Aeroplane Heaven – Javelin Gloster FAW9 preview
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven – Javelin Gloster FAW9 preview

Aeroplane Heaven – Javelin Gloster FAW9 preview

Interesting news!

So we decided to make ... another Gloster. Work in progress hence the blacked out cockpit. To get some of the questions out of the way.
    1. FAW9 with the British radar.
    2. "That" livery will be done.
    3. No tacpack functionality.
    4. The other projects we have on are progressing nicely.
    5. Yes we listened to Kenny Loggins exclusively during most of the build.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Another overlooked 'Early' RAF fighter, great to see.

BTW, was that 'Welcome My friends To The Show That Never Ends' .......?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It's actually called the Gloster Javelin, from the manufacturer of the Gladiator and the Meteor, amongst others. One of my favourite jets from that era (I used to have a metal scale model of it) so I'm looking forward to it!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Be nice to get an updated version of this Brit classic.

As much as I like to see some oddballs in the sim, I have the faint feeling that there won't be much of a market for this bird lest it comes with some features that would truly make it special (see A2A Stratocruiser).

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    As much as I like to see some oddballs in the sim, I have the faint feeling that there won't be much of a market for this bird lest it comes with some features that would truly make it special (see A2A Stratocruiser).
    That's ok Bjoern. As sentient beings who like aircraft sometimes we make/develop things just for the giggles see the Mitsubishi zero and the Miles. We thank you for your concern and advice.

This will be in my new hanger (PC)!

After the Meteor, this will be a very interesting one, you do have to like the very interesting, what we need now is an RAF base or maybe a 1950/60's Farnborough scenery to display the types

Out and In..!

When this one comes 'Out', I will for-sure be 'In' ! .......The Javelin is true 'old-time heavy-metal' and that's good enough for me, no matter how 'interesting' or 'un-interesting' it may seem. She's on the Bucket-list !!

Walt
    Fly high...Punch holes in the Sky!

All these 50's and 60's jets were important steps in aviation history. The Javelin took over from the Meteor as the RAF's front-line fighter. These were the Spitfires of their day. We love them all.

Please continue to do the 'oddball' aircraft! There are enough Cessnas and P-51s.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Points 2 and 5 need more clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    These were the Spitfires of their day.
    In so far that the Javelin was an RAF fighter, I'd agree, but the similarity ends there. The RAF elders of my family weren't very impressed with the aircraft. That said, it's something different and quite interesting, and may well be my first A.H. purchase. Well done on your choice of subject - it looks very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    That's ok Bjoern. As sentient beings who like aircraft sometimes we make/develop things just for the giggles see the Mitsubishi zero and the Miles. We thank you for your concern and advice.
    Well, if money ain't an issue, develop away!

With that said....please make your next giggle fest centered around either BAC 221 or TSR2. although if $$ is or isn't a problem, I think the TSR2 would fetch you $$.

This one looks great BTW. Fine choice.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Interesting plane! Will the deep stall characteristics due to the delta-T-tail configuration be represented in the FM?<o></o>

Looks like it. At least we are getting all sorts of interesting challenges, programming the flight dynamics right now!

Not everything a person/company does has to be about the biggest returns. In this case it's closer to a personal project that we just wanted to do and hope that other people like it. I think most modellers have that folder (or 4! ) of projects, which whilst might not be a super commercial success, they just want to make one.

Point clarification for the fellow who wanted it.
    Point 2 :
    That livery is the redwhite XH897 which features on the cover of scale aviation modeler magazine october 2003.

Point 5 :
    It's not an f14 but it certainly puts you in the mind of a maverick who lives in a dangerous zone

Oh and dont think that the British cornered the market with oddball aircraft. Our American cousins had some interesting stuff as well.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Not everything a person/company does has to be about the biggest returns.
    Try telling that to ORBX.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Not everything a person/company does has to be about the biggest returns.

Try telling that to ORBX.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Point clarification for the fellow who wanted it.
    Point 2 :
    That livery is the redwhite XH897 which features on the cover of scale aviation modeler magazine october 2003.
    This is the scheme, for those who want to view it.

More power to those who want to take a chance on developing aircraft like these. I'll buy it, at least.

Dave

Not everything a person/company does has to be about the biggest returns. In this case it's closer to a personal project that we just wanted to do and hope that other people like it. I think most modellers have that folder (or 4! ) of projects, which whilst might not be a super commercial success, they just want to make one. Point clarification for the fellow who wanted it. Point 2 : That livery is the redwhite XH897 which features on the cover of scale aviation modeler magazine october 2003. Point 5 : It's not an f14 but it certainly puts you in the mind of a maverick who lives in a dangerous zone Oh and dont think that the British cornered the market with oddball aircraft. Our American cousins had some interesting stuff as well.
    Thank you for the info. Yeap, nice livery.

Wow. Very nice. I'm more than ready and excited for this one.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Wow. Very nice. I'm more than ready and excited for this one.
    Jock , It really has that look, you gotta love these even for the design its so 'THUNDERBIRDS' .. not the USAF display team .. Gerry and Sylvia Anderson'S TV show of the 1960's

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Jock , It really has that look, you gotta love these even for the design its so 'THUNDERBIRDS' .. not the USAF display team .. Gerry and Sylvia Anderson'S TV show of the 1960's
    Ah, yes..

Just so happens I'm reading about the Gloster Javelin at the moment. My second read of "Jet Jockeys - Flying the RAF's first jet fighters" by Peter Caygill. First chapter was on the Meteor and the last chapter on the Javelin. Very fascinating perspective on the technical and flight history from pilots of the era.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 2