B-47E Stratojet version 2 available now

Thread: B-47E Stratojet version 2 available now

B-47E Stratojet version 2 available now

From Virtavia's Website.......

B-47E Stratojet version 2 available now.

The B-47E has been remastered for FSX and FSX SE and now has several additions and improvements :

Speed Hold now works correctly.
    Added flap extender screws.
    Outboard flaps now operate correctly as flaperons.
    Improved toggle switches.
    More efficient starter switches.
    New detailed and togglable pilot figures.
    Copilot figure has periodic animation.
    Undercarriage droops correctly when unloaded.
    Fixed missing smoke trails.
    Seat textures improved.
    Scratchy VC glass effect removed.
    Removed spec shine from bomb bay.
    Amendments to checklist.
    User manual now included.
    Updated paintkit.

Your vendor should alert you to the new installer file, if not then it may appear in your account area at your vendor's site. The original version must be uninstalled first. The update is only for FSX regular and FSX Steam Edition versions. If you purchased the B-47 from AlphaSim, please contact us by e-mail for a time-limited link (proof of purchase will be required although regulars will likely be recognised by their name if docs are no longer available).
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I installed the new v2 package (Available already in simmarket), but there are no liveries. Only blank metal model for the 3 variants. Is this correct?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

again too bad if you bought from the old alphasim store

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    again too bad if you bought from the old alphasim store
    If you purchased the B-47 from AlphaSim, please contact us by e-mail for a time-limited link (proof of purchase will be required although regulars will likely be recognised by their name if docs are no longer available).
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    I installed the new v2 package (Available already in simmarket), but there are no liveries. Only blank metal model for the 3 variants. Is this correct?
    Perhaps intentional but that sounds like the version for Steam was sent to them by mistake.
    Steam versions have no markings (not even national insignia). Checking with Phil.

Thanks mr. Frank
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

I picked up V.2 directly from Phil due to my 2007 AlphaSim purchase.

There are three folders, one for each model. Only one texture shared by all three models.

My 2007 version came with only two folders. The first folder shared two models, one with tanks and one without. The second folder has the RATO version. So the newer Version 2.0 is consistent only that they separated the models for the clean and long range models.

Saying that my older version has some addon textures. I'm going to assume that they will work with Version 2.0 despite being in bmp format.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks mr. Frank
    Small mixup due to how files are uploaded to simMarket.
    Correct file is in their hands now and should be available sometime tomorrow.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Does this version include the approach and landing chutes?

The Version on the Flightsim Store seems to be the old one!? The installer has 93,3MB but all files are with the date from 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Small mixup due to how files are uploaded to simMarket.
    Correct file is in their hands now and should be available sometime tomorrow.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Good News! I hope to pick it up this weekend....

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Well worth getting the update. Thank you, Virtavia.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Even though I could not produce the sales receipt, I could provide enough information about my acquisition of the original B-47 and Phil sent me the link. Very good service. <o></o>

Wow Paul K, what paint is that? Thanks.
    (Simmarket.com has v2 but until now, with no paints, only with metal models, just tested.)

Flaviossa, the repaint is by Pierre Lheureux. The file name is 'texture.oms_273671.zip' and can be found in the Avsim library. He also did two Canadian-themed repaints for the B-47, again, available at Avsim. While we are on the topic of paint schemes for this updated Stratojet, I notice the default paint scheme for the Long Range model has no national insignia on the fuselage.

Are full reflections enabled? Would be a pity if not. Just a small request to ALL developers. Even if the majority of repaints are dull luster etc. You should still enable the use of full reflection and specular, and if it's not a predominantly bare metal airplane you should definitely enable either reflection or specular with fresnel at a minimum. Too many models are severely limited in their final appearance because the new FSX features are not enabled. Just my .02 cents!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks a lot Paul

Wow Paul K, what paint is that? Thanks.
    (Simmarket.com has v2 but until now, with no paints, only with metal models, just tested.)
    Not sure I understand......

I downloaded V2 from Simmarket yesterday. It has one (1) paint scheme that is shared among the three models. It is located in the following folder:

.....Virtavia B-47 Stratojet\textured.shared

The file I downloaded is:

Virtavia_B-47E_Stratojet_FSX_v2.msi (36,499 KB)

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

That´s it. This paint scheme is the only one a vailable and represents a bare metal one for the tree models. The old model had more paint schemes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I downloaded the same file. If you bought the B-47 for FS9, strain the FS9 textures through DXT.BMP and "upgun" them from FS9 .bmp dimensions to FSX .dds dimensions, and they'll all work fine. Just pay attention to the models when you go to the FS9 .cfg file to move them to the FSX cfg, change when necessary, and everything should transfer over fine (of course, if you're moving from FS9 to FSX; I don't know if this would work w/P3D). Many thanks again to Virtavia for this excellent updated model!!

This bird flies beautifully and is a joy to handle. You've got to land it through a letterbox slot, just like the real thing. It's a pity more texture artists didn't devote their talents to this aircraft. Yes, many of the SAC B-47s did not have the star and bar on the fuselage. If I remember correctly, that came off at about the same time the nuclear anti-flash paint went on the entire underside of the aircraft, including the bottom of the engine nacelles. No national insignia/"USAF" on the bottom of the wings, either. There's some room for expansion in this aircraft as well, a slight lengthening of the nose and camera ports in the right spot will result in an RB-47E; a bulged bomb bay and a few extra antennae will result in an EB-47E. Both were recon/ferret aircraft used in extremely hazardous overflights of the Soviet Union in the 1950s.

Thanks a lot Paul
    You're very welcome. When you install this paint scheme, copy the texture.cfg from the default paint into this one, otherwise the pilots heads will be black blobs, and the seats in the VC equally black.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Are full reflections enabled? Would be a pity if not.
    Rick, are you referring to the picture I posted ? If so, the answer is...I'm not sure - I'll have to go back and see to what degree P3Dv3 dynamic reflections are enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Rick, are you referring to the picture I posted ? If so, the answer is...I'm not sure - I'll have to go back and see to what degree P3Dv3 dynamic reflections are enabled.
    Paul K, do the textures have an alpha layer? Or is it white? If they do can you change it to dark grey and tell me if reflectuons can be seen? You can turn dynamic reflections off for this test.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Rick, I think it might be better if you downloaded the repaint and have a look. The file name is given in my post above, and is at Avsim. I've tried opening a few of the textures in Photoshop 9, and they each seem to consist of one single layer. There's quite a lot of them, however, and it might just be that I'm looking at the wrong ones.

Members who have read this thread: 0