Arado-234 freeware? - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

Adding one of the cockpit light effects that Andy has already done will reduce the intensity of the default cockpit light.

It's really nice looking project!

yeah. looking the readme its exactly about what I was affraid of the user have to edit manually .ini, .xml and even .xdp files, to get it working as supposed.

thats why I dont use such CFS3 special improvements. my goal still is "put and go" add-on install, keeping my CFS3 clean as it gets and I believe many other players just dont use various enhancements if they have to do some manual work / edits. yet so easy looking act like adding new rows into effect .xml can easy turn into game loader freeze / crash to desktop after a simple copy-paste routine - because of a wrong text format.

however, I am open to be such features available in the mod pack contents as optional stuff, if other method doesnt work that seems would be a case of the red color tone decreasing.

ok, lets put some project current stage info.

VISUALS
    well, we think with Bravo/4 the Blitz project turned into a decent stuff, visually at least.
    there is a few small 3d model/ texture related things I would fix yet, but basically I am 99% done.
    oh yes, there is a lot of parts which miss in the cockpit or could/should be made different way, but this would be a matter of some later Blitz add-on releases.
    btw, this is how it looked at the initial stage, see the large engine gondolas, wheels, the interior:
    image sample #1 and #2.

FLIGHT MODEL
    as to the flight model, Dailliwetti offered a help. I cant say how much time it would take, however the airplane is supposed to be released as it is now, just flyable.

PYLON LOADOUTS - WEAPONS
    weapons is a chapter itself. needs to set more ammo for the night fighter gun gondola and tweak the bullet trace aiming offset for gun cross. a job for volunteer

PYLON LOADOUTS - SPECIAL ITEMS
    the RATOs (rocket boosters) will be included as simple non-working pylon mountable items. Ive set them as dropable fuel tanks 250 kg. its a full weight of the real boosters, which causes 2x250 liters more for fuel capacity, when mounted again, maybe it can be made better, a job for volunteer?

note: I did a sample mount of the (faky) working RATOs, but the test users are always confused why the pods still are burning, yet why the airplane have the burning effect nodes sticky on the wings even when booster items dropped away (as fuel tanks)... so, to avoid of any repeating explanations and confusions over and over, this sample will be NOT included in the public release. it just cant be easy achieved natural CFS3 game config way.

DAMAGE MODEL
    the .mos files for each skin are made and some basic debris parts works. no damage model enhancement is planned.

my small wish to add some indicator lights for landing gear and flaps achieved finally. some instrumenst are made / painted newly, also some gauges are labeled now.

so, I would stop the Blitz VC development for the upcoming release.

to avoid of misunderstandings like "I cant get working the gun at all" I would recommend to hit the F1 key ingame. at least once

Last edited by BorekS; September 18th, 2018 at 15:25.

a simple animated bombsight how-to readme is availabe with F1 ingame help too.

that is why I love CFS3 + Ankor shaders. just check the Bltz FS9 conversion below. alot whorse, isnt? so why to bother...

I will not put FSX conversion shots to avoid of vomiting.

lets still sticky with CFS3!

Borek you star!!

I was going to ask nicely (lol) if I could have a play with the source file for Fs9 and CFS2! And you've gone and done it, great stuff. I appreciate this model is for CFS3, but will you be releasing for Fs9 etc?

And yes you're right, the 'look' is worse than CFS3, that's why I think that there are parallels between CFS3 (with Ankors shaders) and FSX.

Cheers

Shessi

Fantastic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

The images presents a quick CFS3 to FS9 gmax conversion without any animations, just 10 mins of work.
    I put the FS9 Blitz into FSX library and it looked just awfull ingame, but I am not expert how to solve such port related issues. A native FSX conversion could give better results maybe.

Shessi, do you mean you would bother with the Blitz FS9 (or another sim related) conversion, if I would share with you the gmax and texture source? In case of serious interest I would be unbelievably happy for that!

Hi B,
    In a word, yes!

It looks so good in CFS3, it would be a waste not to have it in Fs9 and CFS2!

I'll let you get it to how you want it, and then take a look and go from there, a deal?

Many thanks.

