No Aircraft reflection or shine

Thread: No Aircraft reflection or shine

No Aircraft reflection or shine

I'm using Win7 and FSX Acceleration. I get no aircraft shine or reflection on initial load of any aircraft: until I go to Options-Settings-Display-OK, then I get the shine back on the aircraft. I have tried all variations of graphics options with no permanent results. I changed desktop themes, no help there. It is a strange problem indeed, because I only need to open the "display" menu and "ok" back to FSX and the shine/reflection returns. I have also changed different display settings with no benefit. I have deleted and rebuilt the fsx.cfg file, still not getting a handle on this little devil of a problem.
    I even upgraded my NVidia driver to 372.54, still nothing.

Anybody have any ideas?

I moved this thread from the design forum, hopefully the regulars will have an answer to this problem.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Just one aircraft or all of them?

Re-reading it though, I'm leaning towards a FSX.cfg issue in that it's not saving the changes.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I'm thinking the same thing....do you have UAC turned off? Basically are you running FSX as the Administrator? If not you might not have the "permissions" to edit a configuration file permanently. Although I've never heard of this before. Honestly, I would do a compete uninstall then I would ensure that you have all possible administration rights for your account. Then I would reinstall FSX. What you are describing is a failure of the display options to persist between FSX sessions. That is most definitely an FSX.cfg problem. At leadt from my perspective.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0