FSX native Reggiane Re2000 released at IS4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX native Reggiane Re2000 released at IS4G

FSX native Reggiane Re2000 released at IS4G

Nope.

But swap the F for a P and you get closer to the truth.

Corrado
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Re2000_03.jpg  

Re.2000, inspired by the P-35. Great design compared to other italian fighters from the early 40s, but with an unrealiable engine and, as usual, quite underarmed. Was the bases for further developments that culimated in the best italian fighter of WW2, the Re.2005.

Oh my, Beautiful! I hope this model reaches fruition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great news! I can't help it, but WWII fighters are really my favourites!

Huub

Very nice! Or Heja if you talk with a Hungarian :-) (Their name for the Re.2000)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Yep!

I have started with the Catapult variant, used by Regia Aerinautica in a similar way to the CAM (Catapult Aircraft Merchantman) Hurricanes.
    External model is progressing, VC will follow and, last but not least, the model for the mother-ship, seaplane tender G.Miraglia.

The landing gear is there, just locked up because that was the case for catapult launch.
    Under belly a typical italian weapon, the Spezzoniera Nardi; full tacpack capability included.

Virtual cockpit is progressing nicely ...

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsOkEoZddLQEhlvQ1R3pVEaV_Bmg

I have been having company ...
    Thanks to Manuele Villa that helped in shaping up the panel and historical research
    Thanks to Rob Barendregt that has made a custom set of gauges for the catapult launch

but I might need help again; anyone willing to

- beta test the package
    - repaint in swedish/hungarian colors

there are plenty of nice schemes for this airplane.

Corrado

...doesn't look like an F-35 to me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    It does if you squint......

Corrado, since the Re.2000 is so close to the original Seversky P-35, what are the chances you could do an updated P-35 at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Corrado, since the Re.2000 is so close to the original Seversky P-35, what are the chances you could do an updated P-35 at a later date?
    Slim.

How proficient are you with Gmax? I could send you the source code to mod.

Main problem would be the virtual cockpit that is completely different.
    Please find here, https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsOkEoZddLQEhlvQ1R3pVEaV_Bmg
    the last beta. Gauges are entirely in italian, and historically accurate, can't be reused as is.

Corrado

Following with interest. Great looking aircraft and model of the prototype. Am I right in understanding this to be an fsx native model and you will be able to catapult launch from a ship? Often thought it would be good to have this facility for models like Tim Conrads kingfisher. With aircraft of this type was it a case that if they had to be launched from a ship to far from a base they had to ditch in the sea near one of the ships?

Matt

FSX native, yes.

You'll launch from a very short railway on seaplane tender Giuseppe Miraglia. Added a couple shots, follow previous link.
    It was used also on italian battleships and cruisers, in a similar role to the CAM hurricanes. This was a (useless) workaround for the lack of carriers in the italian navy (Regia Marina) during wwii.
    Once completed the mission, intercept or recon, the plane was supposed to land at a mainland airport. If ditched it was lost, no recovery was planned.
    We, me and Rob, have also added a nice vapour effect during launch, mirroring the real thing.

A normal, terrestrial version is also planned.

Corrado

Blog Entries

No caro...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Infatti... somiglia il P-35 in sagoma.... Qui si parla dei vecchi tempi... certamente non il F-35!
    Sul quale tu hai fatto un magnifico modelo... complimenti... lol

Gaucho_59

I wish I could do the Hungarian and Swedish textures but the format of the textures (4096 x 4096) is too big for my computer to handle.

Sorry,
    Huub

What about shrinking them to 2048?
    At 4096 size I have only a few, mostly they are 1024.

If you feel like trying I'll send you a proper paintkit.

Corrado

I have some very good reference sources on the Hungarian Re 2000. I'm a bit busy right now, but I would love to paint it up in Hungarian colors when time permit.
    And 4096, no problem :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I hadn't realized there was a link above where you could download a beta... Do you want any feedback here or in private by say p.m.? Only had a little time on it so far but loving it Corrado.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I think the P35 would be a complete new model, had a browse through my old issues of of Air Enthusiast and the RE2000 is far more sleek than 'Old Humpy'.
    Squint?
    How about closing your eyes instead.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    I hadn't realized there was a link above where you could download a beta... Do you want any feedback here or in private by say p.m.? Only had a little time on it so far but loving it Corrado.

Matt
    Yes, please. P.M. is good. Last version is v07.

Great that was one I installed. Ill try and find some time to fly it tonight and then p.m. maybe tomorrow with some feedback.

Matt

PM Sent some feedback as promised Corrado... hope it helps.

Matt

Reggiane is ready

The Reggiane is ready to takeoff at IS4G.

This has been in many ways a team effort.

Matthew Ivey gave me some invaluable insights during beta testing.
    Rob Barendregt made a custom gauge for catapult launch, I think one of his finest.
    Manuele Villa greatly helped in historical research and shaping up of the panel.

A catapult launch mission from Regia Nave Miraglia is included; a bit tricky at first but pretty easy in the end; in the case you manage not to splash an opportunity will arise to intercept some (Virtavia) Blenheims.
    The real plane, once completed the mission, intercept or recon, couldn’t be rescued and had to find its way to a mainland airport.
    Terrestrial version (sand-green-brown camo) wears some interesting weapons, including the Spezzoniera Nardi, tacpack enabled with just minor limitations.

Happy flyings,
    Corrado
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Re2000_23.jpg   Re2000_24.jpg   Re2000_25.jpg  
    Last edited by Corrado5834; October 30th, 2016 at 05:03. Reason: misspelling

Catapult launch

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Re2000_19.jpg   Re2000_21.jpg   Re2000_18.jpg  

Hi Corrado

thanks for a great new model for FSX and your patience with my suggestions.

BTW your English is superb but FYI...

"Unvaluable" means without value/ useless
    "invaluable" means of great value/useful

don't ask me to explain why... the English language is a funny thing. Don't worry we understood what you where meaning to say

Matt

Did this thread want renaming and making a sticky... I certainly would not have wanted to miss out on this great freeware release.

Members who have read this thread: 1