JF Meteor released - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JF Meteor released

That how a collimated gunsight is supposed to work. Your head is a bit too high on the second one so naturally your eye point is out of the line of sight.

Hairyspin and Dimus....!?

You have missed my point! Like I stated before....I feel that the seat height/View Point is to low in this aircraft. To me it does does not match the view height of the pilot modelled in the exterior view nor does it with any other photo of a Meteor with a pilot in it.

I am not looking for a fix or to open up a can of worms. I just wanted to state that -in my opinion- the interior "view point" looks incorrect. NOW...I am just going to have to live with this because clearly the collimated gun sight can not be adjusted to suit varying seat heights.

I am truly chuffed with this add on and have been eagerly awaiting for its release! Its only a small gripe from me that the view point is a little to low.

So in conclusion the best way around this is to not use the gun sight at all. SIMPLE!

Case closed!

No Problem Timmy! I believe that quite often pilots had to crouch a bit to aim when firing the guns. I have tested many addons like the MV F-100D, F-4E and the Simworks F-4E and in all those you have to lower your viewpoint to be able to see the sight pipper. Multiple viewpoints are often offered, one for focusing on the panel-gunsight and another, more elevated to serve better when taking off or landing.

Anybody know if there is going to be a paint kit or additional livery packs? Baz, you out there??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Anybody know if there is going to be a paint kit or additional livery packs? Baz, you out there??
    Paint kit can be downloaded here -http://www.justflight.com/support/me...8-fr-9/c2bab3b
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hairyspin and Dimus....!?

You have missed my point! Like I stated before....I feel that the seat height/View Point is to low in this aircraft. To me it does does not match the view height of the pilot modelled in the exterior view nor does it with any other photo of a Meteor with a pilot in it.

I am not looking for a fix or to open up a can of worms. I just wanted to state that -in my opinion- the interior "view point" looks incorrect. NOW...I am just going to have to live with this because clearly the collimated gun sight can not be adjusted to suit varying seat heights.

I am truly chuffed with this add on and have been eagerly awaiting for its release! Its only a small gripe from me that the view point is a little to low.

So in conclusion the best way around this is to not use the gun sight at all. SIMPLE!

Case closed!
    The view point is too low----how can i raise it up?
    Mike

According to my father (flew F-86E/F, B-57B/C & F-4C/D/E), when delivering ordinance you had to:

1) Set your gun sight based on the altitude & airspeed you are going to deliver the ordinance with (based on a reference chart).
    2) Adjust your seat so your eyepoint aligns with the gun sight.

He also says that it was common practice to adjust the seats as high as they could go during take offs and landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    No Problem Timmy! I believe that quite often pilots had to crouch a bit to aim when firing the guns. I have tested many addons like the MV F-100D, F-4E and the Simworks F-4E and in all those you have to lower your viewpoint to be able to see the sight pipper. Multiple viewpoints are often offered, one for focusing on the panel-gunsight and another, more elevated to serve better when taking off or landing.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    The view point is too low----how can i raise it up?
    Mike
    Open up the aircraft folder. Make a copy of your aircraft.cfg file just in case. You can always restore it if things don't work out.

Open the aircraft.cfg file with an editor program like Notebook. Scroll down to the [Views] section towards the bottom.
    Look for the following entry:

[Views]
    eyepoint= 9.180, 0.0, 2.820

This represents //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

The value of 2.820 controls height, so you need to experiment as to what works for you. I would change it from 2.820 to 2.830 for starters. Always change in small increments, then test it by loading FSX and the aircraft. I typically save the original coordinates and make a new entry like this:

[Views]
    //eyepoint= 9.180, 0.0, 2.820
    eyepoint= 9.180, 0.0, 2.830

Keep in mind that by making this change you might throw off the gunsight since that is uses a different set of coordinates. Whenever I need to change my view I use the keyboard shortcut key while in flight. If I find I'm doing that too much, then I make a more permanent change following the steps above.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thank you very much,WH.
    That is much better now.
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0