Ant's Winjeel released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Winjeel released!

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I finally got it calibrated just a few minutes ago using FSUIPC. I think I am getting a little slow...grin

Thanks,

Tom
    Hi Tom, has that sorted out the issues you were having? Is the Winjeel working well now?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Is here any paint kit for this bird ?
    Not yet, I will release a paintkit next week. I will also do a repaint of N107PJ which was the registration that VH-OPJ used when it was in the US.

Just got this little beauty everything works perfect
    A great little plane thanks for your efforts in giving us a bit of Australian history

John

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Hi Tom, has that sorted out the issues you were having? Is the Winjeel working well now?
    Hi Anthony,

Yes I finally have everything working. I took one short flight with it and it handled very well, the frames were great. It flew smooth as butter.

I do have another question. Is there anyway to print out the entire instruction manual? I have a difficult time flipping back and forth from page to page and I think it would be much easier to be able to print everything out. Especially if you are flying and want to look up something. I did try moving the manual up to a second monitor but it came up all black so I couldn't use it.

Thanks again for another great plane.

Tom

Sorry Tom but you can't print out the online manual.

The Pilot's Handbook is available as a PDF and it contains the Normal and Emergency procedures which you can print out. A link should have been put on your desktop or you can find it in the SimObjects/Airplanes/Ants Winjeel folder.

Sorry Tom but you can't print out the online manual.

The Pilot's Handbook is available as a PDF and it contains the Normal and Emergency procedures which you can print out. A link should have been put on your desktop or you can find it in the SimObjects/Airplanes/Ants Winjeel folder.
    Okay.

Thanks,

Tom

+1 about the whole manual in pdf also. I'd like to have it in my tablet : ).

BTW.
    Anthony is it possible to improve a little shines of canopy (more glass effects outside)?
    Sometimes it looks like no any canopy, just empty frames, please see this:

The animation of rain effect is wonderful.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As usual, Anthony has outdone himself (as he does with each new airplane). This one is delightful, has wonderful character (both in terms of VC graphics and flight/system characteristics), and the Shift help panel is a model of completeness and information. Lovely work on that. Thanks for the helpful camera views for familiarization.

Everyone should pick this one up. A steal at the price, and well worth it to support this kind of high-level modeling.

click spots not working

Anthony I purchased the Winjeel this morning. Everything seems to work perfectly except the vc click spots. None of the click spots function for me. I checked several other add on planes including the t28 and click spots are functioning normally on all of them. Any suggestions... and sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere. I read through it but didn't see any click spot issues.

One other minor issue is that control e starts the auto start feature and seems to run through it properly to the point that the engine turns over. but it doesn't start. Should it?

Once again, you have provided a wonderful add-on at a very affordable price.

thanks!!!!

chuck

PS... love the rain effect. Perfect for this morning in Virginia Beach VA. We are having a little tropical blow this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    Anthony I purchased the Winjeel this morning. Everything seems to work perfectly except the vc click spots. None of the click spots function for me. I checked several other add on planes including the t28 and click spots are functioning normally on all of them. Any suggestions... and sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere. I read through it but didn't see any click spot issues.

One other minor issue is that control e starts the auto start feature and seems to run through it properly to the point that the engine turns over. but it doesn't start. Should it?

Once again, you have provided a wonderful add-on at a very affordable price.

thanks!!!!

chuck

PS... love the rain effect. Perfect for this morning in Virginia Beach VA. We are having a little tropical blow this morning.
    Can you please try the following so I can debug the where the mouse click is breaking down.

First, completely restart your system. I lost mouse clicks when I installed the FSX:SE version and this fixed it for me.

Shift+3 to show Animation Manager - Preferences - click on highlight VC mouse zones. Do you get blue squares where the mouse zones are?

If you mouse over any of these zones does the mouse pointer change to a hand? Do you see a tool tip text? For example, on the G meter do you see the text "Reset Accelerometer" if you hover the mouse over the zone?

Go to page 2 of the Preferences and change Debug mode to 1. Press Shift+1 to show the main panel. On the far right column there is an entry called SIMCON ACTION:. What does this number read?

Click on the G meter reset button. Does the SIMCON ACTION: number change? It should change to 105 when you click on the button and 106 when you release the button.

Let me know the answers to these and we can go from there.

The engine should start after about 2-3 seconds of the starter motor turning the prop. But it won't start if there isn't any fuel in the aircraft, also you should try setting the throttle control manually to the correct position (if you open Animation Manager - Normal Procedures - Pre-Start and move the throttle until the line Throttle - Set 1" open goes green) before using the auto start. See if you can start the aircraft following the procedures manually.

Can you please try the following so I can debug the where the mouse click is breaking down.

First, completely restart your system. I lost mouse clicks when I installed the FSX:SE version and this fixed it for me.

Shift+3 to show Animation Manager - Preferences - click on highlight VC mouse zones. Do you get blue squares where the mouse zones are?

