Arado-234 freeware? - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    j...all the add-ons for Flight Gear open source simulator, just like the Arado 234, are distributed as AC3D mesh...
    That's handy, Borek. Blender will open AC3D models and from there to 3ds Max is an .FBX export. Sorted! (if you have Max - luckily I do)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

That's handy, Borek. Blender will open AC3D models and from there to 3ds Max is an .FBX export. Sorted! (if you have Max - luckily I do)
    does that rout preserve the animations? just curious.

Haven't tried it yet, Steve. Hopefully the animations are preserved, but Blender/Max differences may add their own twist...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well, gear animations are sorted and the contact points reconfigured after some bother with grass runways. Flaps and other control surfaces also do what they ought to, but other work is getting in the way for now. Real life...
    Tom

just to let know, aside of the model by hellijah mentioned above, there is a new scratch model work in progress aswell, a much polygonaly simpler version, so to speak.

as usually, out of a pure love into low poly modeling I did such birdy a few weeks back. but yesterday first I took a while to make the engine gondole shape bit acceptable to me.

this version may serve as a lower LOD for hellijahs model, but also it may be a standalone add-on. because of the own source shouldnt be too much hard to create another Arado 234 variants, if needed.

Ive modelled the airplane with various blueprint sources, still it surprisingly it match the hellijah shape / proportions. not perfectly, but acceptable, I would say.

well, my version is way from a complete model, there is no hurry, to be honest. but I think a few first public images can be presented already.
    aslo adding one image of the stock CFS3 Do-335 virtual cockpit repaint, which could serve as Ar 234 virtual mockup, eg. in case of AI model flyable version or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ar_234B_low_poly_00_small.jpg   ar_234B_low_poly_03.png   ar_234B_low_poly_02.png   ar_234B_low_poly_01.png   ar_234B_low_poly_04.png   enb2016_12_2_23_29_16x.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome work . Thanks a million. You are one busy man !!

glad you like it

ok, got a decent solution how to animate the Arado air brake - parachute.

Ive used a chute mesh devided into a few same pieces, tagged as gmax spoiler items. the chute pieces are hidden in the fuselage at frame 0.
    at frame 50 is the parachute fully extended. it gives something like a blooming flower effect.

a first test animation works smooth and well!
    probably I am not the first one who did it this way, but I am happy it is from my head and works as I was expecting blooming flower
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ar_234B_parachute_gmax_01.jpg   ar_234B_parachute_cfs3_01.jpg  

Very creative way to solve that problem!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Very clever! I like how you tackle these modeling obstacles and make them work!

ok, guys,
    you can check the animated parachute sample ingame with Ju-88 now, more about here.

Blog Entries
    Would the cockpit from the Fire Power Ar-234 work with this model ?

with with model you mean, mate?

globaly you can replace any cockpit model with another one, the only issues are the fixed gauge properities (eg. speedometer limits) and the VC position very often doesnt match with the other airplane model.

still found stored at my CFS3 wip library: the current stage of the originally meant Ar 234B-2 conversion - a free 3D model by helljah / animated parts & initial gmax model optimalisation by hairyspin / some kind of my project stuff support.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_24_23_8_40.jpg   enb2017_2_24_23_9_53.jpg   enb2017_2_24_23_17_30.jpg   enb2017_2_24_23_22_45.jpg   enb2017_2_24_23_23_20.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Awesome news !! Would love to see a new Ar-234 Bomber/night fighter. Much welcome addition to CFS3.

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    still found stored at my CFS3 wip library: the current stage of the originally meant Ar 234B-2 conversion - a free 3D model by helljah / animated parts & initial gmax model optimalisation by hairyspin / some kind of my project stuff support.
    Good heavens! She´s beautiful. You´re fu* awsome mate!

glad there still are people who seems really would appreciate to have a free Arado 234 for CFS3.

the small poll at my flightsim add-on site says the Blitz would be the most awaited add-on, but there is a few votes infact... so vote please, who can...

Arado 234 is currently not work in progress, just some things changed from previous info relating to the hellijahs model conversion, so I am letting you know... I am bumping the thread a bit.

well, I think it needs to note this thread talks about two Arado 234 projects actually: about the helliajahs model conversion and about a fully scratch made model created by me.
    the scratch made model may serve as a lower LOD for the helliajsh model, but also is meant to be standalone add-on alternative. its just better editable for me, cca 10 times lower polycount...

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Would love to see a new Ar-234 Bomber/night fighter
    ok, one nighty birdy made for you

just took the neptun antena from my model and did a few mouse clicks over the hellijahs texture template
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_27_1_21_3.jpg   enb2017_2_27_1_27_53.jpg   enb2017_2_27_1_30_19.jpg  

took one day for the fake 3d canopy frame feature at least, just curious... originaly used with the Me 264 project. it seems it could work there too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_ar234_2d_frame_test1.jpg   cfs3_ar234_2d_frame_test2.jpg  

yet two images, presenting the same thingy, but this time with working gauges, notorious known from my kitchen...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_28_1_41_49.jpg   enb2017_2_28_1_43_33.jpg  

ok, lets try to create some bit more decently looking frame paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_3_2_0_22_56.jpg   enb2017_3_2_0_22_9.jpg  

Now that looks really good!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

I think a few small paint tweaks to do yet and I wouldnt bother with the canopy frame anymore, next I would just focus on the 3d instruments.

a big question - guys, can you confim the full Arado 234 cockpit 360deg panoramatic view here just doesnt load the scene but one or two image parts? I would be happy, very happy to be able to use such sources!
    Last edited by BorekS; March 2nd, 2017 at 02:13.

added some regular pylon stuff and the the 20mm MG151 twin for our Nachtigall.
    the images also presents Arardo with 2x stock CFS3 fuel tank 300 liter loadout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_3_3_22_11_19.jpg   enb2017_3_3_22_6_42.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2