It's Time for the Manfred Jahn and team Howard 500

Thread: It's Time for the Manfred Jahn and team Howard 500

Exclamation It's Time for the Manfred Jahn and team Howard 500

Yes... with the incredible Super DC-3 in the books, it's time for MJ and Team to do a complete A1-Reset of the Howard 500.

The Milton project was great... but time has fractured the plane into many versions, and not all are compatible with FSX and DX10.

So I beg and Plead with the MJ team... Please... PLEASE... Start a Howard 500 project.

Why the 500? Simple. The single greatest GA aircraft of all time. 300+ knots, style, and giant ROUND engines.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdsl View Post
    Yes... with the incredible Super DC-3 in the books, it's time for MJ and Team to do a complete A1-Reset of the Howard 500.

The Milton project was great... but time has fractured the plane into many versions, and not all are compatible with FSX and DX10.

So I beg and Plead with the MJ team... Please... PLEASE... Start a Howard 500 project.

Why the 500? Simple. The single greatest GA aircraft of all time. 300+ knots, style, and giant ROUND engines.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hawk.
    Hawk, I agree. It would be great to see a Howard 500 done properly for the latest sims. My original project started in 2004 and was released in 2005. Although there have been "refreshes", those patches did little to enhance the base product. So, I'm in support of anyone who loves the aircraft enough to take it on. I do have lots of reference material and data from the former pilot and restorer on the aircraft (, but unfortunately, no good 3-views,) that I would gladly share.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hanging out with Capt. Harley who had flown N137U for seven years! He's building a 1/5 scale 186" wingspan model of the Howard he flew.

Notice the glue bottle (similar to a restaurant ketchup bottle) and paper towel on the floor for size comparison.

Painted this one a few years back.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    Great project...and a gorgeous paint for the old girl! I would love to see the Howard upgraded too Milton. She is a work of art!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Wow! Great scale modeling project there ! Mike

WICKED PIECE of work from ya mate Capt.Harley, Ted I do love a craftsman , keep that sause bottle filled ... course the mandatory

Members who have read this thread: 0