H.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber - New Jet bomber? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber - New Jet bomber?

basically yes, all my airplanes could be transformed to the "civil" MS FS game series, but during all the times I just lost the know-how, what all needs to do, to get the airplane working there properly. still I am open for such work.

anyway, this America Bomber could be easy FS2004 job, in case we would have the flight dynamics and some decent 2D panel at least.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    do you have the several monkies off your back already, mate?

btw, 78 downloads from the MF storage... thanks to all
    Hi BorekS, Unfortunately I seem to be collecting monkies, not getting rid of them. In the middle of last year I got a surprise diagnosis of AML, and have been subject to chemotherapy ever since... Hoping for better things in 2017.

oh, so sorry about that, wish to you better, really much much better things / health in 2017!

All the best Daiwilletti .. i went thrgouh the same two years ago. Courage.

@lgoncalv: oh... all the best to you too!

@zswobbie1: ok, a very first CFS3-->FS2004 Amerika Bomber add-on conversion image attached. as the flight model Ive used the Ho.XVIIIC source by Skysailor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs9_ho18b.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A fantastic addition for CFS3. Who could of imagined this was to come. Great work !

Members +
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Where can I find it?

glad you like it, guys

@dmaloof: well, our Horten Ho.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber airplane add-on is available for CFS3 since 3. november 2016 already, check please my simhangar site for more the reason why it isnt here at Warbirds library yet is the current pack lacks a decent flight model sofar. waiting for someone who could fix this "small" problem.

@zswobbie1: all what I did sofar is I spent some time yesterday to study how to export the original CFS3 gmax external model into FS2004 without crashing the MakeMDL tool. there is no virtual or 2D cockpit, no moving parts... usually such work takes weeks, months, years, it really isnt about a few hours, yet I am allone in this work
    Last edited by BorekS; January 17th, 2017 at 00:36.

Blog Entries
    Hope you will get the help needed. There needs to be a design group and i'm learning slowly to do those things needed by the community . Hopeful that i'll be able to do this in the future. Not a computer wizzard by any stretch .

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    glad you like it, guys

@dmaloof: well, our Horten Ho.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber airplane add-on is available for CFS3 since 3. november 2016 already, check please my simhangar site for more the reason why it isnt here at Warbirds library yet is the current pack lacks a decent flight model sofar. waiting for someone who could fix this "small" problem.

@zswobbie1: all what I did sofar is I spent some time yesterday to study how to export the original CFS3 gmax external model into FS2004 without crashing the MakeMDL tool. there is no virtual or 2D cockpit, no moving parts... usually such work takes weeks, months, years, it really isnt about a few hours, yet I am allone in this work
    Thanks for your time.
    I'm an old time FS2004 user, & I really like the older and different planes. I can fit CfS2 planes into FS2004 with a few modifications, but CFS3 planes are a problem for me.

@sixstrings5859: I think I personally got a great support from you in many aspects already, thank you mate

@zswobbie1: no problem, I always liked the idea to release my stuff into various sims

yeah, I think in many cases can help a MDLC MDL Converter tool by Ivan Hsu, to convert MDL files from FS2004-->FS2002-->CFS2, if the gmax or FSDS or whatelse airplane factory 3d model sources arent available. but I didnt tested this tool deeply yet. it could allow to convert nicely my FS2004 models into CFS2

then there is a tool called ModelConverterX, but it cant load CFS3 M3D files of course the final M3D files are bit out of all the MSFS series standards, so to speak, and as far as I know, there is not possible to convert them any decent way at all. it would needs to decode the M3D into some readable 3d format first. not sure if that happens.

however, my CFS3 gmax models use plenty of dummy parts (nodes) for moving parts, which isnt supported for FS2004, so it needs some kind of rework there. next, it needs to correct the keyframe animation CFS3-FS2004 logic. another big differency is the CFS3 virtual cockpit gauges are all 3d animated models comparing to the faked invicible FS2004 virtual flat panel gauge logic (means a pure FS2004 virtual cockpit).

well, I think I know how this all to solve, still things related to the flight dynamics and so on are way from my experience. anyway, for the FS2004 Amerika Bomber I would just use the Skysailors set - with credits of course.

Blog Entries
    I'll be praying for you Daiwilletti . Hang in there and hope for the best. I'm disabled so i fell your pain. Get well soon Bro. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks, BorekS, Lgoncalv, sixstrings, am just browsing whilst waiting for discharge from final treatment. Now all I have to do is grow some new white blood cells (quite important)!

may the Force be with you, guys!

well, as to our Amerika Bomber there is a small update relating to the virtual interiror. Ive just reworked the cockpit mesh slightly, to be able to plant it with some regular gauges for CFS3 and also for the FS2004/CFS3 version.

still this project is meant like a quick job, so I am not bothering with the VC textures or mesh complexity somehow deeper.
    anyway, to make a picture how the (wip) interior looks now, check the attached images. its without gauges sofar, just a photo texture applied.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_1_24_1_33_2.jpg   enb2017_1_24_0_56_20.jpg  

first CFS2 and FS2004 virtual cockpit gauge tests... works fine. so when the CFS3 virtual interiror will be done, there seems is no problem to port it into other sims
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ho18b_cfs2.jpg   ho18b_fs9.jpg  

Borek i love you man! What a plane it will be!

Blog Entries
    That cockpit looks great!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

ok, guys,
    finally took some time to plant the working gauges over the phototextured instrument panel. a first attempt screenshot set attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_15_1_54_52.jpg   enb2017_2_15_1_54_13.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Looks fantastic!! Coming together nicely. I'd never imagined this would be coming to us. Thank you,Sir Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Coming together nicely. I'd never imagined this would be coming to us.
    mee too it was originally just meant like a decently flyable airplane, AI related primary

well, I think I will need to manually repaint the virtual interiror bit yet to avoid fo the blurry side textures mainly and add a few 3d instruments yet.

I was also thinking to make the 3d crew figures for virtual cockpit animated a bit, because when sitting the player at current seat and rotating your virtual head arround you should see the rest of crew sitting there. well, such feature needs a bit of rethinkg yet to make it properly, needs to using separate _Cockpit0, _Cockpit1, _Cockpit3 logic, to see always only two figures+player at the three crew (seat) cockpit.
    Last edited by BorekS; February 16th, 2017 at 04:40.

ok guys,
    to bring something into the Beta section, Ive touched the Horten atomic bomber again.

it got a few small changes + the virtual cockpit is finally here, with slightly resmoothed (static) crew. 3 main views available: Pilot, Co-Pilot (autopilot) and Bombsight.

external images first (Vanilla CFS3 + Ankor Shaders 2018 test):

interiror... during the long flight to America you can relax with the internal views

image set of Pilot and Co-Pilot views

Members who have read this thread: 2