Arado-234 freeware? - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

really glad you like it, guys

currently no progress but playing with the RATO effects. just adding a few Nahchtigal take-off pictures. as before, better images here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_arado_rato_flame_05_small.jpg   cfs3_arado_rato_flame_06_small.jpg   cfs3_arado_rato_flame_07_small.jpg   cfs3_arado_rato_flame_08_small.jpg  

I really like the look of that.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

thanks still, the actual Arado rocket pod (RATO) feature is just an eye candy visual stuff so far

ok, the rato feature could wok as described here, but currently my "Blitz" is set as a common two engined aircraft and the pod effects just runs with the second engine MinThrottle="-10" MaxThrottle="200", using different emitter nodes comparing to the jet ones. the pods arent standalone dropable objects there and its effects are working constantly.

anyway, I would like to probe if would work such things:
    * to set the rocked pod effect to be runable once - at engine startup - lets say to produce flame and smoke for 60 seconds
    * to make the rocket pod like a selectable airplane loadout gun pod with a single bullet shot ammo, to produce flame and smoke for 60 seconds

ok, the image below can make you all bit disappointed, but I still dare to publish it

it is just a clone of the external airplane model (unfinished) interiror, simply set as a virtual cockpit, for initial ingame testing. added gauges and our old good canopy frame texture paint, already known from the hellijahs Ar 234 model CFS3 adaptation.

if nothing, it is giving to us a picture, how the virtual cockpit objects would be positioned / shaped...

... well, have to say I was expecting it will look much whorse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_arado_rato_cpit_test.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Starting to really progress along. Thanks for all the time and effort. Hope you get some help with the flight modeling and other stuff. Looking good my friend.

thanks, mate

you may check the current flight model, Scott... I think hairyspin did some work on this and I didnt changed it since Ive got it.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Hello

Any luck on the RATO? I can make a RATO work like a 3rd engine you will need to manually start the plane but should be fun if you want. PM me.

I've been doing some research on this, the Walter HWK 109-500 rockets weighed 125kg produced 500kg of thrust each, for a total of 1,000kg of thrust. They burned for 30 seconds and were then dropped via static line parachute. The Jumo 004s produced 903kg of thrust each for a total of 1,806kg of thrust. So to make this work, the aircraft will be set up with four engines - 1 and 2 are the main jets, and located accordingly; 3 and 4 will be stand-ins for the the two rocket motors and located accordingly. Since you only get one set of engine parameters, these will be set up for the Jumos. The thrust of the rockets will be adjusted another way. The visuals will be the two rocket pods, set up as drop tanks. They will weigh a total of 125kg each, and this will be divided between the weight of the drop tank and the fuel that engine 3 burns in 30 seconds. Thus the fuel load for the aircraft itself will remain correct for the rest of the time the aircraft is flying. The rocket pods will have some drag as well. The visual effects will be tied to the engine 3 and 4 effects and located at emitters placed where the nozzle of each pod is located, even though the pod itself isn't part of the aircraft model. The effect will be triggered when engines 3 and 4 start and will last 30 seconds. Sound effects for the rocket motors will be part of the aircraft's sound package, with engines 3 and 4 calling for the appropriate rocket sound files, while engines 1 and 2 call for jet sound files. If you want to add cockpit controls, I understand it was a simple on/off switch to control the rockets, though I don't have a picture of one. It could be tied to engine 3 or 4 throttle position, animated so that with a throttle setting above 0% the switch is in the ON position.

The operation will require a script to be run prior to flight. The player will manually start engines 1 and 2, using autostart will mess up the sequence, so the script will disable that feature. Once the jet engines are running, the player will press a button that the script will use to initiate the rocket sequence automatically, it will also take over control of all engines from the player for short periods of time during the sequence. First, engines 3 and 4 will be started simultaneously, triggering the visual effects, this will also initiate a countdown timer that will shut engines 3 and 4 off after 30 seconds have passed. Once engines 3 and 4 are started, the script will set their throttles to 50% (thus giving them the correct amount of thrust) and then restore control of engines 1 and 2 to the player. The player can then throttle up the jets and start the takeoff. As on the original, the player will be able to shut down the rockets at any point, but has no other control over them. After 30 seconds, the script will shut down engines 3 and 4, the effects will stop and so will the engine sounds for the rockets. The script will also disable all control of engines 3 and 4 for the rest of the flight. The player can then jettison the rocket pods like a drop tank. A parachute effect will trigger on release, though it won't actually slow the drop of the pods.

thanks for support, gys

the Arado 234 project still a few latest weeks untouched, same stage are my other airplane projects.
    what I am bothering latest days is the car simulation mod stuff, which after 4-yeared development time frame is near to be finished. it become a really hot awaited stuff status now, so it got a priority.

anyway, what I could do in some visible future is to build up the latest CFS3 Blitz/Nachtigall wip version and share it with you for testing the physics and POD feature. maybe the hellijahs model coversion could be released such way public as a template add-on for such tests, which later would be simply replaced with the scratch made model. the airplane shape, position, orietnation, proportions, so like the various pylon items are basically same for both models.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Just a bump. A great addition to CFS3 just as the Me-163 as they were both operational aircraft during WW II. Hopefully will see it in action soon. Built a model of the night-fighter version and it had a place for the radar operator slightly behind the wing with a glass top panel. I forget the name of the kit manufacturer so i don't know if that is accurate or not. Do any know?

