Arado-234 freeware? - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

Small project update: I can confirm the hellijahs overhauled / enhanced model CFS3 public release could be offered with Firepower Arado 234 full working virtual cockpit and its flight dynamics aswell. The payware add-on needs to be installed, of course

The standard add-on version still is fully independent, without Firepower content. I think hairyspin addapted the stock CFS3 sources for our flight dynamics.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A neat idea since a lot of us probably have the FirePower version already. A cool workaround. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    About how long will it be till released ? Waiting with baited breath ! A neat addition to CFS3. Always interested in the night fighter version. Radar operator sat near the middle of the aircraft with a little window above him to see out of.Also liked the idea of a Do-335 night fighter. Would have been a real threat if only came about sooner.As the case for many luftwaffe aircraft.Regards,Scott

I am currently at our summer house with kids, up to next thuersday, so at this time frame no space for some completation work. Also Bravo/4 offered to make better skins.

I think you all understand I would like to terminate the hellijahs add-on variant as soon as it gets, yet with the fact some things could be made better, but even that way it needs to do it decent way

Anyway, I have to note the hellijahs model enhanced conversion, when released, will be no longer supported for some updates or fixes. All next Arado 234 related future work will be focused on the own scratch made project.

so, I am back from vacancy and spent some time with the hellijahs Ar 234 "finalisation" again.

I have to own up my heart just says "it needs to redo some things yet", to not be blush fully of the beta release. Ive decieded to abbandon the highres fake virtual cockpit glass & frame texture feature completelly - I did for the VC new real 3d canopy frames and added the interior parts from the external model, slightly smoothed there and here for the VC. not all is done, however starting to texture whats already available.

first blood sneak peaks:

Last edited by BorekS; July 30th, 2018 at 01:30.

ok, what actually is "hellijahs Arado" or is supposed to be for CFS3 in base:

* converted external airplane 3d model of Arado 234 B-2 made by a guy called hellijah, originally made for Flight Gear
    * various tweaks, changes and replaces of the model including new external airplane 3d model cockpit + new (simplified) virtual cockpit
    * various project fingerprints by guys like hairyspin, MajorMagee, Bravo/4...
    * add-on enhanced for Arado 234 B-2/N night fighter variant

what is "hellijahs Arado" not supposed to be for CFS3:

* any fully finished in all aspects (details, flight model, weapon effectivity...) for hardcore simmers

a beauty, could be my new mount when done.

ok

ok, I think I could share the current project progress. its far from any done stage yet, still working on it each free time frame.

the add-on is now one base Blitz 3d model and all the parts for Nachtigall variant are loaded as the mountable payload.

Blog Entries
    Awesome work !! Thank you !

glad you like it

well, also the periscope and bombsights got some changes. a clight texture included too.

wow, impressive.

Can you tell more about this parachute, how will it work, will it be implemented as a dive brake?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Arado 234

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    i know of the firepower version but has anyone attempted to make a freeware version?
    Erwin Welker has made a great one available at Simviation and Flightsim.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    wow, impressive.Can you tell more about this parachute, how will it work, will it be implemented as a dive brake?
    it is a standard spoiler / airbreak CFS3 function.
    the gmax chute mesh is devided into a few parts, where each single chute part is hidden in the fuselage at frame 0.
    at frame 50 is the parachute fully extended.

here is a few images fo the early solution:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1055487

you can even test it with the sample, here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...irBreak-sample

ok, did animated Lotfe like looking bombsight for our german birdy.
    it of course doesnt work like the real one, just adds such similar feeling into CFS3
    I took inspiration from there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RMWiWW3s34&t=2s

the CFS3 is a standard bomsight working/tag view with a bank indicator gauge layer

a wrong airplane bank angle:

a good airplane bank angle:

Last edited by BorekS; August 4th, 2018 at 05:50.

So if I understand you correctly, the pointer and markings on the right just are bank indicators? I am comparing with the IL2 one here which looks interesting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lofte bombsight.jpg  

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

for cfs3 only the pointer is moving, his position determines the airplane left/right bank angle there, the values match.

I thought the IL2 pointer indicated bombsight elevation?

so you would rather tag our CFS3 pointer as pitch indicator gauge?

What do you think? I feel that might make slightly more sense although if you have been looking at this and this I am wondering if it could somehow be linked to views up and down as the 8 and 2 number pad keys do, or the joystick up and down views?

I assume you have this

you are right well, I think I could try to do it the way there would be three objects (layers):

1. bombsight tagged: main static cross paint
    2. gauge pitch indicator tagged: elevation angle marker as as the PDF Lotfe description (1)
    3. gauge bank indicator tagged: drop angle marker as the PDF Lotfe description (2)

the goal would be to meet the (1) and (2) at zero position.

If you can relly get that working and it drops more or less on target, that would be a huge leap forward for all bombers! It would be another upgrade to CFS3 reality. Now if we could get NJ/NF radar similar to IL246 here

from my own poor experience is CFS3 bombing very accurate, where the cross center is, there the bomb falls it needs just to set the airplane optimal position. a piece of cake with auopilot on

Blog Entries
    One reason i love IL-2 '46 so much !! REALISM !! Would be nice if CFS3 would feature this too. Have BAT and really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    from my own poor experience is CFS3 bombing very accurate, where the cross center is, there the bomb falls it needs just to set the airplane optimal position. a piece of cake with auopilot on
    That's true of course although I don't normally have autopilot on running along the waypoint lines, so I am piloting manually; certainly for the last section to target. Even then of course if the X is on target, the bombs fall there!

ok, the Lotfe like looking CFS3 bomsight with animated features seems is done.

Members who have read this thread: 2