Arado-234 freeware? - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

So do I Borek, so do I....

I also got hold of Helijah's Ar234 Flightgear model, and was playing around with it (though not much progress!). What you've done with it without doubt makes this is by far the best looking and accurate Ar234 out there in sim world, just beautiful, well done!

Cheers

Shessi

What you've done with it without doubt makes this is by far the best looking and accurate Ar234 out there in sim world, just beautiful, well done!
    I agree with that.

oh, thank you guys for such nice words

still, as I mentioned, this project, resp. the helijahs conversion / model overhaul is not taken extremely ultraserious in all airplane add-on aspects, though Bravo/4 and me are trying to produce a decent Ar 234 CFS3 stuff.

what I did yesterday is a new .xdp virtual cockpit related logic guided by F4 and F6 key. now you can cycle by Pilot View, Close to Periscope View, Periscope Gunsight View and Periscope Backsight View. they are also key sorted so. now they are all "pilot_station" tagged, so you have a full airplane controll always, still each view is unique settings relating to padlock rotation limits. the periscope sights are almost sticky views, you cant move up/dn/l/r (too much)... its just not like in the FirePower version.

Wow fantastic work

Manny
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Latest model and texture!

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

John,
    Superb! Another excellent tex...

Bump mapping looks really good, and subtle weathering..love it!

Borek,
    As said, model is just a beauty. I've got to admit that the Herman 1000Kg looks good, but other CFS3 ordnance such as the 300l drop tank and lighter bombs just do not do this ac, and others, justice. Someone needs to re-do the standard ordnance in CFS3.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Latest model and texture!

John, are you sure you got all of the rivets around the cockpit glass? Looks to me like you might have missed a few!

yum, thanks Bravo/4, nice shots
    I didnt realised the "simple helijahs 3d model conversion" could become such nice stage ever.
    well, now it is cca 75% overhauled stuff from the original source infact

however, I still would like to focus on the own scratch made Arado Ar 234 as soon as it gets. and on the other projects too. all the overhaul work made on the helijahs Blitz source should appear in the scratch made ariplane, that way is it meant.

some people asking if I could make the Ar 234 four engined version. doable, but it needs to make clear what about we are talking here actually, see below

all four engined versions with the nose canopy / frame we have now, belongs to the fiew pieces of "V" (means in german language "Versuchs") test version series only, yet some of them lacked the retractable landing gear.

most close to something usable for us would be the V13 design with 4x Jumo 003 engine maybe.
    note: our standard Ar 234B is 2x Jumo 004 equipped.
    the "V" inspired four engined variant seems is the nice model made for Flighstim series (Icarusgold or Erwin Welker).

if you wish to fly the later four engined "serious" 234 one day, we would talk about the "C" series there. this project would be pretty different story, because of different canopy / frame and cockpit instruments compoistion.
    the "proper" four engined variant Ar 234C series, you can see at WarThunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Borek, As said, model is just a beauty. I've got to admit that the Herman 1000Kg looks good, but other CFS3 ordnance such as the 300l drop tank and lighter bombs just do not do this ac, and others, justice. Someone needs to re-do the standard ordnance in CFS3.
    I think Bravo/4 used some of the downloadoable weapon sets, my images presented there use the stock CFS3 low poly weapons, which doenst look good, right?

our weaponary for the Blitz / Nachtigall publilc release should include own weapon library.
    yes, I could use some of the available ones, or just to say "it requires to downlaod this or that"... hell, no way!

our release is planned to be fully independent on any other party sources and the whole package must be easy instalallable, thats my primary goal even if we would got some allowement to use other party (weapon) models, they would need to be unique 3d model and texture name for the Arado package. so I think it is better to build such stuff from scratch. it shouldnt be any problem, having a rich experience with that from the Mig-15bis project, for example. just give me a few +days

current scratch made payload stuff:
    left / right Walter HWK 500A-1 rocket booster

planned scratch made payload stuff:
    SC 250 kg bomb (?)
    SC 500 kg bomb
    SC 1000 kg bomb
    300 liter fuel tank

OK Borek, thanks, that's good news. No critism intended, just something that stood out.

I could see that the Walter rocket was not stock etc, as was just too good..ha ha!

