H.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber - New Jet bomber? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber - New Jet bomber?

absolutely stunning! thanks for the project support, mate
    the u-bomb / a-bomb feature should be included in the CFS3 Horten H.XVIIIB Amerika bomber add-on release, but assuming it might be released as standalone weapon aswell, right?

Members +
    Very stunning, with the bomb blast. Any way to get this for FS2004?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    It's meant to go boom and not just fly around in la la land . You guys have enough stuff not to bother us few combat flight simmers and what we luckily have.

I must say i cant barely wait to see this monster bombing London!

Amazing job fellas!

PS: Long life for Combat Flight Sim.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I spent the last couple of evenings getting a new UBomb effect put together for these bombs. The design intent was to emphasize the luminous shock wave after break away from the fireball, atmospheric condensation effects, and secondary ground fires triggered by the thermal radiation. Because of the large size of the effect elements I've used lager textures to avoid having them look too pixelated. My aircraft dropped the bomb on the right, and my wingman was assigned to drop on the left target some minutes later so you can see both the initial effects and the more persistent ones in this sequence.

I've submitted this special effect for inclusion in the library. It will be available here when the moderators approve it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1&linkid=21958
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

great! very apprecaited all your help! also great to hear the nuke bomb feature is downloadable now as standalone stuff for everybody aswell

ok, did some progress on the project too. LOD50 and LOD25 created and implemented.

I was thinking if to allow to players to load some gunstations to the bomber. did two gun turrets as standalone loadout weapons, but I am not fully getting how to make them working. this solution just doesnt produce any bullets

I could make the second airplane model version, where would be such turrets implemented. that should work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_10_26_21_23_48.jpg   enb2016_10_26_21_30_55.jpg   enb2016_10_26_21_26_5.jpg   enb2016_10_26_21_32_21.jpg  

well, didnt managed to get working the turrets, so I will pack the standard version and will release it public at my simhangar homepage. once it get a decent physics one day, it may be added into SOH library...

Blog Entries
    Lets hope you get the help needed to finish soon. Looking forward to this one. Thanks...

yeah, a hope never dies...

ok, as promised, the latest (last) planned project update before the public test release is some damage emitters adding. ingame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_10_31_22_52_8.jpg   enb2016_10_31_23_0_31.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    great! very apprecaited all your help! also great to hear the nuke bomb feature is downloadable now as standalone stuff for everybody aswell

ok, did some progress on the project too. LOD50 and LOD25 created and implemented.

I was thinking if to allow to players to load some gunstations to the bomber. did two gun turrets as standalone loadout weapons, but I am not fully getting how to make them working. this solution just doesnt produce any bullets

I could make the second airplane model version, where would be such turrets implemented. that should work.
    Hi BorekS, I don't know (but that doesn't mean anything, LOL) if gunstations as loadouts are able to be trainable. Good examples of how to set up gunstations as loadouts are nDicki's bf109 series, or the stock fw190a8. However these gun packs (30mm cannon) are fixed underwing pods. Who knows? Maybe they can be set up to rotate/pan/elevate somewhat?

hi Daiwilletti,
    thank you for the tip, yes, Ive noticed the stock fw190a8 use some kind of gun gondola loadout, so to make such static gunstation should be ok.

well, because our current Horten 18B flight dynamics is a copy of MajorMagees MiG-15bis infact (oh yes, I am not kidding), such static gunstation could be handy, but when one day our long range bomber project will get much more relevant physics, such static guns would be not usable anymore, I suppose

as to the animated loadouts I am bit sceptic too, just having bad experience yet much simpler things like a movable wheels (tires) of a dropable trolley / dolly (Me 163B or Lippisch P.13a) for example doesnt working when are made as weapon, fuel tank or so on. at the released CFS3 Me 163B is this isuse fixed with a complex trick...

however, I was unsucces to get working the movable turret guns even if they are part of the airplane model. I think I did the gmax related parts well, so the matter of issue will be something bad at the xdp file settings.

still, maybe if the loadout object xdp would get a status of airplane, some animations could work, who knows...

