Golden Age CW-1 in beta

Thread: Golden Age CW-1 in beta

Golden Age CW-1 in beta

Package includes two vintage airfields and a handful of liveries for this Golden Era ultralight.

Aircraft is nice for the lower and slower than average flights...as well as having a couple of atypical characteristics that one must be informed of prior to takeoff.
    Only one flight so far...but so far - so good

Excellent! This is exactly the sort of craft I luv to fly.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Having flown the new canoe a few more times I find it behaves exactly as the included Pilot Notes describe and have compared it to several youtube videos as well.
    Because of the engine placement and CG adding power does push the nose downward so on takeoff and in flight you must add back pressure to the stick to keep her nose out of the ground.

There are no brakes, no flaps and no trim...one must actually fly this aeroplane. In flight horizontal trim is maintained purely by thrust. I have found straight and level flight by placing the throttle at around 70% but you MUST read the included Pilot Notes before flying the first time.
    Power up on takeoff must be gradual and as the power goes up, the stick must be pulled back to maintain just the slightest nose-up attitude.
    For landings - descent must be gradual and the flair kept to the barest minimum.

It is a pleasant little sightseer and of course it is always great to have an aeroplane to fly that allows FSX to run fluidly in all settings and surroundings.
    I like watching her sail sedately past the in flight - fly by camera position with zero hitches or hiccups. Sometimes we sacrifice that for prolonged periods and forget what it looks like.

The included airfields at Poughkeepsie and Stormville make the pack a nice addon, however the little ship is worth the fun all by its lonesome.

I'm sure the other testers will post more comments and pics soon.

Sounding better and better all the time!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

A few more of the CW-1. NC605EB is at included Stormville.

62stratfan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cw-1c.jpg   cw-1a.jpg   cw-1d.jpg  

Cruising:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

More cruising

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yup, looking forward to this one. Liked the Junior ever since Paul Clawson "Putt-Putt" released one way back in the early days of FS2004.

A little video for you,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XGOP1qUcPDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Members who have read this thread: 0