Arado-234 freeware? - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

oh, I see thanks for this note

a small mistake it seems... it is doe the fact the whole effect feauture is three parts (flame, smoke and haze):

<Effect Type="StartEngine2" EffectName="Ar234_Rocket_Exhaust_smoke1" Location="emitter_rato_l" />
    <Effect Type="StartEngine2" EffectName="Ar234_Rocket_Exhaust_smoke1" Location="emitter_rato_r" />
    <Effect Type="JetExhaust2" EffectName="Ar234_Rocket_Exhaust_flame1" MinThrottle="-10" MaxThrottle="200" Location="emitter_rato_l" />
    <Effect Type="JetExhaust2" EffectName="Ar234_Rocket_Exhaust_flame1" MinThrottle="-10" MaxThrottle="200" Location="emitter_rato_r" />
    <Effect Type="JetExhaust2" EffectName="Ar234_Rocket_Exhaust_haze1" MinThrottle="-10" MaxThrottle="200" Location="emitter_rato_l" />
    <Effect Type="JetExhaust2" EffectName="Ar234_Rocket_Exhaust_haze1" MinThrottle="-10" MaxThrottle="200" Location="emitter_rato_r" />

will try to edit it.

ok, the bulletts works now.

images from a Blitz bad day attached.

not quite right as I planned to make the damage, but will not bother with it deeper anymore.

Looks great! Like the bullet holes and gore!
    I do always wonder though, that in CFS3, the aircraft loose their component bits; wings; tail assembly; quite easily. So far most vintage camera shots I have seen don't seem to indicate such clean separation into these parts. I think the aircraft's main spar runs right through the fuselage? Big bits of the wings, etc., do get torn off, but less likely a clean break with the main body. Just IMO!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Depends on the construction. Lots of aircraft do not have a continuous spar, the Bf 109 for example. A well set up xdp can make it easier or harder to blow off big parts.

current project progress: Ive removed all RATO item loadouts from the base Blitz and Nachtigall ingame airplane list, but dont worry, Ive added two new standalone RATO pod equipped airplane slot samples instead, marked at the game menu list with "(R)".

the actual RATO pod booster effect starts 10 seconds after the second airplane engine ignition and works for 30 seconds only (thanks gecko for the tips&hints). well, the 30 second time frame would be fine for real Blitz takeoff, but our current solution does not have anny effect on the takeoff speedup. it is just a visual feature.... however, it is a standalone airplane AIR and CFG, so it is ready for some future tests, if someone would like to bother.

the RATO pod boosters are tagged as dropable fuel tanks, so are jettisonable, of course

You could try negative values for the pods. Weapons can have negative drag or weight, drag mattering more when airspeed increases so perhaps not the best solution for this, but reduced weight might be able to somehow replicate the rocket boost help with the take-off and initial climb. Set the mass of the pods to something like -500 and see how it turns out.

ah, that sounds like a very interesting solution! Ive tried it at it seems the Blitz takeoff is easier but it needs to be confirmed by my test crew primary.

@Blitz project test crew: just go into CFS3 weapons\ar_234b2_rato_l and ar_234b2_rato_r folders and and edit the related .xdp file to Mass="-500".

It looks like this one met a Tempest on it's way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Re rato aircraft. For me I have found the rato goes out b4 take off completed. Can the time be extended or start 5s later?
    Also not getting sound on rato versions?
    I have mass set a -500 but have not done accurate time testing for t/o @ 200 Km/hr yet.

thank you for testing, mate
    should belong to personal messages rather, but could be handy after the public release too, so:

how to set the RATOs start 5s later:
    at the add-on included effects.xml injection change the InitialDelay="10" value to "15".

how to make the RATOs working longer time frame:
    at the add-on included effects.xml change the EmitterLifetime="30" to something else, lets say to "40".

to get sounds for the two
    RATO airplane slots needs to clone/copy the ar_234b_2_2n sound folder into the ar_234b_2_2n_rato folder. my bad, will be fixed for the next add-on build.

thank you for testing, mate
    should belong to personal messages rather, but could be handy after the public release too, so:

how to set the RATOs start 5s later:
    at the add-on included effects.xml injection change the InitialDelay="10" value to "15"

how to make the RATOs working longer later:
    at the add-on included effects.xml change the EmitterLifetime="30" to something else, lets say to"40".

to get sounds for the two
    RATO airplane slots needs to clone/copy the ar_234b_2_2n sound folder into the ar_234b_2_2n_rato folder. my bad, will be fixed for the next add-on build.