SOH-CM-2020
    hi Daiwilletti,

still, maybe if the loadout object xdp would get a status of airplane, some animations could work, who knows...
    Oh well, BorekS if you solved that one you would verily become a titan in the pantheon of CFS3 modellers. There are any number of ways that an object with the status of an aircraft could be used (guided missiles, long rang missiles, piggy-back aircrafts, etc etc). Some sort of trick would be required?

For vehicles, setting up for towing is catered for - hence rail wagons, etc. I don't recall the technigue used for the rockets which hobbit uses in some missions, I dont know if they have any sort of AI brain.

CFS3 Horten H.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber add-on version 0.9a RELEASED public at http://simhangar.nolimit.cz

The pack contents 5 airplane skins + atomic bomb weapon set including needed effects.

For those who would try to bother with a better flight dynamics, there are Horten H.XVIIIA and Horten H.XVIIIB flight dynamics sources (*air and *.cfg files) from other party sims added (FS98/FS2002/FS2004/CFS2), could be handy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_11_2_23_40_32.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Nice web site. Looks great. Thanks for the download.

CFS3 Horten H.XVIIIB Amerika Bomber add-on version 0.9a RELEASED public at http://simhangar.nolimit.cz

The pack contents 5 airplane skins + atomic bomb weapon set including needed effects.

For those who would try to bother with a better flight dynamics, there are Horten H.XVIIIA and Horten H.XVIIIB flight dynamics sources (*air and *.cfg files) from other party sims added (FS98/FS2002/FS2004/CFS2), could be handy.
    Hi Borek! That´s passion men! Gongrats and thanks !

Regarding the old Arado 234v6 available in this site - do you think it´s worthy of some improvement? Flight model seems fair to me although pretty basic skin and Ju88 cockpit gauges.

it was nicely spent cca 30-day time frame, working (apart other things) on this project

do you mean the Arado 234 mockup from warbirds SOH library? it seems it was made from the gmax Ju-88 source, right? wondering each day, what all can be found
    well, if you would need a pretty simple low poly stuff, still correctly shaped Ar 234 model, I could try it once the main airplane shape would be done, then we can add as many jet engines as we need to make as many Arado versions as we need

still, there is a conversion of regular Ar 234 B-2 under hairyspins leadership. dunno hows the progress, I just offered help, if needed.
    the model is based on a 3d model by helijah, optimalized for CFS3.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you! Once I have several monkies off my back I will take a look at the FS2004 model for air and cfg files.

Blog Entries
    The Ar-234 project would be great. So many Luft '46 aircraft you could be busy for years to come.All this and more keep CFS3 alive for a long time to come.Had trouble running Il-2 '46 on my temporary lap top because the keyboard keys can't be changed the way i need them.So sad because i like Il-2 '46 also. No problems with CFS3 and am grateful for this . CFS3 has always been my go to combat sim and the new and upcoming aircraft always keep me interested, such as the new Me-163B and many others newly released and keeps CFS3 viable for a long time to come. The Horton bomber is very interesting though it my take some time to get it done. Remember good things come to those that wait !! Thank you guys...If only we had the same ai as WOFF and we would be in hog heaven.

yeah...

as to the current Horton bomber damage "stamina", you can try edit the .xdp file Points value at DamageBoxes / BoxMap items. its a text editable file. and dont forget to delete the .bdp file before run the game

wow, 25 downloads, not bad at all! <<no sarcasm>>

a new "hook" wallpaper made...

image original size here.
    homepage here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ho18_wall_01_bf_text_dl.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Once I have several monkies off my back I will take a look at the FS2004 model for air and cfg files.
    do you have the several monkies off your back already, mate?

btw, 78 downloads from the MF storage... thanks to all

Members +
    Any chance of a FS2004 version?

Members who have read this thread: 3