M$ Updates downloading so SLLLOOOOOOW...

Thread: M$ Updates downloading so SLLLOOOOOOW...

Icon5 M$ Updates downloading so SLLLOOOOOOW...

I received the notice for the usual monthly barrage of updates for Win7 form Microsoft today, but when I select the ones I want and then click to download them, the download speeds are nearly non-existent. Several of my friends are experiencing the same thing and I was wondering if any of you all here at the Outhouse were too. I checked the modem and all is well... Downloaded a few items from the Warbirds Library without a hitch. Anyone have any ideas what's going on with M$?

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Their servers are probably bogged down with the big W10 update X millions.

Win 7 Downloads have been plaques for some time with updates. On the last 5 or 6 installs of Win 7 for customers some have taken up to a month to finally offer updates. Running the Updates utility does nothing. Trusted Install at that point will just run at 50% killing your comp speed. It feels like yet another push to switch to Win 10 to me.

On a happier note. Did a Vista reinstall for a customer and it instantly offered 149 updates and installed them within the hour. Go figure. YEA M$

Win7 updates on the Wife's machine have been traditionally slow, but I always attributed that to the i3 processor.

Updates to my Win9.1 i7 desktop are quicker most the time.

The number of updates can be a factor as well. We get updates for both OS as well as MS Office.

I'm just baffled as to the quantity and frequency of updates they push out. It's no longer once a month, but several times a month and sometime the count is over 20 per update session.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I tend to agree about the server issues... but wouldn't surprise me at all if M$ is trying to get even with those of us who were hell bent on keeping Win10 off of our machines. It's been nearly 24 hours since the notification came that I had updates. There were only 5 of them with the largest being 6+ MB. I have been only able to d/l and install 1 successfully.

EDIT: The updates FINALLY were downloaded and installed successfully. Then just as those finished up, I got another pop-up saying that there was one more. These used to go quickly and without incident, that last lot seemed to take forever. I haven't got a clue.

BB686
    Last edited by Blackbird686; August 14th, 2016 at 15:52.
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I lost my hard drive yesterday...installed a new drive and a fresh copy of Win10 Home version. Not a problem on my end...and for once the updates were seamless. Now comes the task of re-installing FSX and add-ons. Fortunately, I had made a complete backup of my C: drive just last week, so it's just a matter of unzipping all of my files. Tedious.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members who have read this thread: 0