Works In Progress and Schedule - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Works In Progress and Schedule

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I see spooks (skulls) in the glass... Halloween! Gorgeous work "G"!!!
    I didn't even notice until you pointed those guys out. lol
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

That gauge glass is the best I've seen Gordon! Keep it coming! Seems like that Internet outage has really got the creative juices flowing!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    While my Win10 update problem has slowed me down in 3DSMax, I've been able to work on other projects. I'm still able to make video without too many problems, so I thought it might be time to put together a short video showing the F2A3 VC work in progress.

The VC is coming along nicely and is at a stage where I'm modeling, mapping and texturing individual components. Right now it's a light study, working on bump, specular alpha lighting variables and baking in ambient occlusion for darker areas of the inner fuse. The panel is not complete, so the gauges have not been brought to life. You will note in the video that the gauges are mock ups. Don't flog me too hard over the silly looking read outs. lol
    The majority of the large bits are done, now I'm working on the plumbing and small detail parts. The more experienced modelers will realize that this is the wrong gun sight for the F2A3. I poached this one from my F7F VC as a placeholder until I model the earlier Mark8 or Mark10. I need to do a bit of research to find which ones are appropriate for the Marine or European variants. Regardless...it still looks really good.

This is my first attempt at building a VC, gauges and all of the various coding involved. It's a big task, and I've developed a very high regard for those who do it well.

The video also showcases my KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional and KMMH Mammoth Yosemite Airports and High Def Photoreal environment terrain. The terrain utilizes my enhanced autogen and vegetation libraries that will be released concurrent with the projects.

Enjoy the video...comments welcome.

Last edited by gman5250; October 17th, 2016 at 15:03.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

What a great job you have done on the cockpit.
    Right up there with the best of them.

Gordon.You have a great talent.

The gauges,btw are just perfect in my humble
    opinion.

Anthin.

Stunning job all around Gordon, the Buffalo, the scenery, as well as the video presentation ! Mike

I never liked this fat plane but This work looks excelent! Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Really great to see continued progress!
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Great video and excellent modeling. Are the airports being released through Orbx or do you have your own version of People Flow?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Great video and excellent modeling. Are the airports being released through Orbx or do you have your own version of People Flow?
    Thanks, and good question Sundog.

Let me be very clear on this issue.

There won't be any ORBX library objects, or assets from any other developer in my projects. I've given Mr. Venema my personal assurance on this issue.
    The video includes some flow objects to develop atmosphere, but only for entertainment.

My projects won't be released through ORBX although I am engineering my sceneries to be as compatible as possible with other platforms. They will "stack" above other sceneries and thereby occlude any sceneries lower in the stack.

With regard to animated people, trees, vegetation and library objects...there will be animated objects for FSX and P3D, but they will not use architecture utilized by other developers.

One reason it is taking so long to finish these projects is that I am developing all of my own assets i.e ground support, vehicles, vegetation, buildings, autogen...the list goes on. It's a marathon, but I'm making good progress.
    Thomas Jefferson

Well done video, highlites your work very well. I grew up in Southern Calif, and know the high desert climes well. Your scenery is extremely realistic, and the autogen is very realistic, especially the scrub brush, which really makes the scene. Looking forward to the release, when it is ready. Your talent and dedication really show in your work so far. Well done.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Far exceeding my expectations Gordon. When I handed my Buffalo model over to you for onward development I was confident it would be good but that is exceedingly good... thank you. And what a backdrop.

Matt

Gordon, that looks real good, both the scenery and the aircraft! I'm looking forward to making a few KNIL paints for it.
    Keep up the good work!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Gordon, that looks real good, both the scenery and the aircraft! I'm looking forward to making a few KNIL paints for it.
    Keep up the good work!
    This one will get a comprehensive PK. Lots and lots of skins to do...and a nice airplane to fly, even if she isn't the prettiest girl at the dance.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    This is my first attempt at building a VC, gauges and all of the various coding involved. It's a big task, and I've developed a very high regard for those who do it well.
    Since the instrumentation on this bird is rather simple, you can stick to the default animation and mouse rectangle code from the modeldef, which at least saves you from having to do all the code anew.

Blog Entries
    I took the plunge an spent the last three days learning how to build VC Panels. I built out the panels for the Buffalo...she's got live gauges...
    I'll need to do some bitmap editing to bring the gauge faces closer to the real airplane, but it's good for beta flying.

Not long now Matt...you will have a flying beta model.

Thomas Jefferson

That looks real "G"!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Awesome !!! Mike

Awesome work and video Gordon!

i noticed that when you were taxiing after landing, the "rock throwing" effect was triggered on your wheels. That means that the taxiway is considered ground and not tarmac surface by the sim. Is the taxiway texture a very hi res photoreal ground or a GP?

You're a star Gordon... can't wait to try out the ugly duckling

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Awesome work and video Gordon!

i noticed that when you were taxiing after landing, the "rock throwing" effect was triggered on your wheels. That means that the taxiway is considered ground and not tarmac surface by the sim. Is the taxiway texture a very hi res photoreal ground or a GP?
    That chunk of taxiway is a tiled GP, but not yet with a platform attached. It's been a while since I edited KMMH in ADE, but it's possible that there is no concrete under that poly. The release version will have all those bits tuned up.
    Thomas Jefferson

Great! Just asking as I am now slowly trying to learn about use of GPs instead of the standard FSX textures for runways and taxiways.

Blog Entries
    Great! Just asking as I am now slowly trying to learn about use of GPs instead of the standard FSX textures for runways and taxiways.
    That particular poly is a hand painted asphalt tile. I use high res texture sheets and tile them, but also add overlays of grime and cracks to break up the repeating patterns.
    Thomas Jefferson

That's what I'm also trying to do. My home base Tatoi LGTT, which I'm building now has a very light colour asphalt texture and minimal markings, very different than the FSX or even REX textures. I may contact you in PM though if I need help, no need to hijack this thread any more. Good luck with all your projects!

Blog Entries
    That's what I'm also trying to do. My home base Tatoi LGTT, which I'm building now has a very light colour asphalt texture and minimal markings, very different than the FSX or even REX textures. I may contact you in PM though if I need help, no need to hijack this thread any more. Good luck with all your projects!
    Sure...send me a PM. I'll be glad to help out.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is looking really SNAZZY Gordo ... I wonder how it would have feared had they put a larger motor in it just to hop up its performance, after all someone was thinking right with near all round viz.

Members who have read this thread: 0