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Just a bump. Hopefully will see it in action soon.
    glad there is interest into this CFS3 add-on yet. I still am sticky with the the simrace stuff. Ive released public the long time developed multi car mod a few weeks back, but needs to convert in into other games aswell. also some bonus vehicles are in work.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I've been doing some research on this, the Walter HWK 109-500 rockets weighed 125kg produced 500kg of thrust each, for a total of 1,000kg of thrust. They burned for 30 seconds and were then dropped via static line parachute. The Jumo 004s produced 903kg of thrust each for a total of 1,806kg of thrust. So to make this work, the aircraft will be set up with four engines - 1 and 2 are the main jets, and located accordingly; 3 and 4 will be stand-ins for the the two rocket motors and located accordingly. Since you only get one set of engine parameters, these will be set up for the Jumos. The thrust of the rockets will be adjusted another way. The visuals will be the two rocket pods, set up as drop tanks. They will weigh a total of 125kg each, and this will be divided between the weight of the drop tank and the fuel that engine 3 burns in 30 seconds. Thus the fuel load for the aircraft itself will remain correct for the rest of the time the aircraft is flying. The rocket pods will have some drag as well. The visual effects will be tied to the engine 3 and 4 effects and located at emitters placed where the nozzle of each pod is located, even though the pod itself isn't part of the aircraft model. The effect will be triggered when engines 3 and 4 start and will last 30 seconds. Sound effects for the rocket motors will be part of the aircraft's sound package, with engines 3 and 4 calling for the appropriate rocket sound files, while engines 1 and 2 call for jet sound files. If you want to add cockpit controls, I understand it was a simple on/off switch to control the rockets, though I don't have a picture of one. It could be tied to engine 3 or 4 throttle position, animated so that with a throttle setting above 0% the switch is in the ON position.

The operation will require a script to be run prior to flight. The player will manually start engines 1 and 2, using autostart will mess up the sequence, so the script will disable that feature. Once the jet engines are running, the player will press a button that the script will use to initiate the rocket sequence automatically, it will also take over control of all engines from the player for short periods of time during the sequence. First, engines 3 and 4 will be started simultaneously, triggering the visual effects, this will also initiate a countdown timer that will shut engines 3 and 4 off after 30 seconds have passed. Once engines 3 and 4 are started, the script will set their throttles to 50% (thus giving them the correct amount of thrust) and then restore control of engines 1 and 2 to the player. The player can then throttle up the jets and start the takeoff. As on the original, the player will be able to shut down the rockets at any point, but has no other control over them. After 30 seconds, the script will shut down engines 3 and 4, the effects will stop and so will the engine sounds for the rockets. The script will also disable all control of engines 3 and 4 for the rest of the flight. The player can then jettison the rocket pods like a drop tank. A parachute effect will trigger on release, though it won't actually slow the drop of the pods.
    So this will only work for jet engine craft. Since I am certain you can't mix engine types in CFS3. hmmm, this counts out the rato on ju88......

I think it could still work, I'm not sure how the numbers would work out between the h.p of the Jumo 211s vs the thrust of the rato, but the basic principle I think would still work. Unfortunately I can't get to it before I move this summer (packing this week), it will be fall before I'll be able to get into it I think.

Local or long distant move??

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Very long distance. Stage 1 is western Washington state to North Carolina to get some specialized flight training in preparation for stage 2 in January, Nairobi, Kenya. I'll be serving as a mission pilot/mechanic over there.

Rayo and move

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Very long distance. Stage 1 is western Washington state to North Carolina to get some specialized flight training in preparation for stage 2 in January, Nairobi, Kenya. I'll be serving as a mission pilot/mechanic over there.
    I thought about that two just after I emailed. Just look at thrust figures, could be done. Hey, where in NC? That is my neck of the woods. Let me know and maybe we could meet up.

Ted

Sounds good, I'll be in Waxhaw, near Charlotte.

Hi, Will there be two versions of the plane, one bomber and one nightfighter?

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    Hi, Will there be two versions of the plane, one bomber and one nightfighter?
    yes, such is the Ar 234 add-on development plan

ok, what I did today is I improved the airbreak / parachute animation feature a bit and merged the interiror parts from my scratch made 3d model into the hellijahs 3d model. its one of the last steps before some public release - I would stop to bother with the hellijahs model completelly, release it as it is now and would focus on the scratch made one only, in future.

hellijahs model enhanced conversion latest stage:

Outstanding.

Please keep going with all your stuff.

I for one really appreciate them.

Kev

glad you like it at this stage

well it could be a small disappointment for some simmers doe the fact the hellijahs Blitz version still be beta and basically enclosed project progress, however, it looks bit better then the dated FIREPOWER Blitz payware. also it would be really mad to make same thing twice.

the original hellijahs model Ar 234B-2 source for FlighGear simulator has been addapted by hairyspin and me for CFS3, main changes:

* optimised mesh
    * new virtual cockpit / interiror parts including bombsight and scope backwards view sight
    * new pylons, RATO pods
    * Ar 234B-2/N "Nachtigall" variant (nose antene and gun gondola)
    * animated parachute airbrake

what I still am not sure is how to release it relating to the RATO (rocket-assisted takeoff) pods. the real ones has been dropped on a parachute when rocket fuel off. this is not doable for CFS3, so they eighter can be:

a) hardcoded into the external model, which way you can get working some RATO flame effect nodes, but they never can be dropped away.

b1) they can be made as weapon payload fuel tanks, but this way you cant get working any flame effect nodes.
    b2) they can be made as weapon payload rockets, but this way they will act like a... common rocket missile

I dont know how to solve the RATOs better... ok, the geckos idea seems could work, but needs to test it first, yet it would be script guided.
    Last edited by BorekS; July 18th, 2018 at 02:29.

Members who have read this thread: 1