Arado-234 freeware?

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

Hybrid View

Arado-234 freeware?

i know of the firepower version but has anyone attempted to make a freeware version?

Not that I know of.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Not that I know of.
    oups, I didnt know there is no free version for this most known jet bomber.

regular question: if I would take some time to create the external model would be there someone another who would bother with the interior model?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A new and better Ar-234 would be great addition to CFS3. The one in Fire Power is good. There are other interesting aircraft ,(some you can't get any where else),that are included in the install and update that add to the value of FP. Worth every penny,(there's some sites that offer it cheap), and is a must have. A lot has been done recently, (Me-163b and many more to come here at SOH), and that is exciting . A new and improved Ar-234 would be something to look forward to as it actually flew combat missions. PM me if you have any questions .

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    oups, I didnt know there is no free version for this most known jet bomber.

regular question: if I would take some time to create the external model would be there someone another who would bother with the interior model?
    Know that feeling. Its not super bad for CFS2 as you don't have to program gauges in the model. Saw with CFS3 you have to have gauges animated in gMax and went (nope_octopus.gif) way from the thought of installing CFS3.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Animating gauge needles is a trivial task next to modelling and mapping a VC.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Beggars can't be choosers.

Take your external model and straighten out odd curves and jagged edges around the windows. Remap VC if you like. Add in a detail seat stick/yoke and panel. Call it a day and if some one complains post the gMax source and tell them to do better or go by a payware version.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Arado 234

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    i know of the firepower version but has anyone attempted to make a freeware version?
    Erwin Welker has made a great one available at Simviation and Flightsim.com.

ok, did animated Lotfe like looking bombsight for our german birdy.
    it of course doesnt work like the real one, just adds such similar feeling into CFS3
    I took inspiration from there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RMWiWW3s34&t=2s

the CFS3 is a standard bomsight working/tag view with a bank indicator gauge layer

a wrong airplane bank angle:

a good airplane bank angle:

Last edited by BorekS; August 4th, 2018 at 05:50.

So if I understand you correctly, the pointer and markings on the right just are bank indicators? I am comparing with the IL2 one here which looks interesting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lofte bombsight.jpg  

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

for cfs3 only the pointer is moving, his position determines the airplane left/right bank angle there, the values match.

I thought the IL2 pointer indicated bombsight elevation?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 2