Sorry B. Next time message! I'll try the new possibilities and let you know.

ok personally the "default" 30 second booster time frame seems to me not much usable for our CFS3 Blitz.

so our goal now should be to set this (fake) feature bit more handy, means player friendly. once done, I would pack it all into final public add-on and release it

almost forgot to add into the final package the alternative VC lit lights for red color lovers

the RATO takeoff feature got also its own VC indicator - a pulsing text message "STARTHILFE EIN". it appears only at the time frame when the boosters are "active" - means TAKEOFF HELP ON and in our case it is just another emitter node / image-text lifetime limited effect.

the RATO loadout items got -1000 Mass. what a boost now! before I wasnt sure if it even works, bot now I can confirm... hell Yes!
    ok, such whole solution is not technically right, but it is starting to be a real fun, such Starthilfe feature... ja, ja

ok, a (relativelly) simple RATO parachute effect for the released pods implemented.

the chute opens 2 seconds after release. a time guided effect.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Coming along very nicely. A ton of features ! Now the RATO works! WOW!!

ok, here we go, the Blitz and his night brother Nachtigall takes public flight! click the image (ingame shot by wiekniera) below

as usually, the simhangar site download is available bit sooner then the SOH Warbirds library.
    maybe the SOH version could get sound effects for the RATOs, I wasnt able to get it working properly. its a job for somebody else...

A complete airplane add-on package with all effects, sounds, weapons and all other dependent files.

The package includes 6 skins of Ar 234B-2 Blitz and 6 skins of Ar 234B-2/N Nachtigall aircraft.
    The package also includes one Ar 234B-2 Blitz and one of Ar 234B-2/N Nachtigall sample with RATO (rocket assisted takeoff) boosters, marked at the game menu list with "(R)".

Features:
    * specular and bump maps
    * self lit night cockpit items
    * animated tail parachute / spoiler
    * animated pilot head and landing lever related hand
    * animated "Lotfe 7" bombsight
    * RATO takeoff boosters, dropable, with own parachute effect

enjoy

Downloading now! Screenshots look incredible, well done Borek and team!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Enjoyed testing. A fantastic release ! Fine work involved . Thanks to all involved in this project .

Some missions will be coming!
    The III/KG 76 flew some of the first jet bomber missions in history on 24 December 1944 against rail targets in Namur, Belgium. Troop concentrations were attacked around Liège and Bastogne on 26 and 31 December respectively, in support of German forces during the Battle of the Bulge. The unit also flew reconnaissance missions over Antwerp's docks and airfields on 1 January 1945 during Operation Bodenplatte. On 20 January 1945 Ar 234s struck the docks at Antwerp, and struck again on 24 January 1945, which was the wing's last independent mission. Missions were flown against rail targets in the Brussels area on 8 February, and attacked Allied fores around Eindhoven on 21 February. On 24 February, one of the Ar 234s force landed at Selgersdorf near Aachen, and was captured intact. During the 22–28 February period the unit flew a minimum of 20 and maximum of 37 sorties a day.

The unit also attacked the Ludendorf Bridge at Remagen from 9–13 March. KG 76 reported high losses during this period. On 21 March their base at Achmer was bombed. 10 Ar 234s were lost and a further 8 damaged. By 1 April 1945 the group had just 11 machines on strength, with seven serviceable and 27 pilots of which 16 were ready for action. III./KG 76 received five Ar 234s on 10 April.[7]

Records indicate that on 12 April strength was 15 aircraft of which 10 were serviceable and 31 (18 ready for action) pilots. The Gruppe spent most of April attacking targets on German soil, against the advancing Allied forces. On 20 April 1945 Ar 234s of III./KG 76 struck at Soviet targets in the Berlin area. 8 Staffel of III./KG 76 flew the Kampfgeschwader's last sortie of the war on 3 May 1945.[7] III./KG 76 also participated in the last battles of the war. The unit had not fully converted to the Ar 234, and still flew the He 111. A mixed group of these aircraft struck at Soviet forces in the Kürstin area. Most of the unit was moved to confront the Western Allies in Western Germany. Targets included marshalling yards, airfields bridges and ground forces. Based at Hesepe, the airfield was attacked on 21 March, killed 11 and wounding 10 of the units personnel. II./KG 76 continued to resist British armoured advances until the 15 April. With just 18 pilots left the Gruppe handed over its remaining aircraft to III./KG 76 and all remaining personnel joined the Geschwaderstab/KG 76. No further missions were flown by the Gruppe after this date. The Gruppe surrendered to Royal Air Force personnel at Schleswig airfield on 8 May 1945.[8]

Working on Liege mission!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar234_Leige 1.jpg   Ar234_Leige 2.jpg   Ar234_Leige 3.jpg   Ar234_Leige 4.jpg   Ar234_Leige 5.jpg   Ar234_Leige 6.jpg  

Bomb run and return. Still working on this and other missions!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar234_Leige 7.jpg   Ar234_Leige 8.jpg   Ar234_Leige 9.jpg  

Right on Mongoose, can't wait for some missions!

Members who have read this thread: 2