A2A L-049 Constellation preview
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A2A L-049 Constellation preview

A2A L-049 Constellation preview

Soon or not soon yet ?

Btw. September for release was always good for A2A as I remember ....

This version is my favorite from all versions of Connie.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks great... Typically not my thing but thanks to the freeware C-47 that came out recently I'm quite interested in this!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Can't look at an -049 without thinking of John Howard White. Amazing feller, that screen reminds me of him. He foresaw everything that was going to happen in modelling, too bad he didnt have more time to create.

Great looking bird...love that real looking aluminum!

Looking good and if it's in Beta, it can't be terribly far off from release. I first wasn't keen on the model being a short nose variant but with it being loaded up with Accusim, it'll be very hard to resist. To be honest, I'm looking for a more challenging break from the typical high end FMS laden jet tubeliners. The systems flows on 4 radials of this magnitude ought to keep one wide awake as opposed to the automated monotony of the former mentioned.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

This version is my favorite from all versions of Connie.
    Mine as well. Looking forward to this.

A2A sure makes good stuff!!

Sold

Ive been hanging out for a connie

I know I'll get hate email for saying this.., but in my mind the short nosed Constellation just looks ugly.. It looks so blunt and out of proportions. I find the radar nosed models looking much better.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

H.Huges in Star of California:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I know I'll get hate email for saying this.., but in my mind the short nosed Constellation just looks ugly.. It looks so blunt and out of proportions. I find the radar nosed models looking much better.
    Actually, I agree with you. I also think the wingtip tanks of the later model make it look more pleasing aesthetically. My personal favourite is the EC-121.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Not ugly but the long nose is much more elegant. Like the ec-121.

nice job though

Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    Can't look at an -049 without thinking of John Howard White. Amazing feller, that screen reminds me of him. He foresaw everything that was going to happen in modelling, too bad he didnt have more time to create.

I agree Sir. JHW was a good friend, an amazing talent. I remember when he first posted his project at CalClassic. The -049 was 250,000 polys and looked awesome. Then, we had to break the news that there were poly limits for FS9 aircraft. :-)

I have his -049 and still fly it on occasion.

I look forward to the A2A release bringing the -049 to today's standards. Well done!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I used to agree. I love stretched narrowbodies - grew up watching DC-8-61's, and the 757 was a great successor. Something about those long lines contrasted with a narrow wingspan just looks right. But the more I look at the early Connies, the more I'm beginning to like them. The compound curve of the fuselage looks organic somehow. The stretched versions are more like, well, tubes. Or it could be that I'm just rationalizing because I'll take any Connie they serve up...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Not sure if it's possible or not but a simulation of the old LFRR (Low Frequency Radio Range) Navigation would be awesome. I guess it could be emulated with the VOR/ADF frequencies to a degree?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's a bit of a (literal) strech, but as a Connie is still a Connie:

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Not sure if it's possible or not but a simulation of the old LFRR (Low Frequency Radio Range) Navigation would be awesome. I guess it could be emulated with the VOR/ADF frequencies to a degree?
    http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads...-state.436476/

I hope he's still working on it.

There's also DC3 Airways' implementation, but they don't mention how it works on the web page. Also looks like it's FS9 only.
    http://dc3airways.com/our_fleet/radi...adio_range.htm

Can not wait to get this beauty in my hangar, and it is second best on my all time favorite aircraft, beaten only by the DC-2/3.

Gonna be a beating on m y wallet, these coming months, with the expected release of this bird and the:
    PMDG 747 and DC-6B for FSX.

Vintage aircraft certainly have had a good share of development this year.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

That Arthur Godfrey video was GREAT! I have seen parts of it before, but had not seen the parts with Eddie Rickenbacker in it. First time I got to hear him speak. That was awesome.

Thanks for posting that!

E

I agree - awesome video!

What was the "silver falcon" they were referring too? What aircraft is that?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I agree - awesome video!

Eastern flew a 'Silver Falcon Service' for want of a better explanation, rather like Pan Am's 'Clippers' and (IIRC) United's 'Mainliners', just marketing hype.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Martin 404's I suspect (or maybe/ or later on also Convairs?).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . used on their shorter/medium/smaller routes to upgrade or supplement DC-3's . .

http://www.marylmartin.com/wp-conten.../20/339874.jpg
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Speaking of Connies, I've been flying this beauty (Manfred's) the last few days between Miami and Orlando. IMHO, this is one of most attractive paint schemes ever. Had to do a few FDE tweaks for too much trim and a few other minor things but all in all a fun ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eastern airlines2a.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	43153

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Just saying...the Connie imho is the most beautiful prop liner ever made. The Bristol Britannia a close second.

Members who have read this thread: 0