while battery switch off. Nothing helps...
    hushed flaps sounds
    green and red navigation lights (one user reported this issue yesterday for the first time) Mea culpa
    little problems with dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau in P3D

The next two days I will be off, I am in GB - please give me the time I need.

Thomas

It's a beautiful plane, TiAR. It was worth waiting for. A few little bugs are no big deal. Ignore the troll. Most of us apprecite your work. Even the big companies put out patches and updates on their planes all the time.
    Thanks
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    It's a beautiful plane, TiAR. It was worth waiting for. A few little bugs are no big deal. Ignore the troll. Most of us apprecite your work. Even the big companies put out patches and updates on their planes all the time.
    Thanks
    Sue
    +1 - well said, Sue

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Thanks
    Sue
    Yep.
    Nicely said.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Members who have read this thread: 0