JF Meteor released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JF Meteor released

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    So.. you think that looks ok then Bazzar?
    EDIT: And your beta testers too as it managed to get past them.
    ATB
    DaveB
    I have seen the Meteor based at Temora many times over the past few years and as a beta tester on the Meteor I never said anything as I didn't notice any difference between the models I was testing and the "Halestorm" aircraft at Temora.

Maybe Ian Warren can shed some light on his as well.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

If he sheds some light on it it'll just go bright again Pat. Dear me what are we going to do.

Most illuminating chaps, lol!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Then I guess it's due to the fact it's always dull and miserable here in the UK

ATB
    DaveB

Then I guess it's due to the fact it's always dull and miserable here in the UK

ATB
    DaveB
    Or, of course, that everything Chuck Yeager has been saying about us on Twitter is true...

Possibly against my better judgement (?!) I'm gonna chance my arm at entering this debate. I should say I don't own this product, so I'm only commenting on the screenshots here and on other forums (CBFSIM springs to mind). First, I'd have thought that a good amount of baked-in AO would've darkened these areas (plus, in the case of the FR the interior of nose, plus the camera etc. would probably be jet black, as with the Hunter PR11 nosecone and F95s I own and am restoring). That aside... a thought briefly popped into my head... could this be an FSX vs P3D textures issue (i.e. textured in 3DS Max with one sim's SDK, but rendered in the other sim). Strictly speaking textures for one are no longer fully compatible with the other, as they once were. Perhaps this is causing an issue? What prompted this thought was the screenshot below, taken from AH's own website, where the intakes look fine and different to the customer's screenshots. Maybe JF changed something once AH handed her over?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I'm thinking that shot is from P3D Andy. Looking at the shading on the RH intake where the sun is lighting the front inner (outer) area, there's a defined line of shadow. FSX doesn't shade like that even with aircraft cast shadows on itself enabled. It could be argued that you can still see a little too much in the shaded area but the effect is a lot more realistic than can be seen in FSX. If it looked like that in FSX, I'd be happy.

ATB
    DaveB

If you look for "Meteor_WellsB_t" in the main texture folder and darken the "Normal" dds file the interior is much less obvious.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Screenshot:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hmm.. that doesn't work for me Roger. A valiant attempt though. The problem (in FSX DX9 at least) would seem to be that these parts (intakes, camera bay and main gear covers) are picking up sunlight.. the intakes through the nacelles.. the camera bay through the fuse and the main gear mudguards through the wings. All these areas appear more 'burned' (as Andy suggested) in the promo screenshots. Pat seems to think all these look good anyway though I don't know if that was in response to the screenshots I posted or if its how he see's them in P3D and didn't look at my screenshots. In any event.. they don't look good in FSX DX9.

ATB
    DaveB

Has it occurred to you to put in a support ticket? Or perhaps a PM to me or perhaps an email? It's amazing what can be achieved by just asking. When have you ever known JF or us for that matter not respond to suggestion/comment.

Well Bazzar.. I started by asking if anything could be done about it and the response was less than helpful. I also hoped that Martyn would pop in but he's not so JF will get a ticket. It was my next step anyway though it is a weekend so there's no particular hurry.

If this and future releases are optimised for P3D, then all well and good. Nobody wants unhappy customers so it's probably easier not to be a customer

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Well Bazzar.. I started by asking if anything could be done about it and the response was less than helpful. I also hoped that Martyn would pop in but he's not so JF will get a ticket. It was my next step anyway though it is a weekend so there's no particular hurry.

If this and future releases are optimised for P3D, then all well and good. Nobody wants unhappy customers so it's probably easier not to be a customer

ATB
    DaveB
    Don't you think, maybe your over reacting a little?

Ian

and all over the colour of an engine intake? Well, whatever floats one's boat I suppose. If you're not going to be a customer then you probably won't be needing the patch then.

AH flipping fantastic job guys!!! I really really like what I see! Have you guys ever thought of doing the Mirage III? Just saying...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Many, many subjects, too little time...

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    AH flipping fantastic job guys!!! I really really like what I see! Have you guys ever thought of doing the Mirage III? Just saying...
    Could you explain what is wrong with the IIIB and IIIC from Restauravia?
    http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fsx.html

MikeW

A good Jaguar is very missing in our FSX skies....
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Don't you think, maybe your over reacting a little?

Ian
    You might think so Ian but don't forget that money has changed hands. IF it were to be that the model was optimised for the newer sim and a consequence of which meant it displayed as it does in FSX (we're talking camera bay and glass, main gear mudguards as well as the show stopping engine bay) then who'd want to buy it for the older sim.. at least without knowing this beforehand.

IF, on the other hand, these anomalies are a consequence of an errant file or files.. then a simple 'yeah, I know what's causing that.. fire a quick support ticket off to JF to start the ball rolling' would be more than sufficient don't you think?

TBH, I could easily have side-stepped the F8 as it's probably my least favourite Meatbox but new-build Brit jets of this type are so few and far between that one feels almost obliged to buy them in order to support sales in the hope that more will come.
    ATB
    DaveB

I'll absolutely be buying this when I get home....

In the same general theme, I really could get excited about a Venom, or failing that, a Vampire as well!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    and all over the colour of an engine intake?
    I can just hear the banter at the Officers Mess now. "My what clean nacelles you have." "Why thank you. The crew just washed them yesterday. Bird strike, you know."

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I can just hear the banter at the Officers Mess now.
    Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.
    Well I thought I was following this thread ok, but now it's turned into some sort of incomprehensible nightmare!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Well I thought I was following this thread ok, but now it's turned into some sort of incomprehensible nightmare!
    Is there something wrong with my banter?

"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    Is there something wrong with my banter?

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0