JF Meteor released - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JF Meteor released

Excellent! Borrowed by Armstrong and Miller some thirty years later
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Well I thought I was following this thread ok, but now it's turned into some sort of incomprehensible nightmare!
    I am much preferring this later banter compared to the previous "banter".

I laugh out loud every time I think of those Armstrong and Miller sketches.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RgcwyI-NlvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3GABT_l6VF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uqiabZqPmpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the whole collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgcw...AFLvzYYX5VJ07e

Cheers,

There's always this, of course.....

Dave

More Armstrong & Miller, with the addition of Mitchell & Webb

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's **** planes for remtards on free dinners..."
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I also hoped that Martyn would pop in but he's not so JF will get a ticket.
    Apologies for the late reply. I've only just returned to the office from our annual Flight Simulator show at RAF Cosford so I've not seen this thread until now.

We are looking into your feedback and will update you shortly.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Could you explain what is wrong with the IIIB and IIIC from Restauravia?http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fsx.htmlMikeW
    I'm not sure how making an inquiry about a developer creating a new aircraft qualifies as me saying that another product had a defect? I would like to see an AH version of the Mirage III...maybe Swiss RS version? BTW there's not really anything wrong with the RA Mirage III.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Apologies for the late reply. I've only just returned to the office from our annual Flight Simulator show at RAF Cosford so I've not seen this thread until now.

We are looking into your feedback and will update you shortly.
    Cheers Martyn

You mention the FS Show at Cosford.. I'd forgotten all about it and could have gone I usually work weekends so had mentally filed the show into file 13. My better half would have loved it too
    ATB
    DaveB

Should find something waiting on your desk Martyn.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sweet!

IWAS TOLD THERES AMETEOR SHOWER TONIGHTTHANKS H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I'm not sure how making an inquiry about a developer creating a new aircraft qualifies as me saying that another product had a defect? I would like to see an AH version of the Mirage III...maybe Swiss RS version? BTW there's not really anything wrong with the RA Mirage III.
    Thankyou Rick - you're a gentleman to say so. It just annoys me to see payware automatically praised above freeware, which in many cases provides a superior product. I am not part of Restauravia, just a happy client.
    ATB
    MikeW

Meteor service pack released.

Hello All. I am pleased to say that we have released an updated version of the Meteor and it is available from our site now. www.justflight.com Please un-install your current install and install the re-downloaded version to see the changes. Here is a list of items addressed:• Interior nacelle main spar and engine details now black.• Denser, darker glass on camera windows for the FR.9 models.• Black detailing in camera bay.• Paint correction on airbrakes for VZ467 aircraft.• Smaller navigation lights all models.• Increased ambient occlusion shadow on wheel mudguards.ThanksAlex FordJust Flight Ltd.
    Alex Ford
    Publishing Director
    Just Flight.

Well that's great service from all concerned
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Indeed Roger.. thanks all involved

ATB
    DaveB

ATB
    DaveB

I run fairly high contrast on my monitor so I needed a little help in the vc to see gauges and switches so I added this line to the aircraft.cfg:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
    light.0 = 4, 9.180, 0.0, 2.720, fx_vclight
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I run fairly high contrast on my monitor so I needed a little help in the vc to see gauges and switches so I added this line to the aircraft.cfg:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
    light.0 = 4, 9.180, 0.0, 2.720, fx_vclight
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. Had the same problem seeing various switches and needed some vc flood lighting.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Picked up the Service Pack for the Meteor this morning and was pleasantly surprised with one of the changes. With all the discussion about the engine nacelle interiors I was dreading an all black interior of the nacelles but was happy to see only the main spar was a metallic burnt black. However I feel that the engine parts are too dark and you cannot make out the engine parts. Overall the changes made in the Service Pack were good but I was disappointed with the engine nacelle interiors. Feel it was a little overdone. JMHO.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I am truly grateful for the efforts and work that has gone into this aircraft. Thank you very much to all involved.

However, I believe in the VC position, the "view point" is to low in this aircraft. Now this raises another issue....when I go to amend my view point (higher and a little forward) the gun site ring on the HUD moves out of frame.

Other than that she is nice.

Cheers,

p.s. The RAAF paint A77-17 is incorrect! "Bowl Em Over" was actually A77-207 flown by Pilot Officer Geoff Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    ....when I go to amend my view point (higher and a little forward) the gun site ring on the HUD moves out of frame
    Could you post a screenshot?

Does anyone else see the same using a TrackIR?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Picked up the Service Pack for the Meteor this morning and was pleasantly surprised with one of the changes. With all the discussion about the engine nacelle interiors I was dreading an all black interior of the nacelles but was happy to see only the main spar was a metallic burnt black. However I feel that the engine parts are too dark and you cannot make out the engine parts. Overall the changes made in the Service Pack were good but I was disappointed with the engine nacelle interiors. Feel it was a little overdone. JMHO.
    Pat..
    Look around the web and see how many shots you can find where you can actually see what's down the nacelle. I've found one. It's an air to air shot taken slightly off centre and the Meteor (it's an F8 too) is flying pretty much bang into the sun in the climb. Under these circumstances.. you would be able to see the proverbial black cat in a coal house!! Honestly.. it IS rather dark inside
    ATB
    DaveB

WRT the views expressed in previous posts, remember that what one sees and what one perceives are two different things. To illustrate, it is estimated only 10% of what we perceive is actually seen by our eyes... the other 90% is interpolated and extrapolated by our brains! This is a scary thought when driving down the highway, surrounded by other drivers who are also only seeing 10% of the world around them! The same logic applies to witness statements from crime scenes and intelligence analysis... worrying indeed! The relevance here is that what one person sees and perceives of a real Meteor engine intake and sees and perceives in a rendered 3D model of a Meteor will not be the same, let alone the same as another individual. This would certainly apply to shade and brightness... and don't even get me started on "colour", whatever that is!! I'm not taking any sides here (and I don't even own the AH & JF Meteor!), merely raising awareness...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    WRT the views expressed in previous posts, remember that what one sees and what one perceives are two different things...
    ...and with age, we rely more on experience to work out what we're seeing, sometimes leading to surprising initial impressions when encountering the unexpected. I'll just leave that with you and ask if someone can pass the Horlicks, thanks.

Fine model, Martyn et al, mighty fine!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The gunsight is collimated.

I do not use "Track IR" but here are the two screen shots of what I mean....

Standard "view point". Gun sight ring can be seen...

When I move my "view point" to which I think is correct...and matches the pilots head height from out side shots. You can only just see the bottom of the gun sight ring.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Lower your seat? They were adjustable afaik.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0