Aeroplane Heaven – Javelin Gloster FAW9 preview - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven – Javelin Gloster FAW9 preview

Ever consider doing an Me-262? It's right up your alley! I'd buy the 2 pack of Meteor and 262! the only 262 is now pretty aged. Even with the most recent update.Ok so honestly there's actually 2 aircraft I woukd love to see your team produce. 262 and/or an F-86D/L. I think you would do them justice!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Already have Virtavia's, but this one looks like it has a bit more finesse. If the cockpit is like the F3F and B-17, I will enjoy it much more! (Will it also be a bit more procedure based as far as getting it up and running like your F3F?) I read in a thread that you guys were also working on some T-bird Lightnings? Is that true and if so are they still in the works? Would like to round out the Lightning hangar!

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Ever consider doing an Me-262? It's right up your alley! I'd buy the 2 pack of Meteor and 262! the only 262 is now pretty aged. Even with the most recent update.Ok so honestly there's actually 2 aircraft I woukd love to see your team produce. 262 and/or an F-86D/L. I think you would do them justice!
    YES!! A Saberdog! Awesome idea!

Or if you want to stick with classic British, the Hunter would be fantastic! LOL
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Can we stay on topic?? This topic is about the upcoming Javelin which I'm sure that AH has already spent a lot of time developing. They are not going to change to the Saber or Hunter, and if they do they'll likely let us know. Sheesh...
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Can we stay on topic?? This topic is about the upcoming Javelin which I'm sure that AH has already spent a lot of time developing. They are not going to change to the Saber or Hunter, and if they do they'll likely let us know. Sheesh...
    Agreed. . .amazing how quickly things can get off-topic once someone "wishes" they'd do something other than what the original post was about. If you want to talk about those wishes, start a new thread.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sorry guys! Got us of track....but, I did use the angel emoji! Also, I was not suggesting they scrap the project. I think we need more of these kinds of aircraft! Lesser done types. It's refreshing to see a developer taking a chance on the non Mustang Cessna piper....
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I finished the book I mentioned in my earlier post (#25). Quite fascinating to read about the evolution and quirks on various British aircraft from the Meteor to the Javelin. And yes there are chapters on other types as well including the Hunter and early Sabers. With each type the pilots had to adapt to different flying and interception techniques, especially when trying to intercept Canberras and Vulcans. Anyways, the book helps put in perspective the varying flight dynamics the FS developers are attempting to incorporate in their releases.

At the moment I'm hoping we might get an update on the Javelin and any VC screenshots.
    -- WH

OT - A Javelin Tale...!

I remember as an Air Cadet spending a week at RAF Waterbeach in Cambridgeshire around 1960 or 61. There were two Hunter FGA.9 units - 1 and 54 Sqdns - and 64 Sqdn with Javelins. I got the impression they didn't like them much. I asked at a briefing how exactly they proposed to intercept supersonic Bounders. Essentially stand off to one side and fire Firestreaks at them as they shot past! They (the Javelins) had a habit of occasionally exploding when starting up, and I saw it happen. The starter cartridge fired but the turbine jammed sending the turbine shaft hurtling back through the engine. Grim!! The main spar cracked, the panelling over the engine flew off and out staggered two very shaken crew. I wonder if AH will incorporate that into the failures registry!!
    Last edited by DaveQ; October 27th, 2016 at 07:37. Reason: TAIL? A very bad senior moment!!!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Ah, but watch out, the Javelin has a sting in its' tail.... http://sussexhistoryforum.co.uk/inde...ic=9885.0;wap2

My father (a firefighter) was first on scene at this crash, aeroplane landed completely 'flat' (I have a picture somewhere)
    David Dick made a commentary of the event from 39,000ft to ejection; used to be available on the ejection history site.

ttfn

Pete

oops, double posted somehow.

Hello Bazzar,

Any more news or updates on this little gem?

She is one oddly looking aircraft but i am strangely attracted to it!?!? But then again...my favourite aircraft is the DHC-4 Caribou!

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hello Bazzar,

Any more news or updates on this little gem?

She is one oddly looking aircraft but i am strangely attracted to it!?!? But then again...my favourite aircraft is the DHC-4 Caribou!

Cheers,
    Tim.
    There's an update on the AH Facebook page - this is a good place to find developer's latest news usually
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    There's an update on the AH Facebook page - this is a good place to find developer's latest news usually
    Well slap my belly and call me FAT!!!

They have only posted something of the Javelin in the last hour on FB....nothing since September!!!

That is why I ask the question here! Thanks for being sarcastic!

No more update questions from me anymore!

Well slap my belly and call me FAT!!!

They have only posted something of the Javelin in the last hour on FB....nothing since September!!!

That is why I ask the question here! Thanks for being sarcastic!

No more update questions from me anymore!
    I wasn't being sarcastic - apologies if it came across that way.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Now before the frog chimes in..... I have just checked on Facebook, nothing mentioned since last year! So now it maybe safe to ask?

How is this project going? Any updates or has she gone to "the bone yard"?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Also, seeing as the appropriate missiles are already available will she be TacPack-ed (please please please)?!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Now before the frog chimes in..... I have just checked on Facebook, nothing mentioned since last year! So now it maybe safe to ask?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Hi
    (Just chiming in)
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Definitely not gone to the bone yard. More updates should be available soon

Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Hi
    (Just chiming in)
    GOLD!!! I like the cut of your jib

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

Martyn
    Good to hear. I was kind of wondering why there was no mention of it on the JF "In Development" page.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

Martyn
    Hmmm... Still waiting for those updates....
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hmmm... Still waiting for those updates....
    Perhaps this is what you're looking for.

https://www.justflight.com/product/j...ernaehrung004:

Members who have read this thread: 2