Shessi

well, all the FS9, CFS2 or FSX conversion process I would let on some much more experienced person completelly then me. so any such offers are very welcome
    I was with FS series modding since FS98 up to FS9, used AF99, FSDS, gMax, but then there was a huge break and Ive lamost forgot it all.

as to FSX I never ever tried anything but to put a few FS9 models there. I am not sure if gMax can even serve there as native exporter and I dont know hows the virtual cockpit gauge creation there, is that about 3d gauges / 3d needle keyframed animations just like for CFS3 (finally)?

I could give or create all needed sources, including bitmaps for the 2D panels if needed, gauge paints etc.

just send me a PM to talk about this bit deeper

btw, it reminds me none of my airplane projects has been released public but CFS3 platform. as the Arado 234 Blitz, the Me 163B Komet would deserve it I suppose. having the japan version semimockup, which would fit the CFS2 pretty well

this image taken from my hikoki book seems more complex with the panel and stuff
    Do the B and B2 have so much different?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ar234.jpg  

The googable interior images coming from a few sources only, but the depicted B variant instrument complexity is similar in base. The major difference was the C variant, but it is not our objectives (yet).

The upcoming release contents a simplified VC version doe reasons mentioned repeatedly at this thread already.

Pseudo 3D gauges

small development project news:
    Ive decied to optimize finally the Blitz interior gauge logic. no more many of standalone textures for each single gauge, usually 512x512 sources. it loads too much long.

the new gauges will be/are mapped from a common library texture gauge sheet, similar way as the CFS3 stock ones. it also keeps the sources low, when using normal maps or so.

next, (almost) all the gauges are made from flat layers now, still it appears as 3D like ones and doe the nice Ankor Shader object shadowcasting it looks not too much noticable comparing to the old solution.

a sample of the layered gauge logic and the texture gauge sheets below.

Last edited by BorekS; September 25th, 2018 at 01:48.

Very nice!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Great looking gauges! My I suggest changing the variometer to the type shown the cockpit photo in post #235 of this thread that reads -30 to +30 m/s? On the 150 m/s scale the needle will barely move with the Arado. The 150 scale I think was unique to the Me 163, for obvious reasons.

Just want to mention that it is possible to add normal map (+nm) to any texture used in m3d, including gauges in the cockpit. It can make them slightly more 3D if needed
    Though a normal map may need a higher resolution than diffuse map to create smooth circular shapes without jagged edges. I don't know for sure, never tried it.

thanks for the gauge related comments, guys

@gecko: I see... ok, I can change / reanimate the vario easy

@AnKor: yes, basically I am taking it as any .dds can use its own +nm.dds, thanks for that

my "issue" is the latest Arado 234 project build for the modding support team contents aprox 50 standalone VC gauge .dds files, most of them is 512x DXT1 alpha file. with the main 4096x VC texture and a few other cockpit related textures the virtual cockpit acts bit unoptimalised - when first ingame load at least. if all the VC .dds gauges would have its own +nm.dds files, it would act bit performance whorse yet, I suppose

btw, the main 4096x cpit texture with its same sized +nm.dds acts as 3d very well now, bit my plan is to optimalise this too - to make the painted instruments and its labeling same way as the flat gauge objects. then the main texture would be clean paint in base, therefore half or quarter size then woud be good enough, with similar visual overall result.

you can check the unoptimalised solution stage below, where the flap indicator gauge is assebmed from three flat sguare objects over the main panel surface, but the gear / flap indicator box and the starter button is a pure paint on the main panel texture. to see such paint parts sharp from a close view needs large resolution.

Last edited by BorekS; September 26th, 2018 at 02:30.

Yes, I agree that having lower res "base" texture and then flat overlays for buttons and indicators makes sense.
    It may slightly worsen FPS, because there will be more objects to process, but it is unlikely to have any major impact. For better performance try to use DXT1 textures if possible, unless they cause visual issues.

And yes, +nm and other DX9 textures are loaded on first use and thus delay the appearance of cockpit even more.

ok, all gauges are flat sqaures now (but compass and artifical horizon ball), mapped from the new texture sheets. a first test screenshot attached.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Nice work. Looking fantastic !!

glad you like it

ok, here are two samples from testing the night lighting gauges at mongoose CFS3 config, with installed VC +clight mod by MajorMagee.

[/url]

And...this is freeware, folks! Amazing, I really like the night effects!

Members who have read this thread: 2