If you mouse over any of these zones does the mouse pointer change to a hand? Do you see a tool tip text? For example, on the G meter do you see the text "Reset Accelerometer" if you hover the mouse over the zone?

Go to page 2 of the Preferences and change Debug mode to 1. Press Shift+1 to show the main panel. On the far right column there is an entry called SIMCON ACTION:. What does this number read?

Click on the G meter reset button. Does the SIMCON ACTION: number change? It should change to 105 when you click on the button and 106 when you release the button.

Let me know the answers to these and we can go from there.

The engine should start after about 2-3 seconds of the starter motor turning the prop. But it won't start if there isn't any fuel in the aircraft, also you should try setting the throttle control manually to the correct position (if you open Animation Manager - Normal Procedures - Pre-Start and move the throttle until the line Throttle - Set 1" open goes green) before using the auto start. See if you can start the aircraft following the procedures manually.
    Anthony thanks for your quick response. I had exited fs:se and restarted a couple of times before leaving my post. But before you responded, I downloaded the patch even though it didn't seem to address this issue. After running the update, and seems to have fixed the problem. also, if I start the plane in my default flight. then load the winjeel, the auto start works. So I guess I need to mess with my default cold and dark flight.

thanks for your support and the great model.

Hi, I think you might like to try the calibration page. Shift + 3 for the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 4 and follow the instruction on there. Basically put the throttle in the idle positon and click SET next to closed. The put the throttle in the full position and click SET next to open. Then put the throttle in the indent/detent position (around 75% between idle and full throttle if your throttle doesn't have a indent position) and click SET next to indent. Then click on SAVE so it is stored.

I think from your description that you probably only need to adjust the closed/idle position as the detent and full positions seem to be OK.

Yoyo posted a picture in post #73.
    Ant - Is it possible I have banjaxed my install by over-writing the paid V1.00 download files with the V1.10 update?
    These are the timestamps for the files I downloaded:
    Timestamps:
    AntsWinjeelV100.zip 02092016 0802 AEST
    AntsWinjeelV110patch.zip 02092016 1038 AEST
    AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip 02092016 1702 AEST

I followed your earlier advice, but while the VC lever will follow my CH Quad lever throttle from 0-100, which lets me set Closed= 0, and detent= my CH lever setting, and Open =100%, when I bring the CH lever back prior to landing, the VC levers will not go below the VC detent setting, which makes it difficult to land - 36% power is a tad too much, over the fence.
    It's a great model. and I can work around the problem - but it does seem this is specific to my FSX+A setup, so I would appreciate your help in finding a solution.
    ATB, MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Ant - Is it possible I have banjaxed my install by over-writing the paid V1.00 download files with the V1.10 update?
    These are the timestamps for the files I downloaded:
    Timestamps:
    AntsWinjeelV100.zip 02092016 0802 AEST
    AntsWinjeelV110patch.zip 02092016 1038 AEST
    AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip 02092016 1702 AEST

I followed your earlier advice, but while the VC lever will follow my CH Quad lever throttle from 0-100, which lets me set Closed= 0, and detent= my CH lever setting, and Open =100%, when I bring the CH lever back prior to landing, the VC levers will not go below the VC detent setting, which makes it difficult to land - 36% power is a tad too much, over the fence.
    It's a great model. and I can work around the problem - but it does seem this is specific to my FSX+A setup, so I would appreciate your help in finding a solution.
    ATB, MikeW
    It's unlikely you've damaged the install, As long as V110 goes last you should be fine.

If you can tell me the following it will help me figure out what's going on exactly.

Press shift+3 to open the Animation Manager, go the Preferences tab and go to page 4 and do the following:

Put your throttle at closed. What is the number next to THROTTLE say?
    Put your throttle at the detent position. What is the number next to THROTTLE say?
    Put your throttle at the open position. What is the number next to THROTTLE say?

Finally, what are the 3 values you have for Closed, Indent and Open below the THROTTLE number.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    What a wonderful aircraft and a true work of art. Can't afford many add ons but at that price and quality how could I afford to pass this up. Other developers take note of this price point.

once again Anthony, thank you for your wonderful work.

P.S. everything seems to be working hunky dory.

Another gem from Anthony! What an absolute delight it is to fly as well. The animated tutorial is beautifully done too.

I have only one *tiny* request: for some reason, the default "reset [rudder] trim" function doesn't work (in P3Dv3). Hardly realistic, I know, but many sim aircraft have this lazy little command.

Well done, Anthony - it's a great addition to your excellent portfolio.

Adam.

XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

I have just uploaded the paint kit. The link is on my page just above the screenshots at the bottom.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

Hi
    Hopefully some one can help me
    This add on is causing all my controllers (CH joystick throttle and pedals) to be disabled in FSX. Once in the weekend then again tonight.
    It starts fine, and I am flying along fine, the suddenly all my controllers are disabled. I honestly cant recall how I got the controllers back in the weekend, but tonight I restarted my computer only to find still no controllers in FSX, so I checked them through CH control panel and all is working fine. Back into FSX, still no controllers. I then checked options in FSX and found the tick box to enable controllers was unchecked. Re ticked it and all controllers are back again.
    Please note
    I have been using FSX for about 7 years and this has never happened before.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Regards
    bob

Run the latest patch which is for just that fault.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rlaycock View Post
    Hi
    Hopefully some one can help me
    This add on is causing all my controllers (CH joystick throttle and pedals) to be disabled in FSX. Once in the weekend then again tonight.
    It starts fine, and I am flying along fine, the suddenly all my controllers are disabled. I honestly cant recall how I got the controllers back in the weekend, but tonight I restarted my computer only to find still no controllers in FSX, so I checked them through CH control panel and all is working fine. Back into FSX, still no controllers. I then checked options in FSX and found the tick box to enable controllers was unchecked. Re ticked it and all controllers are back again.
    Please note
    I have been using FSX for about 7 years and this has never happened before.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Regards
    bob
    Hi Bob

That's interesting behaviour. There is a command in FSX called JOYSTICK CALIBRATE which will toggle that tick box to enable controllers. I don't use that command at all though so I'm at a loss to know how the Winjeel is causing it to happen.

Check the keyboard control assignments in FSX (go to Settings/Control/ButtonsKeys in the FSX menu) and look for "Joystick (on/off)" under events. Check if there is a key or joystick button assigned to that command. It's possible your joystick may be sending a false trigger if there is a button assigned.

How many times has this happened? Is there any consistent pattern as to when it happens?

I'm continuing to have a blast with this incredible aircraft. Each time I fire it up or do a walkaround I notice even more details. How all this magic can be achieved with virtually no impact in my FSX performance is a true testament to Anthony's optimization skills. Other developers can certainly learn a thing or two here and should take note.

I also noticed the rudder reset command appears inoperative in FSX but assumed this was consciously omitted for the sake of authenticity. Of no consequence to me.

One minor point... I realize the absence of nav radios and adf is a deliberate replication of original specs. Certainly Anthony's thoughtful touch of including 2D GPS and AP popups will be appreciated as a convenience by many that enjoy this equipment. Personally, I don't use GPS and AP for low and slow flying and would therefore welcome the addition (perhaps as part of an expansion pack that I'd buy instantly) of 'retrofitted' nav and/or adf radios. I really enjoy using these nav tools particularly during night or poor weather flights. Any chance of a special modern version incorporating these? I do appreciate authenticity but I'd be surprised if one or two present CA-25 owners did not spring for installing such equipment, perhaps when they also fitted their 4th seat.

Note that the absence of nav equipment does not in the least diminish my enjoyment of this outstanding creation. I just know I'd fly it even more were it equipped as such.

Anyone still on the fence about purchasing this exceptional quality product shouldn't think twice about it. For the low asking price it's worth owning even if such an aircraft is not your thing and you never fly it. Simply exploring all its features and details on the ground is worth the price of admission...to see how it can be done, when it's done right.

Hi Bob

That's interesting behaviour. There is a command in FSX called JOYSTICK CALIBRATE which will toggle that tick box to enable controllers. I don't use that command at all though so I'm at a loss to know how the Winjeel is causing it to happen.

Check the keyboard control assignments in FSX (go to Settings/Control/ButtonsKeys in the FSX menu) and look for "Joystick (on/off)" under events. Check if there is a key or joystick button assigned to that command. It's possible your joystick may be sending a false trigger if there is a button assigned.

How many times has this happened? Is there any consistent pattern as to when it happens?
    Hi Thanks for the replay.
    It has happened 2 times. once in the weekend and again last night.
    When it first happened I think I was trying to enable the autopilot with the normal FSX commands e.g. Z Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + H (I think it may have been the Ctrl + H that caused it), however last night I have no idea what caused it to happen, But as I noted, when I went into options, the activate controllers check box was unchecked when I rechecked it the controls came back

Quote Originally Posted by rlaycock View Post
    Hi Thanks for the replay.
    It has happened 2 times. once in the weekend and again last night.
    When it first happened I think I was trying to enable the autopilot with the normal FSX commands e.g. Z Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + H (I think it may have been the Ctrl + H that caused it), however last night I have no idea what caused it to happen, But as I noted, when I went into options, the activate controllers check box was unchecked when I rechecked it the controls came back
    Did you get a chance to check if there is a key assignment for "Joystick (on/off)"?

I'm still not sure what my aircraft could be doing that will be causing your controller to activate but FSX is a strange beast and can do strange things.

I will be doing another update before the end of this month. At the moment the things I will looking at tweaking are:

- Rudder trim centring
    - Sound when the canopy is open
    - Saving the tailwheel setting (locked or unlocked) when the user exits.
    - Exterior glass appearance
    - Prop disk transparency

- Rudder trim centring
    - Sound when the canopy is open
    - Saving the tailwheel setting (locked or unlocked) when the user exits.
    - Exterior glass appearance
    - Prop disk transparency
    Wow! Thank You Anthony!

Members who have read this thread: 1