Price reduction on DTG Flight School $10

Thread: Price reduction on DTG Flight School $10

Blog Entries

Price reduction on DTG Flight School $10

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441920/

To be really honest you either like it or dislike it...there does not seem to be an inbetween. I cannot say that it is for anyone that has lots of flight simulator experience. It is a full world simulator but the emphasis is on flight training and does not cover flight dynamics all that well, it is more about order of operations.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    How can anyone complain, you're getting a full world flight sim for less than the price of a an add-on? I think Dovetail games needs applauding for even attempting to build a new, from the ground up fight simulator without Microsoft's resources.

Ian

Blog Entries
    Last word I heard is that the new non-FSX simulator is now due after the first of year...no explanation. I'm sure they have realized all the obstacles that come with starting from the ground up to build a new 64 bit simulation. Even X-Plane, which is in constant on-going development has issues still not addressed after all these years.
    Ted

My understanding is that it is not "from the ground up"? That it is still at its core based on the ESP code base? I have no programming background so please excuse the ineptitude, but I was under the impression that although the GUI will be different, graphics enhancements, 64 bit etc. That it was still based on the entertainment license side of the MS ESP/FSX engine? Or is that completely bogus on my part?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Rick it depends on you ask. One side of the house wanted to use a German developed graphics generator program and build from that, but I suspect you are correct in that they realized what a massive project that would be and they do have licensing to use the ESP based system for flightsimming. It will not be compatible with current aircraft or scenery however in the strictest sense of the word. I guess we will have to wait and see who won the argument. Even the guys I am friends with are not talking. I do know that they took on more than they wanted to. DTG's business has always been in license acquisitions not development...
    Ted

Members who have read this thread: 0