Spitfire Mks.VII and VIII are out! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spitfire Mks.VII and VIII are out!

If it's really a trim gauge it's definitely not working as it should. The one in the Mk VIII does nothing except has the needle pointed slightly below zero all the time and the one in the Mk VII shows nearly maximum values on the ground (as also experienced by Frosty) and in the air it has something to do with the attitude of the aircraft. "Something" because I have very little idea what - in level flight it behaves as on the ground, only in a steep dive the needle begins to come down but as soon as the nose gets anywhere near the horizon it's back in the nearly maximum value. Actual elevator trim settings do nothing to change it, tried the entire range from -100.00 to 100.00.

its a trim gauge which don't work in cfs3 AFAIKT. the moving needle is a leftover from an older aircraft and was suppose to be removed or disabled.

Frosty, Dan is away for a few days. He may have the best answer to your coolant issues.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Found another one, this time in the new gun sounds. When editing the existing sounds.xml according to the instructions a new gun sound section "csj303_browning" is created. However, no sound is heard because the SJ_gb_gun_303cal_gun_trigger.xdp calls for "csj303" that doesn't exist. Nothing that a simple edit can't fix but for the less tech savvy it can be a tough one to do.

A quick look at the supplied sounds.xml reveals the same thing so I assume that it's the gun xdp that has an error in it as the sound files match.
    Hi Greycap,

good catch, it is indeed the SJ_gb_gun_303cal_gun_trigger.xdp that was calling for the wrong thing in the sound file.

For people who dont know how to change it (and cant wait LOL) I have attached the fix here, just drop the two files in to your main games guns folder and allow them to overwrite existing files.

There will be a update_patch for the Spitfires coming out soon that will fix the cockpit issues, FM changes and this fix for the guns as well. Steve has already fixed the VC issues, but it will take me a few days to edit the files into all 22 aircraft making sure I get the texture sheets called for correctly etc. (most would not notice but if you look at the oil temp gauge the cover changes colour across blue, red, yellow on various planes.)

The update will be for people who have already downloaded the spitfire set, I will have the main spitfire set updated as well and re-upload to SOH so people in the future will not need to download the patch just the two main Spitfire package files.

regards Rob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Frosty, Dan is away for a few days. He may have the best answer to your coolant issues.
    No probs, I mostly fly QC anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    its a trim gauge which don't work in cfs3 AFAIKT. the moving needle is a leftover from an older aircraft and was suppose to be removed or disabled.
    Out of curiosity: What does it react to then? I thought that animations that are mentioned in the SDK but not implemented in the final product really did nothing at all in the sim (like that beautifully animated - if I may say so myself - parking brake lever in my Chevy M6) and not 'just something else'. It must be coded as another, working gauge, for it surely reacts to lowering or raising the nose of the aircraft I just flew (only very slowly - I think I was diving at more than 50° before the needle swung below 'level').

Still another question: How much of the dynamic reticle should be visible from the standard, non-adjusted pilot view? I use TrackIR and noticed that I can see the 'pipper', some part of the 'range circle' depending on how I hold my head but nothing of the 'crosshairs' that can be found on the outside of the circle when I reviewed the .dds file. Is this recticle adjustable in flight? If so, I must have overlooked in the ReadMe how to adjust it.

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Has anybody noticed the boost gauge on MT634, which is the only one I've flown so far? It's 180 degrees or so off, in that it indicates maximum boost when it's actually minimum. 0 psi is pointing straight down according to the mouse reading.

On a positive note, the sounds and effects are excellent, as are the visual models and skins. Great job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Coolant: yes, the temps will continue to climb - it was a workaround to allow it to over temp at all, and I didn't anticipate many people wanting to restart their engine after landing. The idea was to make you think and fly a little more like a real pilot and watch those gauges, but it does have its limitations.

