Fifi story

Thread: Fifi story

Fifi story

Last friday,i was on the phone with a guy who was going to deliver my new adjustable bed platform,i heard the sound of "heavy" radial engines,and told him "some thing wicked this way comes" and dropped the phone to "hurry" ,well as fast as a fatman with a messed up back can,to the back slider and outside to look up and see the belly of fifi as she made a slow and low pass over my house.we have a lot of trees here,so i didnt get to see her for long,but boy what a sight and sound!!

the bad part?...for an hour afterwards,the neighbors who were home were all knocking on the door and asking "what the heck was that plane??"...they all know im kind of a kook about planes n things ,and that i carry a scanner where ever i go.yesterday mom and i ended up at a local home show,i have the "safety" flag pole with a telescopic scanner antenna mounted on the top,people would stop me and ask if i had a CB or ham radio with me,and would be dissapointed when i said it was "just a scanner"..lol.

Love it when that happens! Never had it happen with a B-29 though... Good stuff!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

It's even better when you go for the ride!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001_23.jpg   0001_20.jpg   0001_10.jpg   0001_14.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I live in Lake Charles,La. Quite a while back she came here. I got to go inside but could not afford to fly though. Brought my book with her in it and got several autographs . One by a man who fought in the BoB and later for USAAF during WWII . Got to watch the B-29 take off and the smell and sounds i still remember.

Members who have read this thread: 0