Kingfisher - OMG

Thread: Kingfisher - OMG

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I'm just going to leave this right here...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFz8GAmNq1o
    Nice work and fantastic skill. Id like to see Kingfisher for FSX/P3D. The last was from Piglet I think years ago ....

(or Helldiver).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for sharing the video Heywood, a really amazing model.

YoYo, I still fly Piglet's Kingfisher quite often. Perhaps its getting a bit dated, but still a nice and easy flyer to explore some the beautiful Pacific scenery!

Cheers,
    Huub

Beauty !
    It needs to be refreshed one day ... (VC) .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I agree on all counts..the aluminum scale model in the vid represents exquisite craftsmanship..we could use a current standards FSX P3D Kingfisher and Piglets is still more than serviceable with Tim having been first to recognize the enthusiasm folks in the community have for this iconic seaplane.

Henry William did alot of nice repaints/liveries for the Kingfisher, think they are available here in the SOH library. Mike

Has anyone converted Piglet's excellent Kingfisher to FSX native?

No idea but I'll check who did this FSX conversion of Tim's Kingfisher.
    I don't use FSX anymore but P3Dv3 is my 'FSX' replacement for 32bit subjects.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The FSX conversion one done by Tim Conrad is in the library here (If that is what you are looking for)

FSX SP-2 OS2U KINGFISHER PACK FSX rebuild of my earlier OS2U Kingfisher releases. Includes both float and wheeled versions, with improved VC's,and new XML gauges. Built with the FSX SP-2 SDK, but NOT tested in Vista/DX10.

by piglet (2007-12-28 03:57:37)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=10056

I've run Tim's FSX OS2U in Vista/DX10. It goes just fine.

Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video Heywood, a really amazing model.

YoYo, I still fly Piglet's Kingfisher quite often. Perhaps its getting a bit dated, but still a nice and easy flyer to explore some the beautiful Pacific scenery!

Cheers,
    Huub
    I used to use Photobucket for image hosting too but I use mediafire now because even in their free version you don't get those annoying banners from Photobucket across your beautiful screenshots. Photobucket started out good and now is corrupted IMO. Just a comment.

1943 paint

Huub Would you share where you got your nice 1943-45 repaint with star and bar roundels? Looks really good color delineation and all.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Huub Would you share where you got your nice 1943-45 repaint with star and bar roundels? Looks really good color delineation and all.
    Richard,

You mean this one?

If so, I have that one.

EDIT

FSX SP-2 OS2U KINGFISHER PACK
    FSX rebuild of my earlier OS2U Kingfisher releases.

Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I used to use Photobucket for image hosting too but I use mediafire now because even in their free version you don't get those annoying banners from Photobucket across your beautiful screenshots. Photobucket started out good and now is corrupted IMO. Just a comment.
    I use https://postimages.org/

for images. I also have mediafire but didn't know about they do images too.

Thanks, guys. On my search I found the FS9 version and I didn't realize Tim had updated it for FSX.

Man, I miss him around the forums, and his awesome contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Thanks, guys. On my search I found the FS9 version and I didn't realize Tim had updated it for FSX.

Man, I miss him around the forums, and his awesome contributions.
    FSX SP-2 OS2U KINGFISHER PACK FSX rebuild

Get it here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=10056

Members who have read this thread: 1