The dynamic reticle is set up to be the correct mil size, so that it can be used for ranging (117 mil) iirc. This does mean it is a bit big for the glass until you lean in a bit. The ring itself is not adjustable, but the horizontal bar is.

SOH-CM-2020

Thanks

Thanks to modellers, skinners, Rob, Gecko and all who worked their magic on this package.

The bar is incredibly high here.

Hi All,

The patch for the original set has been uploaded for people who downloaded the original set. And an updated complete package has also been uploaded for people who have not got the Spitfires yet.

There under CFS3 aircraft- British.

There will be another upload soon, with some new aircraft for the SAAF, set up for MAW.

regards Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post

There will be another upload soon, with some new aircraft for the SAAF, set up for MAW.

regards Rob.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    OK, the patch is up now, but the new, full, replacement packs are not.

Hi Nigel.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

The full packs will be online very soon, if not already: Rami is on the case.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Just to let you know, there's a chassis lock warning label on the left wall of the cockpit that has it's text mirror imaged (reused texture patch from the right wall). I don't know if it's a new issue with the just released patch, or has always been like that.

Also, I had to add an all black spitfire_M8_c1.+sr.dds file to the SJ_spits_shared folder to prevent the dash panel from being overly reflective with AnKor's shaders turned on.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; September 22nd, 2016 at 19:50.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The Ankor compatible version I am working on will address the shine issue.

Downloading now, I'll have to install CFS3 on my new computer soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Hopeful that i may get the Spitfires installed correctly but the install is above my pay grade as i don't know how to use a text editor other than the standard notepad. Looks like i'll sit this one out. Sad news to say the least. The most complicated aircraft install i've ever seen for CFS3.

Hi SixStrings,

The package includes the files in an already edited state if you do not feel comfortable editing them yourself. (standard notepad is what I use to do all my edits in, for the xml files just right click and go open with then select notepad)
    the files included are based off ETO-1.50 files and will work in all installs. By using the supplied files your basically just dragging and dropping to the various folders in your game.

I refuse to allow you to sit this one out PM me and I'll work through it with you.

regards Rob.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Sir. Will give it a shot for sure tomorrow . Always back up original files certainly . Really want this to work out. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Got it installed and all i can say is WOW!! Great job and thanks to all involved to bring us this wonderful Spitfire pack.Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Got it installed and all i can say is WOW!! Great job and thanks to all involved to bring us this wonderful Spitfire pack.Regards,Scott
    Hi Scott, glad you got it sorted mate, it had been a while, I was actually contemplating doing a partial re-release with selected planes from the pack edited to work with stock effects sounds and weapons, to give you a taste of what you were missing out on (as a incentive to not give up just yet), but as you have it worked out I'll skip that.

regards Rob.

Blog Entries

Great Spitfire !!!

Been flying the new Spitfires in my ETO install for hours and found it totally a blast in hard settings. Able to tear up some Me 109's and the dreaded Fw-190 series,even the Fw-190D. To me it seems to out handle the Mustang at proper altitude . Love the new sounds and effects. This series is even better than most payware for CFS3. Thanks to all involved for this wonderful Spitfire series. Was a little intimidating editing the sound and effect xml's as i also have the new Me 163 and the files had been modded to install it. In MAW and PTO-Solomons can the preload file be replaced or does it have to be edited ? If so what text editor should be used ? A link would be great. Can the sounds and effects xml's simply be replaced with those provided with the Spitfire install or do they need to be edited ? Thanks for any help.

Glad you are enjoying it Scott. Any text editor will do, I use notepad. Rob would be better able to answer about the xmls, if he's around.

By the way, has anyone gotten badly shot up in it yet? If not, you're in for some excitement.

Also, the Ankor package will be released once John has the SAAF aircraft ready.

Blog Entries
    Those Merlin engines sure have a lot of oil !! Watch those engine temps too.One of the best aircraft for CFS3. Raises the bar as to what can be done in CFS3. Thanks a million !!

Members who have read this thread: 0