DC-3 N21728 North Central.zip

Thread: DC-3 N21728 North Central.zip

DC-3 N21728 North Central.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian prop skins

Description: Old 728 had a long and distinguished career and now resides in the Henry Ford Museum, in Dearborn, Michigan. V3 of Manfred Jahn's C-47

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DC-3 N21728 North Central.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

You're my hero, Ron! Absolutely gorgeous, finally someone has made Ship 728, which Donald Douglas personally decorated with a plaque for unprecedented service time of a DC-3! Thanks a lot, and carry on! Maybe you could also make the prior red feathering?

Best regards,
    Christian

Ron,

You are the man! THANK YOU!
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by paulopp View Post
    You're my hero, Ron! Absolutely gorgeous, finally someone has made Ship 728, which Donald Douglas personally decorated with a plaque for unprecedented service time of a DC-3! Thanks a lot, and carry on! Maybe you could also make the prior red feathering?

Best regards,
    Christian
    A hero eh? I don't think I qualify for that title but thanks. 'Prior red feathering'? What's that?

Glad you asked! Have a look at this NCA dedication website with some more "featherings"=paint schemes.

http://hermantheduck.org/pages/aircraft%20section%20pages/paintschemes1.html

Here's the "modern" feathering of 728 it wore when Mr. Douglas dedicated the plaque (find the story there, too):

http://hermantheduck.org/pages/aircr...dern%20feather

Thanks again for your great work!

Best regards,
    Christian

Interesting. If nobody else does it, I may well revisit the DC-3 but right now I'm trying something else. Strangely, the version I've done isn't on that list of liveries. Why would that be?

Ron,
    I am pretty sure that your version is/was the final example of Paint Scheme worn on the DC-3 at North Central. (67-69) The earlier Feathered versions were wonderfully stylized schemes. True to the era of Local-Service carriers as the Airlines began to branch out and 'connect' the United States. North Central was a Wonderful airline in its day. I miss the "flavor" and the people those airlines had back then. Deregulation killed them all, and ol' Herman was swallowed-up by Northwest. Gone...but not forgotten.

Beautiful paint, Ron. Thanks so much. Especially appreciated by those of use in the service area (in this case Madison, WI). I have seen the iconic photo of the NC DC-3 flying over Madison many times.

Bill

Thanks for that Mustang. On reflection, I will do the feathered version. Watch this space.

Members who have read this thread: 0