Cheers

Shessi

no problem, mate

yeah, any working rocket booster feature would be great to have in CFS3. imagine Me 323 Gigant takeoff, for example

unfortuantelly I didnt found any way how this could be simulated in CFS3. we can have unguided rocket missiles, bombs or drop tanks, but any kind of such mixture not. yet the effect emitter node usage for weapons seem is very limited.

so, to simulate the RATO boosters at CFS3 physically we would need to set the airplane as three or four engined airplane where after 30 seconds we would need to stop the RATO engines - boosters - manually. the detachable pods we would need to drop out then manually as fuel tanks for the visual effect. this solution, which offers gecko, could/would be guided by autoscript.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    ... so, to simulate the RATO boosters at CFS3 physically we would need to set the airplane as three or four engined airplane where after 30 seconds we would need to stop the RATO engines - boosters - manually. the detachable pods we would need to drop out then manually as fuel tanks for the visual effect. ...
    Wouldn't they stop automatically if they are programmed with only 30 seconds of fuel? Or if they overheated and seized after 30 seconds? There 's got to be a way to make an engine stop after 30 seconds within the CFS3 limitations.

IIRC people simulated a catapult take-off with a rediculous amount of WEP or thrust. Couldn't that be used for your RATO pods? I am thinking of the following:
    Start the normal engine(s) and then start the extra RATO engine. Set full throttle and you'll get full thrust from your normal engine(s) + the RATO pod. After 30 seconds the fuel for the RATO pod is spend and the 'rocket' stops. Then you'd jettison the visual model.

Thinking about this, I don't know if CFS3 allows different fuels for engines. It could well be that all engines run until all available fuel is used up. But maybe it's possible to create an engine that only delivers power with WEP switched on. The amount of WEP-time can be set, if I am not mistaken.

BTW, lovely aircraft. Really, really dig the bump mapping!!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

If I am getting right what the flight model makers said and what I've tried, the cfs3 engine data sharing same properities. In another words, you cant combine two engines which works that way and the other one(s) which works another way.

Beautifull, really!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    If I am getting right what the flight model makers said and what I've tried, the cfs3 engine data sharing same properities. In another words, you cant combine two engines which works that way and the other one(s) which works another way.
    Correct. It's all jets or all piston engines.

I remember such unsuccess attempts for Lippisch P.13a, a ramjet (!) which should start to run when the airplane reached 300 km/h speed, achieved with a rocket booster take off

However for our Ar 234 project I rather meant it is even not possible to set different fuel flow or thrust even at same type of engine.

Well, that is a pity!

(I should stick to modeling )

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Well, that is a pity!

(I should stick to modeling )
    What ARE you modeling Joost? I'll have to bug you again about something!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

As Borek said, this started out as a quick beta model and skin, but we've ended up with a rather nice model, I've pushed him quite a bit, but he's delivered!

It's going to have it's own new weapons, I've already received the drop tanks, I just used the AVhistory 1000lb bomb as a place holder on the model for the shots. I can't bare the stock weapons, they should all be gathered up and placed in a very dark place never to be seen again!
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    John, are you sure you got all of the rivets around the cockpit glass? Looks to me like you might have missed a few!
    Hey Scott, how you doing? Actually the pit frames are Borek's work, saved me the job!

You know I don't need an excuse, but I can do it ligit, what you reckon?
    John

Keep it coming!

rivets just rulez

@Bravo/4: I did the SC-1000 bomb right now, will send it to you for repaint too

a small quick made texture preview attached:

Yea looks perfect!
    I've just added a bump map to the drop tanks you sent, they have a few dents and dings now!
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Hey Scott, how you doing? Actually the pit frames are Borek's work, saved me the job!

You know I don't need an excuse, but I can do it ligit, what you reckon?
    You guys are doing great work John, as always!! Rather you then me John, when it comes to counting rivets! And you could do them just fine too!

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    What ARE you modeling Joost? I'll have to bug you again about something!
    Oh please, do bug me again about something . I still have a few days before my sports season starts and my evenings are filled with more socially acceptable activities again, lol. Let me know what I can help you with.
    My something is something that contains this part:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teaser.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2