P3D v3 Close Encounters!

Thread: P3D v3 Close Encounters!

P3D v3 Close Encounters!

Just for fun and thanks for watching! Click on YouTube and watch fullscreen if you wish!

Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Very nice...what scenery?
    Thanks

The beginning is stock P3D and the water textures are a combination of REX Texture Direct and REX Essentials Plus.
    The landing is at the very difficult FlyTampa's Saint Barths.
    Thank you for watching and the nice comment!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Very good and beautifull combination and that airport must be difficult to land...never heard of it before...
    Regards

Great video! Showing a lot of P3D goodies.

Can you share which exact combination of textures you are using for the water? I have both REX 3 and 4. The main advantage of using REX textures is the fact that REX textures avoid the tiling effect that you get with default textures when you have water at ultra. However, the hue of the REX4 textures are "too blue" imho. They may look good in the Caribbean or parts of the Mediterranean but not elsewhere. In REX 3 you could control the hue of the textures but the resulting ones had too pronounced "baked" wave ripples that do not look good in P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Great video! Showing a lot of P3D goodies.

Can you share which exact combination of textures you are using for the water? I have both REX 3 and 4. The main advantage of using REX textures is the fact that REX textures avoid the tiling effect that you get with default textures when you have water at ultra. However, the hue of the REX4 textures are "too blue" imho. They may look good in the Caribbean or parts of the Mediterranean but not elsewhere. In REX 3 you could control the hue of the textures but the resulting ones had too pronounced "baked" wave ripples that do not look good in P3D.
    Thank you for watching and the compliment!

I alternate between high and ultra for water. The video settings are water high. Rex 4 Texture Direct wave animations only and I'm not sure for the video...constantly experimenting!

Below are my REX 3 Essential Plus OD settings.

Safe skies!

Thanks! I may try those REX 3 colors.

Nice vid. Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice vid. Crg!
    Thanks YoYo.
    Cool website and nice vids yourself!

Members who have read this thread: 0