Alpha BAC TRS

Thread: Alpha BAC TRS

Alpha BAC TRS

I updated the FDE on this aircraft so it flies pretty well. If we could figure out how to update the VC this bird would be a real winner. I wonder if I could get Phil to give me the source files, although I'm not sure they were ever his, or if he even still has them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	41928

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	41929

If you could update the cockpit for it, that would be outstanding.

Hi Mal

I cheated and stuck Piglet's T2 cockpit into it. Works very well and makes the flying experience very good. However a truly worthy native cockpit would be great.

Have you updated the model to 'native' FSX? I understand this is not freeware even though it's no longer available, so a conversion cannot be put into the public domain in any case. Which is a real pity.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi Dave

Yes I have and am in the process of generating different load-outs with the external stores. And you are correct, it not freeware so remains on my machine only.

I'll talk to Phil about getting permission for a public release. It may not be his source files so we'll have to wait and see what he says.

I heard back from Phil. He said he does not own the rights to the TRS. The original author was a gentleman named Paul Hanvey. I would not know where to begin in trying to get permission from the author as the original aircraft was done many years ago. Phil did say that with proper permission he could easily convert the files to Max9 source files. So if anyone out there knows Paul Hanvey or where we might contact him just let us know.

I think the gentleman you are looking for is David Hanvey. I guess Phil got him mixed up with Paul Barry. David and Paul created several great FS9 add ons (Alphasim E.E. Lightnings, freeware Hawker Sea Fury's and Tempest).
    When Alphasim was about to close doors, David was working on the SEPECAT Jaguar for FSX, the screenshots were awesome but unfortunately it was never released.
    Five years ago when I was working with Chris Keane to do the Alphasim Lightning port over packs for SOH, we did have contact with Paul Barry. I do not know his current whereabouts but he used SOH member name paulb.

Yes, I think you're right about it being David Hanvey. And if I'm not mistaken, I actually have a copy of that SEPECAT lurking around here somewhere.

Years ago I did a re-vamp of the Hawker Sea Fury that Dave Hanvey and Paul Barry did for FS8/FS9 and set the model up for CFS2. When I contacted them asking permission they were both very willing and pleased to have me working on that project. I'm not sure if the e-mails that I have for them both are still valid but they came from the original read-me files included with the Sea Fury package. I can try that if you like.
    I also made a new afterburner effect and FDE for the FS9 Alphasim TSR2. Not sure how those would perform in FSX.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Get your ducks lined up property on this one before mucking around with the TSR.2 in MCX. It is no longer available commercially
    and since Alphasim did not own the source it was not made available as freeware. It is also certainly not "abandonware" or in the
    public domain. If you don't have permission from David Hanvey/Paul Barry then your next best bet is the one made by Kazunori Ito.
    http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...=TSR.2&x=0&y=0

Frank,
    Not to worry. I have sent an email to David requesting permission to work on upgrading the TSR. Nothing will happen until such time as I have that permission in hand. Either way I will post the answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Yes, I think you're right about it being David Hanvey. And if I'm not mistaken, I actually have a copy of that SEPECAT lurking around here somewhere.
    I wish the SEPECAT got released, looked amazing from what I remember.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    +1 tenfold!!

also fingers crossed on the TSR2.

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I emailed Dave about the Jaguar last year. As some may recall, back around 2012, after Phil at Virtavia said earlier he wasn't interested, I had put Dave in touch with Ron at Razbam. According to Dave the response was initially positive and he sent everything he had on the Jag to them. But then months and now years have gone by with no response to emails. This had led him to abandon that relationship and consider finishing it on his own again. That was last year so who knows? Things done well don't happen in FSX very quickly. It can take months and years to finish something verses weeks back in FS9 days.

Well I haven't received any word from David regarding the TSR so who knows if we're going to hear back from him. Guess we'll just have to be patient and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I updated the FDE on this aircraft so it flies pretty well. If we could figure out how to update the VC this bird would be a real winner.
    One option would be to buy the Team SDB "what if" scenery for RAAF Base Scherger which used an AI version of Dave Hanvey's TSR.2. Make is flyable (simple change in the AIR file), link it up to Mal998's FDE, add a new VC from some other aircraft, and "Bob's your uncle".

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    "Bob's your uncle". Not so sure about that. Uncle Bob has some strange dress habits at the W/E.
    MickeyD

Members who have read this thread: 0