Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac for FSX and P3D released - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac for FSX and P3D released

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Yes, YoYo is right - it is hard coded - why? Newer P3D Versions have a different display of reflections like FSX. With hard coding no further textures are needed. And at least I do not like unreal looking aircrafts with super gloss or high reflections. I know, thats a bit short thinking.

But I will to try out, if it is possible to release the patch with spec. textures.

Thomas
    I dont know how such things work, but perhaps its possible to just "turn down" the reflectivity in the mdl itself? Its a little too shiny IMHO. Otherwise...AWESOMENESS.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Otherwise...AWESOMENESS.

The new propeller (photoreal form 206 Turbine):

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Hi all
    Could someone be able to do me this repaint please it is the only photo that I can find the rego is VH-CZRI think this is the only one in Australia
    Thanks in advance guys

John
    It looks like Thundra version with bigger wheels, Im not sure. I'll think but cant promise now ...
    I found this picture also:

http://soloy.com/wp-content/uploads/...9/DSCN0567.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0567.jpg  

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No, the VH-CZR is skydive bigwheel version...

Thomas

YoYo I think the photo that I put up was before it was converted for skydiving
    I notice the skydive version has thundra wheels and only running a 3 blade prop
    but never mind any version would be great thanks

John

So looks like VH-CZR has/had two version:
    skydive bigwheel version with 3 blades and normal wheels with big door and with 5 blades.

Yes it looks that way for VH-CZR
    I don't know which came first skydive or standard

John

Downloaded earlier this week and spent three days flying the different versions offered and found this Cessna-Soloy a brilliant aircraft to fly, once trimmed out with hands off it remains an extremely stable platform and turns, landings and take-off are a delight.

Found that it helps if the aircraft is weaved slightly during taxying due to the hump in the nose which blights part of the forward view and also found that to start taxying open the throttle slightly and once the aircraft moves it is easier to use the prop lever to increase or decrease speed whilst taxying to/from the runway.

Really enjoy flying this aircraft and like to thank all of those who worked hard to release this and looking forward to many hours of enjoyable flying ahead.

Regards
    Nigel.

nice little aircraft here! Thank you!

I have an issue with the HSI though, not sure whats caused it but its stuck and wont rotate as the aircraft turns.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelhj View Post
    Downloaded earlier this week and spent three days flying the different versions offered and found this Cessna-Soloy a brilliant aircraft to fly, once trimmed out with hands off it remains an extremely stable platform and turns, landings and take-off are a delight.

Found that it helps if the aircraft is weaved slightly during taxying due to the hump in the nose which blights part of the forward view and also found that to start taxying open the throttle slightly and once the aircraft moves it is easier to use the prop lever to increase or decrease speed whilst taxying to/from the runway.

Really enjoy flying this aircraft and like to thank all of those who worked hard to release this and looking forward to many hours of enjoyable flying ahead.

Regards
    Nigel.

Im still trying to figure out how to stop the float plane version once landed. I chop throttles and put propeller pitch to zero and it still will taxi at 30 knots on water. It will only stop if I kill the fuel.

I use my mixture control as a condition lever (didn't change setting it's just what the sim uses it as) and reduce the condition to around a taxi level once landed and it stips pretty quick. Also added a little drag to the float model.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Im still trying to figure out how to stop the float plane version once landed. I chop throttles and put propeller pitch to zero and it still will taxi at 30 knots on water. It will only stop if I kill the fuel.
    Hmmm, strange, I havent problem like this. Throttle back and 10-15 knots for taxi. Sametimes I use brake (both) to slow down and you can take all control : ).

P3D v3.3 errors

I am having problems using this in p3d v3.3, I installed into my p3d system but when I start up the system (fresh start going directly to the soloy) I repeatedly get a dialog that pops up that says

Error Encountered
    MMSystem - Unspecified Error
    Full Error Code 0x88780078
    Location 10
    File

I also get a green message bar across the top that says:

[1008] ERROR: Thread: DirectSoundCreate() failed. br=0x88780078

The only thing different about my system that stock is I have a lot of ORBX scenery installed and I setup a folder outside of the base install folder where my custom aircraft are installed.

EDIT:

I just tried it in FSX, it asked if it can trust the sound guage and then gave me the same error dialog as above and FSX quit, so its not just P3D related.
    Sorry, my bad, it was my flakey sound card again that stopped working, power off, power on fixed it. Sorry for the distraction.
    Last edited by blanston12; October 8th, 2016 at 09:54.

Ok, near done, I decided to do standard version. Please notice the new prop textures 5 blades propeler.

Edited by PRB

Edited by PRB

Members who have read this thread: 1