Spitfire Mks.VII and VIII are out! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spitfire Mks.VII and VIII are out!

Holy thread revival Batman, or something...

I've been looking at different Spitfires again (well, I do it all the time anyway) and it occurred to me that these models could be converted to PR X and PR XI quite easily, the X would only need the deeper chin cowling and the guns deleted, the XI also a curved windscreen - although the famous PL965 is flying with a fighter style cockpit and thus actually looks like a PR X.

Now, do we need PR Spitfires? Probably not. But has that ever been a problem?

I think the possibility of a PR Spitfire came up during the initial mk8 build but we had to draw the line somewhere. It looks to be a nice project but I already have more lined up than I can handle at the moment. Source is available for someone to modify though it can be a bit unwieldy since it has passed through many hands.

After watching "Dunkirk" , I too have been doing a lot of thinking on Spitfires though earlier ones.

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    ...Now, do we need PR Spitfires? Probably not. But has that ever been a problem?
    Of course we need PR aircraft!
    All my modelling efforts will some day culminate in a F5 that gives you the option of taking screenies from the camera positions which will be tied to the in-game outcome of the mission. Nothing more exiting than flying over enemy territory unarmed, hoping that only your speed and flying skills will be enough to save your skin...
    Until then, I 'll settle for any PR kite.

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

cannons

I just installed your Spits. Got them to work but have a small issue.

The cannon on the left wind fries with the machine guns, and the right wing cannon fires with the cannon button.

This issue is with all the ETO spits in this download, others work well.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0